God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why Eutychus Dropped Out of Church
The New English Bible actually states that the meeting was held on Saturday night. The chief focus of the story seems to be upon the raising of Eutychus from the dead after he fell out the window. The dauntless Paul, after ministering on Sabbath and all night Saturday night, walked twenty miles on Sunday morning to join his companions in Assos. They had stayed with the ship as it sailed around the peninsula on Saturday night, after the Sabbath was over. That long journey on foot by Paul the next day would have been very inappropriate on any kind of holy day.

Some have equated the breaking of bread with the communion service, but such a view cannot be supported from the Scriptures. Luke assures us that those early Christians broke bread daily. “And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart” (Acts 2:46).

The Bible cannot confirm the contention that Paul celebrated the Lord’s Supper with the believers in the upper room. The wording seems to indicate that it was a common meal they shared together. “When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten…” (Acts 20:11). Here we find that eating was associated with the breaking of bread. It is unlikely that the communion meal would be referred to in this manner.

But even if that farewell meeting had included the celebration of Christ’s suffering and death, it would not lend any credence to Sunday observance. We have seen from Acts 2 that bread was broken daily, and nowhere is the Lord’s Supper linked to any particular day. It is surely obvious to anyone that the Troas meeting was not a regular weekly worship service. The importance of that all-night session appears in the miraculous raising of the young man Eutychus, and in the fact that Paul would never see them again before his death. The particular time frame—all Saturday night—has no spiritual significance whatsoever. Luke, the careful historian, does not even record any of the content of Paul’s marathon sermon, although he faithfully documents the miracle of the resurrected youth. Apparently, it was the way Eutychus dropped out of church, and not the day on which it happened that Luke is seeking to establish.

We have now completed an intensive examination of each one of the eight New Testament references to the first day of the week. Not one of them has offered the slightest evidence that Sunday was ever sanctified by God or celebrated by man. God’s great infallible test-Book has revealed that the majority is following tradition instead of truth. Millions have been deceived into blind adherence to an empty pagan symbol.

I am reminded of the story of a Russian czar who took a walk one morning in the border area of his extensive palace grounds. There he saw a soldier with a gun on his shoulder marching up and down near a deserted corner of the courtyard wall. He asked the soldier, who was apparently on sentry duty, what he was guarding. The man replied that he was only following orders and did not know why he was assigned to that particular spot. The czar asked the captain of the guard what the soldier was doing, but he had no idea either. The general in charge of the palace security was consulted, but he could give no reason for the assignment. Finally, the king ordered a search of the dusty military records, and the mystery was unfolded. Years and years before, the queen mother had planted some rose bushes in that corner ofthe courtyard, and a soldier had been sent to protect the tender plants from being trampled. Later, someone had forgotten to cancel the order, and the daily sentry ritual had continued through the years—soldiers with their guns, guarding nothing but an empty rose plot.

Today there are millions of sincere Christians who are religiously trying to protect the sanctity of Sunday. They don’t realize that there is really nothing to guard. The first day of the week is just as devoid of holiness as the deserted courtyard of roses. Jesus said, “Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up” (Matthew 15:13).

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12
1At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.”

3He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? 6I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent. 8For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” (Matthew 12:5,7)
By your sabbath, it is lawful to work on the sabbath in an employed profession.

Men's commandments come with excused exceptions.

Not God's.

It is your sabbath, not God's.

End of story.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day They Kept
Now that we have exhausted all possible sources for Sunday keeping without finding the smallest favorable evidence, let us turn to the inspired history of that early church. If they did not keep the first day of the week, which day did they observe? The book of Acts establishes a consistent pattern of seventh-day Sabbathkeeping. On one occasion, Paul was petitioned by the Gentiles to hold an exclusive service for them on the Sabbath. “And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath … And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God” (Acts 13:42, 44).

There are some very interesting points in these dynamic verses that validate the Sabbath practices of Paul and his fellow Christians. After preaching in the synagogue, where the Gentiles were not permitted to enter, Paul was besieged by the Gentiles with an appeal to preach to them “the next Sabbath.” Many have charged that Paul only preached in the synagogues on the Sabbath because he had a ready-made crowd of Jews to work on. This is a false claim. In this instance, Paul made an appointment to minister to the Gentiles on the following Sabbath, and according to verse 43, many of those who heard him that day were “proselytes” to the faith. This means they were converts to Christianity, and Paul and Barnabas “persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.”

How interesting it is that their Sabbath worship is spoken of in the context of continuing in God’s grace! Modern critics of the Sabbath try to label Sabbathkeepers as legalists who are aliens to the grace of the gospel. Not so the writers of the Bible, who constantly associate obedience with true salvation by faith.

In Acts 16:13 we have positive proof that Paul kept the Sabbath even when there was no synagogue and no Jews. He was ministering in Greece, where there were only a few scattered Jews and no synagogue at all. What did he do on the Sabbath? “And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which resorted thither.”

Even with no church to attend, the apostle sought out a spot where religious worship was carried on—a place of prayer by the river—and preached to those who went there. Surely, no one can fail to discern Paul’s deep commitment to the Sabbath as we follow him in this unusual outdoor mission. Just suppose this Macedonian experience had taken place on the first day of the week instead of the Sabbath. Without question, it would be cited as absolute evidence for Sunday worship, and we would have to concur. But what possible arguments can one present against this example of Paul in true Sabbathkeeping?

Again, we read about Paul’s customary practice in these words, “And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures” (Acts 17:2). “And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks” (Acts 18:4).

Finally, we cite the great apostle’s personal testimony that he never kept one Sunday holy in his whole life. Just before his death, Paul made this emphatic statement to the Jewish leaders, “Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans” (Acts 28:17).

Think for a moment! If Paul had ever deliberately broken the Sabbath, or kept another day than the seventh, he could not have declared truthfully that he had done nothing against Jewish custom. On the strength of this unqualified declaration by a man of unimpeachable integrity, we close the search for Sunday keeping authority in the Bible. It just is not there.

Had we been able to find it, our religious obligation would, without doubt, be much easier to fulfill. We would have the support and example of most of the great religious institutions of the land, both Protestant and Catholic.

But we are not looking for the most popular way or the most convenient way; we are looking for the Bible way. And we have found it. In all honesty, we must declare that the prevailing custom of keeping a different day from the one commanded in the great handwritten law of God is contrary to the Word which will finally judge us. No amount of popular, majority opinion can annul the weighty testimony of a plain “Thus saith the Lord.” We must stand upon the Bible and the Bible alone for our doctrine on this subject.

The Word of God declares, “The seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work” (Exodus 20:10). Until we find some indication in the Bible that God retracted that moral law which He introduced to the world with such a fanfare of power and grandeur, we will accept the Ten Commandments as still relevant and binding today. God said what He meant, and He meant what He said.

Some argue that God exempts us from the fourth commandment because it is impossible to keep the seventh day in the competitive, industrialized society in which we have to earn a living. It is undoubtedly true that Satan has manipulated the economic world to the distinct disadvantage of the Sabbathkeeper, but Godhas never required the impossible. It is never necessary to break one of God’s commandments for any reason.

You may say, “But my employer requires that I work on Saturday, and I can’t let my family starve.” The answer to that dilemma was given by our Lord long ago in the Sermon on the Mount. He said “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33). The preceding verse defines “these things” as food, clothes, and job. Jesus is simply telling us that if there is ever a conflict between obeying Him and obeying our employer, we should put Him first. Material considerations should never be made more important than doing God’s will.

In every case, God honors the faith of a Christian who decides to keep the Sabbath regardless of what happens to his job. Many times God works miracles by making special arrangements for the Sabbathkeeper. In some cases, He allows His children to be tested by losing their jobs, and then opens up better ones in response to their faith. Nevertheless, the “things” are always added when we trust Him and obey, regardless of the circumstances.

The real secret of keeping the Sabbath of the Lord is to have the Lord of the Sabbath in our hearts! It is love that leads God’s children to choose death rather than disobedience to one of His commandments. Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15). The apostle John defined love in these words, “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments” (1 John 5:3).

Thus, it is not so much the question of a day as it is of a way—the way of obedience through love, or of disobedience through lack of love. Mark it down and never forget it! Keeping the Sabbath, even the true seventh-day Sabbath, is an operation in futility if it does not proceed from a heart full of love and devotion to God. Without love, all law keeping becomes mechanical and miserable, but with love, every commandment becomes a joy and delight. Make this kind of personal love relationship the basis of your Sabbathkeeping, and it will be the happiest day of your week, for the rest of your life!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 4:3-4
3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know nothing of these things, because your faith in Him goes no further than a so-called physical obedience to a carnal commandment, that you don't even keep as He once gave it.
You're venturing dangerously close to calling into question another member's standing with God, which is a distinct violation of forum rules. It also shows a level of frustration that indicates you're getting desperate. "Nothing personal," right?

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you accuse others of 'logical fallacy'.
Here you're playing the victim. I'm just pointing out a valid observation.

You know, in almost every one of these debates I get into on the Sabbath and God's law, those who oppose the Sabbath start out by saying "You're judging me" and end up with the refrain: "You're not a Christian." It happens practically every time.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't judge you for keeping a Sabbath.
Being yet carnal, you do not know His eternal moral code begins with purity of heart and faith to do His will and commandments according to His righteousness.
You know nothing of these things, because your faith in Him goes no further than a so-called physical obedience to a carnal commandment, that you don't even keep as He once gave it.
It's amazing; It really is.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're venturing dangerously close to calling into question another member's standing with God, which is a distinct violation of forum rules. It also shows a level of frustration that indicates you're getting desperate. "Nothing personal," right?
You need to look at your own people, such as Gerhard, unless you want to denounce them.

I don't speak of anyone's Christianity, but only make judgements based upon Scripture.

In the matter of the carnal commandment of Sabbath, I say plainly you are both carnal and hypocritical, for keeping a carnal commandment that is not commanded by Jesus Christ to His body, and you don't even keep it as God once commanded it.

Judging a believer as carnal is what Paul did, saying ye are yet carnal, but he was not saying they were not believers and unsaved, but only that they needed to put away certain rules that were carnal in their practise, so that they could go on to perfection.

And since your frustration is leading you to make forum threats, I am finished with you on this thread, lest you also become a false accuser.

In any case, as I said, the story here is over, so far as I'm concerned. If you want to go to the thread about the Sabbath being a carnal commandment, then feel free to do so.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick

What do "carnal commandment" and "according to His righteousness" even mean in this context?
You need to look at your own people, such as Gerhard, unless you want to denounce them.

I don't speak of anyone's Christianity, but only make judgements based upon Scripture.

In the matter of the carnal commandment of Sabbath, I say plainly you are both carnal and hypocritical, for keeping a carnal commandment that is not commanded by Jesus Christ to His body, and you don't even keep it as God once commanded it.

Judging a believer as carnal is what Paul did, saying ye are yet carnal, but he was not saying they were not believers and unsaved, but only that they needed to put away certain rules that were carnal in their practise, so that they could go on to perfection.

And since your frustration is leading you to make forum threats, I am finished with you on this thread, lest you also become a false accuser.

In any case, as I said, the story here is over, so far as I'm concerned. If you want to go to the thread about the Sabbath being a carnal commandment, then feel free to do so.
I didn't threaten you in any way, and your capacity for doubletalk is immensely gigantic.

sundown sam

Jul 1, 2021
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for mentioneing 1st Corinthians 8:2, today I was reading a passage in scriptures which brought that verse to my attention. As previously stated, there are those who do not want to learn the truth of God's word, all they want to do is debate God's word with their distorted teachings and to impress others, lifting themselves to high places, there is nothing new under the sun.

The commandments of God has nothing to do with Salvation, but all to do with obedience to God word, and neither does it make one God's righteousness, but it does allow one to walk in a righteous walk and that righteous walk is evidence that we were made God's righteousness on the cross in Yeshua apart from the law.

Ecclesiastes 12:13, the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Those who say that the law of God is done away with, they cannot use this verse because this was stated prior to the AD books.

Stay away from this robert derrick, his views are distorted, you are wasting your time responding to him and that is what he wants you to do. As previously stated, I had a private conversation with him and he could not answer my question, no respond to many things I said and that is because he deliberately is refusing to accept the truth.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for mentioneing 1st Corinthians 8:2, today I was reading a passage in scriptures which brought that verse to my attention. As previously stated, there are those who do not want to learn the truth of God's word, all they want to do is debate God's word with their distorted teachings and to impress others, lifting themselves to high places, there is nothing new under the sun.

The commandments of God has nothing to do with Salvation, but all to do with obedience to God word, and neither does it make one God's righteousness, but it does allow one to walk in a righteous walk and that righteous walk is evidence that we were made God's righteousness on the cross in Yeshua apart from the law.

Ecclesiastes 12:13, the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Those who say that the law of God is done away with, they cannot use this verse because this was stated prior to the AD books.

Stay away from this robert derrick, his views are distorted, you are wasting your time responding to him and that is what he wants you to do. As previously stated, I had a private conversation with him and he could not answer my question, no respond to many things I said and that is because he deliberately is refusing to accept the truth.
I love 1 Corinthians 8:2 because it levels the playing field so convincingly. So many people portray that they are advanced in knowledge of Bible truth and speak condescendingly toward people. The way I see it, there are two types of rational beings in the universe: God Himself; and His created rational beings. None of us are better than the other--only perhaps better off.

I think it might be a mistake to say categorically that the commandments of God have nothing to do with salvation since the law is the yardstick whereby we will be judged as to whether we are salvageable or not. It might be more accurate to say that the law has little to do with atonement per se, or justification. It is involved to some extent because Christ's record of law-keeping is granted to our accounts as worthy of our redemption.

Sanctification, which is an integral part of salvation, has everything to do with the law. And even having made this distinction, it is also dangerous to separate justification from sanctification, as if the power of God to effect either was divided. It is indeed the same power. :)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath Keepers are in Christ Jesus and they aren't held to only one day of the week they're allowed to worship either. They can worship any day they like. They also don't have to be Jewish to do so and many are not SDA's.

They simply choose to observe the 7th day out of reverence for the only day that God ever sanctified (Gen. 2:2) at the end of Creation Week and because it is the only day God ever commanded to be worshiped upon.

They just do it to stay true to scripture. That's all.

And as I have said before, there's nothing wrong with doing that for those who believe on Jesus Christ as The Son of God.

Yet, those who choose to do so are not to try and force other Christian brethren to follow them, and that also means not trying to belittle them because they don't observe the old covenant sabbath time.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." Hosea 4:6.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14.

"God spoke in parables and without a parable he did not speak..." [paraphrased].
"That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear and not understand..." [paraphrased] Mark 4:34, 12.

With the Scripture passages above, I'm afraid none who posted here have understood the meaning of the OP. It never intended to make clarification of the nature and character of the Seventh Day Sabbath, rather the statement dictated "God changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to the first day of the week." Now it begs the question, "did God really changed the Sabbath Day from the seventh to the first day of the week?

Yet everyone who posted here began to argue about the nature and character of the Seventh Day Sabbath which was never called for, because many, if not all, understood the meaning of the Seventh Day Sabbath, that is not to do any kind of work and to rest for God rested on the seventh day after He created the world in six days and made that day Holy.

I've asked many times why the punishment is so great as to stone to death the man who picked up sticks on the sabbath Some tried to explain but the question was never satisfied.

Since no one here understood Matthew 28:1 even after it was explained with supporting Scripture verses, I will now extrapolate the whole over all picture of the significance of the physical and spiritual context of Matthew 28:1,

I'm sure many will disagree. But that's the nature of the forums.

These blind preachers and teachers summon the people to come forward and say the “sinner's prayer” and or “confess, believe, and accept” the Lord Jesus and they will be saved. All these are the work of man making them the king maker instead of the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet this is NOT the teachings of the true Gospel concerning salvation. The Lord Jesus said: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” And how did Jesus do that? By going to the cross! Hallelujah!!! THAT IS IT! Jesus did all the work to save us and we are to rest in His work! That is no work that we can do to add to our salvation for Christ did all the work to save us. Indeed, Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath! And if we somehow want credit or a part in our salvation then the gates of hell is upon us.

How simple and clear it is when we understand Scripture and know how to connect the dots, by prayer and by the leading of the Holy Spirit of course.

The above rendering then is the gist of Matthew 28:1 that the end of an era of Sabbaths is ending, that is no more work to atone for sins as the manner of the Jews of old did by sacrificing animals to atone for their sins; and, as it "began to dawn towards the first of the Sabbaths," that is an era of new Sabbaths of intense work now is in view like the work of necessity, assemble ourselves together in a church setting, to hear the Gospel preached, give our tithes, write letters to friends about the true nature of the Gospel which we couldn’t do for the past week because of the hectic of our jobs, and so on, and so on, and so on.

I believe the rendering and understanding of Matthew 28:1 has been met as the OP has declared with supporting Scripture passages.

I know I do not articulate well what I desire to teach for lack of education but nevertheless, I’m sure I’m understood. And if by chance I’m not understood please feel free to ask questions.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

GtoR

Aug 27, 2021
Townsville Queensland Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"God changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to the first day of the week." Now it begs the question, "did God really changed the Sabbath Day from the seventh to the first day of the week?

And what does it matter? The weekly Sabbath was only a shadow of the reality that is in our near future, the Lord’s day of one thousand years from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that day at the age of 930 years. The Great Sabbath of one thousand years.

From the book of Jubilees 4: 30; “And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: 'On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.' For this reason, he did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.

Colossians 2: 16; So let no one make rules about what you eat or drink or about holy days or the New Moon Festival or the Sabbath. 17All such things are only a shadow of things in the future; etc.

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord) has fixed a day in which He shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a 'MAN' He has 'CHOSEN'. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that 'MAN' from death.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does it matter? The weekly Sabbath was only a shadow of the reality that is in our near future, the Lord’s day of one thousand years from the day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that day at the age of 930 years. The Great Sabbath of one thousand years

I'm aware of the weekly Sabbath as a shadow in which the reality that is to come is the Lord Jesus, but NEVER as the one thousand years from the day Adam ate of the forbidden fruit as you suggest.

[QUOTE="GtoR, post: 1101572, member: 12786"]Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord) has fixed a day in which He shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a 'MAN' He has 'CHOSEN'. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that 'MAN' from death[/QUOTE]

The "MAN" He has "CHOSEN" is a far cry from the "MAN ORDAINED." This "MAN" is called JESUS [who is the second person of the Holy Trinity], also said: "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up." "But he spake of the temple of his body." John 2: 19, 21.

I don't know what Bible you read but my Bible does NOT have a Book called Jubilee, therefore the bible you are reading is NOT inspired nor does it speak of a Great Sabbath of one thousand years, and therefore not credible!

To God Be The Glory

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 36

22“Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 29I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. 30And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. 31Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. 32Not for your sake do I do this,” says the Lord God, “let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!”

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above rendering then is the gist of Matthew 28:1 that the end of an era of Sabbaths is ending, that is no more work to atone for sins as the manner of the Jews of old did by sacrificing animals to atone for their sins; and, as it "began to dawn towards the first of the Sabbaths," that is an era of new Sabbaths of intense work now is in view like the work of necessity, assemble ourselves together in a church setting, to hear the Gospel preached, give our tithes, write letters to friends about the true nature of the Gospel which we couldn’t do for the past week because of the hectic of our jobs, and so on, and so on, and so on.

I believe the rendering and understanding of Matthew 28:1 has been met as the OP has declared with supporting Scripture passages.
And I contend that no amount of commandment-keeping has ever atoned for a man's sin and therefore Matthew 28:1 affords no delineation of covenants or Saturday/Sunday sacredness. Dispensationalism is a devising of man. The book of Hebrews makes it plain that it was not possible for the blood of animals to atone for sin. The ancient Hebrew sanctuary service was an object lesson to show how God planned to dispose of sin. Every sinner. starting with Adam had salvation available to them by the means of the eternal antidote for sin: Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world.

The new (everlasting) covenant is everywhere in Scripture.

And Sunday-keeping is a teaching of the commandments of men.