God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to prove something, it seems to me you need to find somewhere in the Bible where God says something that proves your point. A second proof, of course, is an example I used recently on this forum: God didn't tell us not to touch a hot stove, but I know I shouldn't.
Still using the "P" word, eh?

A stove burns, so I'm assuming you're thinking that the truth about the Sabbath should be made manifest by some sort of physiological aberration. I wouldn't count on that happening.

I don't know, myself. That decision was made long ago.
I made mine 30 years ago, based on good evidence. I don't think you really want to discuss this. It seems to me that you'd rather play checkers (I would say "chess" but it doesn't seem quite that stimulating). TTYL, Bob. God bless you. :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A stove burns, so I'm assuming you're thinking that the truth about the Sabbath should be made manifest by some sort of physiological aberration. I wouldn't count on that happening.

I made mine 30 years ago, based on good evidence. I don't think you really want to discuss this. It seems to me that you'd rather play checkers (I would say "chess" but it doesn't seem quite that stimulating). TTYL, Bob. God bless you. :)
Well, yes, you need to prove things to me. I'm not required to take your word for things, am I?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, you seem to expect me to take your word for things, but I can't do that. I need to know what God thinks about these things.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your belief that Saturday is the last day of the week is based on your belief that the Jews have accuratley kept track of the weekly cycle for at least 3500 years. Can you prove that?
I already said what I based my belief on and you conveniently subtracted from the combination. Bye, now. :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe the Bible is an accurate testimony to the events it witnesses to. However, I don't value the opinions of Jews more than the opinions of Christians.
In order to support the idea that there was a change at some time in history regarding the days of the week, you would also have to convince us that in one week, everyone on the planet, Jews, Christians, Muslims, and everyone else, obligingly agreed to that change without anything being recorded in any country in any society regarding any debate or argument as to whether it was a good idea or not. The Jews agreed to changing the timing of the seventh day? The Christians the first? The Muslims the 6th? I call nonsense.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to support the idea that there was a change at some time in history regarding the days of the week, you would also have to convince us that in one week, everyone on the planet, Jews, Christians, Muslims, and everyone else, obligingly agreed to that change without anything being recorded in any country in any society regarding any debate or argument as to whether it was a good idea or not. The Jews agreed to changing the timing of the seventh day? The Christians the first? The Muslims the 6th? I call nonsense.
I'd call that pretty good evidence, but when it is in the heart to justify one's own course of action...

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to anything. I am free to choose any day of the week to be my sabbath, unless God said Saturday is the last day of the week.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have to anything. I am free to choose any day of the week to be my sabbath, unless God said Saturday is the last day of the week.
You are free, indeed, to choose any day of the week to be your sabbath. THE Sabbath of the LORD is another matter. It has already been decided to be the 7th day of the week, which is Saturday on many calendars. And some form of the word "Sabbath" on others. Deny it all you want, but you can't change God's Sabbath. Sorry.

Reactions: GEN2REV

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one cares to much about one thing that others must obey their is a problem to me.

There is freedom in Christ; though it’s not to do whatever we desire in this flesh it is more inclined to have freedom in the spirit of having love for God and love for others; along with love for the truth, and love for the light.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Genesis 2:2-3
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

KJV Exodus 20:10-11
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

KJV Hebrews 4:4
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Now unless you can provide a "thus sayeth the Lord" indicating any change in the above, then God's original word stands. Any future arguments are now between you and God.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one cares to much about one thing that others must obey their is a problem to me.

There is freedom in Christ; though it’s not to do whatever we desire in this flesh it is more inclined to have freedom in the spirit of having love for God and love for others; along with love for the truth, and love for the light.
The Sabbath is not the Gospel. But, in every age, God has had distinct messages for His people. And the Sabbath is the truth for this time. An emphasis on rest is seen as a works-oriented doctrine--How ironic.