God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a good neighbor means we are all first responders no matter what day it is, and I likewise believe America as a nation began to fall, when Americans began to put all such responsibility to others paid to do so.

Nonetheless, your non-answer is admission:

No Sabbath-keeper can be hired into the military, police, emergency care, fire department, political office, etc...as a career. They must keep to themselves and not interfere in any public business and affairs of authority.

No Sabbath-keeper can do any work of employment that by its' very nature demands weekend duty, whether it be Saturday or Sunday according to the day held by them as a Sabbath.

Sabbath-keeping by commandment in modern society is not just a cessation of employed work on a certain day, but is of necessity a withdrawal from any and all paid public authority and duty. They also cannot own businesses, nor be managers and bosses in businesses that remain open on their Sabbath, because then they would be managing and bossing people to work on a Sabbath, which they would then be partakers of breaking the Sabbath.

Neither should they accept any paid service from employees on their Sabbath, lest they partake of the employee's sin on the Sabbath. That would now also include deliveries to home.

They also can conduct no buying nor selling in markets, lest they likewise partake of others breaking a Sabbath:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

There are no real Sabbath-keepers today, as there was in the old covenant, where such a Sabbath was commanded, and every Israelite was indeed supposed to be a first responder to neighbors in any matter of emergency, care, and war.

Sabbath keepers cannot live in nursing homes, nor accept such paid service in their homes on their Sabbath day. If they are taken unwillingly to an emergency ward, then they must depart before the next Sabbath, or have their fellow Sabbath keepers come and release them. They cannot schedule any surgery nor medical aid on their Sabbath days.

Since all such things are now done by employed Sabbath breakers, no such assistance by them while employed can be allowed, lest a Sabbath-Commander partake of their sin of employment on the Sabbath.

There are no Sabbath-keepers anymore, only Sabbath-commanders who like to think they truly keep a Sabbath, as the Israelites of old, who were commanded to do so. A real Sabbath keeper must live out of range of any such employed responders, lest they partake of their Sabbath breaking sins: I.e. them that dwell in the rocks and caves, seeking surety against partaking of other men's sins of Sabbath breaking by employment duty.

Finally, all Sabbath keepers by commandment are judges of others according to their Sabbath days, even judging one another in the day of the Sabbath. There is no commandment of God, that God does not judge by. Nor are there any keepers of His commandments that do not judge with His judgment. James judged that people who do not fulfill their royal law of loving their neighbors are dead in faith: that is a judgment made according to the royal law, which is a commandment of God.

There are no commandments of God that are not law of God, and no commandment of God is without judgment of God, even as no law of God is without transgression of it, by them that do not obey.

Every Sabbath keeper by commandment must judge Sabbath breakers as transgressors of God's law, and wilfully sinning by breaking His commandment.

Don't be a hypocritical Sabbath commanding Pharisee
:)
Hugs back

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. (Matthew 22:29)

Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent. (Mark 3:4)

And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? (Matthew 12:11)

Reactions: Ziggy

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. (Matthew 22:29)

Then Jesus asked them, “Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent. (Mark 3:4)

And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the Sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? (Matthew 12:11)
Wow. Look at that. I never thought you would win me over, and here you finally have!

So, if my employment has me doing good work on any day of the week, then it is lawful on the Sabbath to do it.

And since doing good work for our masters is also good to do, then so long as we do our work good on the Sabbath, it is lawful to do.

Therefore, if we do work on the Sabbath, so long as it done good as unto the Lord wholeheartedly, then it is lawful on the Sabbath.

I can live with that. No problem. It is in fact good exhortation to live by In Christ Jesus. Thank you.

And we don't even have to figure out which Sabbath day is truly Sabbath day, because we ought be doing good work on the job everyday as unto the Lord.

And so, every day is Sabbath day of the Lord, which the man Christ Jesus is Lord of.

I'm a believerrrr!

Therefore only lousy employees break the Sabbath by doing lousy work on any day of the week.But the criminals aren't blessed on the any Sabbath by doing their crimes good...

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Look at that. I never thought you would win me over, and here you finally have!

So, if my employment has me doing good work on any day of the week, then it is lawful on the Sabbath to do it.

And since doing good work for our masters is also good to do, then so long as we do our work good on the Sabbath, it is lawful to do.

Therefore, if we do work on the Sabbath, so long as it done good as unto the Lord wholeheartedly, then it is lawful on the Sabbath.

I can live with that. No problem. It is in fact good exhortation to live by In Christ Jesus. Thank you.

And we don't even have to figure out which Sabbath day is truly Sabbath day, because we ought be doing good work on the job everyday as unto the Lord.

And so, every day is Sabbath day of the Lord, which the man Christ Jesus is Lord of.

I'm a believerrrr!

Therefore only lousy employees break the Sabbath by doing lousy work on any day of the week.But the criminals aren't blessed on the any Sabbath by doing their crimes good...

I hope that God forgives you for twisting Scripture for your amusement.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Desmond Doss
I had the privilege of meeting a man who received the Congressional Medal of Honor. It’s the highest award that can be given in the United States. It was awarded to only one non-combatant in history—a Seventh-day Adventist Christian named Desmond T. Doss.

When called to serve during World War II, he said, “I will serve. I will try to save lives, but I refuse to pick up a weapon or take lives.” He also told them right from the beginning that he wouldn’t work on the Sabbath unless it was a medical emergency. Actually, he didn’t say, “I won’t do it.” He said, “I can’t do it, because as much as I respect my officers and superiors, God comes first.”

The army would try to put a rifle in his hands, and he wouldn’t hold it. They would try to make him work, and he would say, “On the Sabbath, I can’t. I’ll work six days a week, 24-hours-a-day, but from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, I can’t work.” If a life was in danger, he would gladly assist—but when it came to chores like sweeping the barracks or shoveling dirt, he flatly refused. And for this commitment, he was jeered, tormented, ridiculed, and given the most unpleasant assignments all through his military experience… that is, until they got to the front lines in the Pacific theater. His unit participated in some of the worst fighting in Okinawa during World War II. They were once called to storm a Japanese-held escarpment, and a hail of fire was coming down on them. Many marines and soldiers were killed, and scores of wounded lay on top of the bluff.

Doss heard their pleas for help and went up the cliff time after time to tend to them, and then lower them back down to safety, all while under a constant blizzard of enemy bullets. Every time he got back, the other soldiers would say, “You better stop. Don’t push your luck.” But when he heard another person calling out, he went back. No one else went. In the end, Doss singlehandedly brought back 70 wounded men! He was fearless, saying, “I’d rather die than disobey God’s Sabbath.” Remember, the Bible says, “Those who honor me, I will honor.”

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Being a good neighbor means we are all first responders no matter what day it is, and I likewise believe America as a nation began to fall, when Americans began to put all such responsibility to others paid to do so.

Nonetheless, your non-answer is admission:

No Sabbath-keeper can be hired into the military, police, emergency care, fire department, political office, etc...as a career. They must keep to themselves and not interfere in any public business and affairs of authority.

No Sabbath-keeper can do any work of employment that by its' very nature demands weekend duty, whether it be Saturday or Sunday according to the day held by them as a Sabbath.

Sabbath-keeping by commandment in modern society is not just a cessation of employed work on a certain day, but is of necessity a withdrawal from any and all paid public authority and duty. They also cannot own businesses, nor be managers and bosses in businesses that remain open on their Sabbath, because then they would be managing and bossing people to work on a Sabbath, which they would then be partakers of breaking the Sabbath.

Neither should they accept any paid service from employees on their Sabbath, lest they partake of the employee's sin on the Sabbath. That would now also include deliveries to home.

They also can conduct no buying nor selling in markets, lest they likewise partake of others breaking a Sabbath:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

There are no real Sabbath-keepers today, as there was in the old covenant, where such a Sabbath was commanded, and every Israelite was indeed supposed to be a first responder to neighbors in any matter of emergency, care, and war.

Sabbath keepers cannot live in nursing homes, nor accept such paid service in their homes on their Sabbath day. If they are taken unwillingly to an emergency ward, then they must depart before the next Sabbath, or have their fellow Sabbath keepers come and release them. They cannot schedule any surgery nor medical aid on their Sabbath days.

Since all such things are now done by employed Sabbath breakers, no such assistance by them while employed can be allowed, lest a Sabbath-Commander partake of their sin of employment on the Sabbath.

There are no Sabbath-keepers anymore, only Sabbath-commanders who like to think they truly keep a Sabbath, as the Israelites of old, who were commanded to do so. A real Sabbath keeper must live out of range of any such employed responders, lest they partake of their Sabbath breaking sins: I.e. them that dwell in the rocks and caves, seeking surety against partaking of other men's sins of Sabbath breaking by employment duty.

Finally, all Sabbath keepers by commandment are judges of others according to their Sabbath days, even judging one another in the day of the Sabbath. There is no commandment of God, that God does not judge by. Nor are there any keepers of His commandments that do not judge with His judgment. James judged that people who do not fulfill their royal law of loving their neighbors are dead in faith: that is a judgment made according to the royal law, which is a commandment of God.

There are no commandments of God that are not law of God, and no commandment of God is without judgment of God, even as no law of God is without transgression of it, by them that do not obey.

Every Sabbath keeper by commandment must judge Sabbath breakers as transgressors of God's law, and wilfully sinning by breaking His commandment.

E.G. White of the 21st century ="robert derrick, post: 1096826, member: 10263"

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm a believerrrr!

Yeah so like,
anyone who puts any job on any day before the Lord is guilty.
Because every day IS the Sabbath Day, because we are IN it now.
We are supposed to be doing everything, everyday for His glory and not our own,
whatever proffesion that may be, on any day that it may fall.

So get to work!

Hugs

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope that God forgives you for twisting Scripture for your amusement.
You disappoint me. There is nothing personal here,and if we met without knowing it, we would no doubt fellowship in Christ, but unfortunately, your ability to understand exactly what you are doing with Scriptural dispute is very limited.

1. I made a simple realistic claim about Sabbath-keepers not having freedom to be employed in all the modern work of public authority, rescue etc...

And you responded with Scripture, that doing good was lawful on the Sabbath.

You therefore included work of employment that does good, as being lawful on the Sabbath, because it was lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

Employed people doing their jobs are not doing the good neighborly works of charitable help, which was lawful to do on the Sabbath.

So, if I got you wrong, it is because your response was inaccurate.

And so, is it lawful to go to work on the Sabbath, if that employment is the good work of life and death, national security, public authority, rescue, labor management, business ownership, etc...?

If not, then no Sabbath keeper can willingly and knowingly accept such employment, that requires it of them, or that requires them governing those that do.

If not, then it stands as true: Sabbath keepers cannot knowingly and willingly accept employment in any such capacity that requires them to do so, or requires them to supervise them that do so.

I.e. in true Sabbath Keeping by commandment, we could neith work on the Sabbath, nor can we manage them that work on the Sabbath.

It's my job, is not an excuse, but the condemnation of Adam, who pointed at Eve as an excuse for transgressing the commandment of God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah so like,
anyone who puts any job on any day before the Lord is guilty.
Because every day IS the Sabbath Day, because we are IN it now.
We are supposed to be doing everything, everyday for His glory and not our own,
whatever proffesion that may be, on any day that it may fall.

So get to work!

Hugs
Exactly, So that is a commandment of Sabbath days, that I can believe in, because it already is a commandment of Christ:

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

And so everyday is Sabbath day in Christ, where we rest from our own works, and do all our work as unto the Lord.

This is the Sabbath day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the original intention of the Sabbath wasn't a demand to not do things, but rather to give the people rest having just come out of 400 years of bondage.
It was out of mercy that God gave man his Sabbath, His rest.
But you know men.. :rolleyes:
And not only the people but the animals too.

We're going to find out what that's like here pretty soon. I see it coming.
We will work when they tell us to work. We'll eat what they tell us to eat.
We will live the way they tell us to live.
There will be no churches. No worship. No prayer.

Imagine.. 400 years.

God said enough is enough.
The people were crying to God to save them.

We NEED to CRY NOW

The night is well spent
(I like it when that happens.. here: )

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

I don't care what day it is... This is NOW.

Hugs

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Desmond Doss
I had the privilege of meeting a man who received the Congressional Medal of Honor. It’s the highest award that can be given in the United States. It was awarded to only one non-combatant in history—a Seventh-day Adventist Christian named Desmond T. Doss.

When called to serve during World War II, he said, “I will serve. I will try to save lives, but I refuse to pick up a weapon or take lives.” He also told them right from the beginning that he wouldn’t work on the Sabbath unless it was a medical emergency. Actually, he didn’t say, “I won’t do it.” He said, “I can’t do it, because as much as I respect my officers and superiors, God comes first.”

The army would try to put a rifle in his hands, and he wouldn’t hold it. They would try to make him work, and he would say, “On the Sabbath, I can’t. I’ll work six days a week, 24-hours-a-day, but from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, I can’t work.” If a life was in danger, he would gladly assist—but when it came to chores like sweeping the barracks or shoveling dirt, he flatly refused. And for this commitment, he was jeered, tormented, ridiculed, and given the most unpleasant assignments all through his military experience… that is, until they got to the front lines in the Pacific theater. His unit participated in some of the worst fighting in Okinawa during World War II. They were once called to storm a Japanese-held escarpment, and a hail of fire was coming down on them. Many marines and soldiers were killed, and scores of wounded lay on top of the bluff.

Doss heard their pleas for help and went up the cliff time after time to tend to them, and then lower them back down to safety, all while under a constant blizzard of enemy bullets. Every time he got back, the other soldiers would say, “You better stop. Don’t push your luck.” But when he heard another person calling out, he went back. No one else went. In the end, Doss singlehandedly brought back 70 wounded men! He was fearless, saying, “I’d rather die than disobey God’s Sabbath.” Remember, the Bible says, “Those who honor me, I will honor.”
A man of conviction can only be respected and loved for what he is. SDA leaders and opinion makers should make Desmond Doss an example for themselves, the shakepants hypocrites. They are like watchdog Waaksaam who meticulously will sniff up and down and around and down and up the littlelest grass poll except follow the lion's trail into the bush. I am referring to Mark 15:42 which the Adventists were confronted with, but they did not have honesty nor guts nor fear of God to properly understand and interpret, but sniffed at and pretended to have lost the smell-trail which led to the lion's hidingplace the convoluted thorn-bush under Matthew 28:1.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Exactly, So that is a commandment of Sabbath days, that I can believe in, because it already is a commandment of Christ:

And so everyday is Sabbath day in Christ, where we rest from our own works, and do all our work as unto the Lord.

This is the Sabbath day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it.
No, This is the Sabbath day MAN has made, and _I_ will rejoice and be glad in, where _WE_ rest from our own works, and do all our work as were WE the Lord. The Lord HATES YOUR 'sabbaths', FOOLS!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I believe the original intention of the Sabbath wasn't a demand to not do things, but rather to give the people rest having just come out of 400 years of bondage.
God's <<original intention of the Sabbath was to give>> the SINNERS rest having just come out of their IMMEDIATE FALL and bondage on the very day of their creation. Genesis 3.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's <<original intention of the Sabbath was to give>> the SINNERS rest having just come out of their IMMEDIATE FALL and bondage on the very day of their creation. Genesis 3.
I thought God said on the sixth day that everything was cool, and then created the seventh to take a break?
I think the Lord knew there was going to be hell to pay on the first day.. or 8th day.
He was going to have to cut them off.

So your saying, that having pre-knowledge of this, God created the Sabbath as a rescue plan?

hmm

Hugs

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought God said on the sixth day that everything was cool, and then created the seventh to take a break?
I think the Lord knew there was going to be hell to pay on the first day.. or 8th day.
He was going to have to cut them off.

So your saying, that having pre-knowledge of this, God created the Sabbath as a rescue plan?

hmm

Hugs

For carnal minded commanders of a single day of Sabbath, it is their rescue plan made for themselves.

For them that walk after the Spirit, Jesus is their rescue plan: the day of the Lord that Abraham was glad to see.

Those who walk by Sabbath, walk by sight, not by faith. They must see and mark out a certain day in order to believe the day of the Lord and His salvation.

the SINNERS rest having just come out of their IMMEDIATE FALL and bondage on the very day of their creation.

People start having to make up all number of things, in order to support their own tradition.

There was no immediate fall of man. Adam named every beast in the field, before God ever made Eve.

And they also were married in the garden, meaning the marriage bed was honorable and undefiled.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Adam's prophecy of marriage was when the marriage was begun in the marriage bed.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

They weren't made one flesh by the woman being taken from the rib of man, but they were one flesh, when the Lord joined them together in the marriage bed.

Man and Woman come together in the marriage bed, and God joins them together to make them one flesh.

There was no immediate fall. They were in the garden together during the day of God's rest, that would have continued forever with all mankind on earth, if not for the transgression.

That was the beginning plan of God, which is now fulfilled in Christ Jesus and the day of the Lord, where we enter into that promised rest, and once again have right to the tree of Life, that is in the midst of the paradise of God.

The flaming sword was the Word of God keeping the way of the garden: to keep guard against doers of their own works entering in another way to eat thereof, as Adam was supposed to do by commandment. He now keeps the way open to enter in through Him at the cross.

God rested on the seventh day for man's sake, to richly enjoy all the works of God, until they fell by transgression of their own works. The Sabbath commandment later was a shadow of promised rest for physical flesh, until the Redeemer should come and show the way back into the garden of God: the ministry of reconciliation with God in His garden of rest, entered in by the body of Christ, who know the mystery of God from the foundation of the world.

The carnal minded just hold to a once useful and temporary commandment, and call it quits. No need then to consider the deep things of God in His spirit from Scripture of truth.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
walk by faith not by sight.

on the right hand and as leaflets between their eyes.

leaflets.. coverings.. fig leaves.. veil.

Man was given A physical day, because he forfeited spiritual eternity.
For a bowl of soup.
or a piece of fruit.
For their stomach sake.

figuritively speaking.

Isaac blessed Esau as well as Jacob.
Abraham blessed Ishmael as well as Isaac.

One got the high road and the other got the low road.
One got the earthly, the other the spiritual.

Where heaven meets earth,

the firmament.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

There was no immediate fall. They were in the garden together during the day of God's rest, that would have continued forever with all mankind on earth, if not for the transgression.

1Pe 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

Because Adam listened to his wife.
and she listened to the serpent.

Does that mean Eve was the ..... of Babylon the mother of the waters of all living?

what does it mean to go a ....... after other gods?

Don't bite me, I'm just thinking..
Hugs

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

upload_2021-8-24_9-9-50.png

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
For carnal minded commanders of a single day of Sabbath, it is their rescue plan made for themselves.
For GOD Commander sole and chief,
of "the day The Seventh Day",
LORD GOD SAVIOUR of my soul--
of His Only Making, the single day
the Sabbath OF THE LORD MY, HOLY DAY,
for man, for rescue and Salvation
Rest in Christ -- one day --
BUT SCORNED, REJECTED,
TRAMPLED ON,
INSULTED.