God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one believes that Sunday is the Sabbath anymore. That ship has sailed (in the scholarly sense). It is scheduled to make a fierce return, though. When everything really starts to fall apart, and the Sunday law is passed in a misguided gesture to appease God, remember that the first place you heard about it was right here. :)
I think most Christians have church on Sunday.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, there is no iron-clad proof. God doesn't work that way. His service requires faith based on evidence. And between history, world-wide language, and Exodus 20:8-11, there's plenty enough evidence for this poor sinner.
Then you can't prove the last day of the week is Saturday.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most Christians have church on Sunday.
You betcha. But nearly none of them know why.
Then you can't prove the last day of the week is Saturday.
Not in the sense that you're demanding, no. I truly hope that works out well for you.
I get my information from God, not the Jews.
Then most of the Bible would mean nothing to you.
Your "proof" that Saturday is the last day of the week is merely your assumption.
Whatever you say. :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not in the sense that you're demanding, no. I truly hope that works out well for you.

The Old Testament means nothing to me? Why is that? God speaks often in the Old Testament. I learn from him.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What proof do you have that the continuity of the weekly cycle has been interrupted at some point between the time of the Messiah and now?
None, but then I'm not claiming Sunday is everybody's last day of the week. I'm just claiming that you can't prove that Saturday is the last day of the week.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I imagine the reason most Christians go to church on Sunday is because that is the day church services are held.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not just the Old Testament. Most of the New was written by Jews as well.
I believe the Bible is an accurate testimony to the events it witnesses to. However, I don't value the opinions of Jews more than the opinions of Christians.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I imagine the reason most Christians go to church on Sunday is because that is the day church services are held.
Wouldn't do much good to show up when no one's there, now, would it? Do you really think most Christians know why Sunday is the widely accepted day of corporate worship?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you want to prove something, it seems to me you need to find somewhere in the Bible where God says something that proves your point. A second proof, of course, is an example I used recently on this forum: God didn't tell us not to touch a hot stove, but I know I shouldn't.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the Bible is an accurate testimony to the events it witnesses to. However, I don't value the opinions of Jews more than the opinions of Christians.
We're not talking about opinions, in general. Christians haven't been keeping track of the weekly cycle for at least 3500 years. You seem to be dodging a bit, Bob. :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're not talking about opinions, in general. Christians haven't been keeping track of the weekly cycle for at least 3500 years. You seem to be dodging a bit, Bob. :)
So your belief that Saturday is the last day of the week is based on your belief that the Jews have accuratley kept track of the weekly cycle for at least 3500 years. Can you prove that?