God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
@farouk,

Why did you quote Samara777's question "Explain what the bible means by THE LORDS DAY...?" and then not address it?

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, we're so much more enlightened now. I can't keep track of you guys, so in case I repeat myself I'm sorry, but you do know that people are saved no differently today than they were in antiquity, don't you? Salvation has always been by grace through faith. No Old Testament believers were saved by sacrificing animals or keeping commandments. When are you folks going to get it through your heads that God never changes? The gospel is everlasting, backward and forward. God just couldn't spring it on them so forcefully in the beginning--it would've spooked them. Revelation is progressive.
Absolutely wrong. Someone’s misleading you.

Now Abraham was justified by faith - 430 years before the law, and Noah had faith and grace, but neither faith or grace is in the law of Moses.

There’s not a drop of grace or faith in the law of Moses. and animal sacrifice atoned for their sins:

Lev 5:6 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin.

Their righteousness was from following all of the law of Moses:

Deu 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Deu 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

The law was our schoolmaster UNTIL FAITH came:

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

To review: in the mosaic covenant their atonement for sins came from animal sacrifices, their righteousness was by keeping all the of the law, there was no grace or faith in that covenant, because grace and faith came through Christ, and the law was our schoolmaster UNTIL FAITH CAME.

Shalom Aleichem

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely wrong. Someone’s misleading you.

Now Abraham was justified by faith - 430 years before the law, and Noah had faith and grace, but neither faith or grace is in the law of Moses.

There’s not a drop of grace or faith in the law of Moses. and animal sacrifice atoned for their sins:

Lev 5:6 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin.

Their righteousness was from following all of the law of Moses:

Deu 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Deu 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

The law was our schoolmaster UNTIL FAITH came:

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

To review: in the mosaic covenant their atonement for sins came from animal sacrifices, their righteousness was by keeping all the of the law, there was no grace or faith in that covenant, because grace and faith came through Christ, and the law was our schoolmaster UNTIL FAITH CAME.

Shalom Aleichem
Exactly when did grace, faith, and truth come?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, we're so much more enlightened now. I can't keep track of you guys, so in case I repeat myself I'm sorry, but you do know that people are saved no differently today than they were in antiquity, don't you? Salvation has always been by grace through faith. No Old Testament believers were saved by sacrificing animals or keeping commandments. When are you folks going to get it through your heads that God never changes? The gospel is everlasting,Yes, you're more enlightened backward and forward. God just couldn't spring it on them so forcefully in the beginning--it would've spooked them. Revelation is progressive.

Of course you're more enlightened now by man's wisdom. You will read Scripture according to your church's doctrines. On the other hand, The children of God rely only on the Spirit of God [Romans 8:7-9].

Yes indeed, salvation is by grace but whose faith? Scripture tells us that faith is a gift, rather it is the faith [of] Jesus Christ!

God never changes? SURELY HE DOES!!! Read Jeremiah 11:8-11.

Spooked them? FYI, God saved those whom He desired to save before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will read Scripture according to your church's doctrines. On the other hand, The children of God rely only on the Spirit of God [Romans 8:7-9].
I'm assuming, since you seem to be implying here that I'm brainwashed, that you never relied on any third party influence to arrive at your current theological conclusions?
Yes indeed, salvation is by grace but whose faith? Scripture tells us that faith is a gift, rather it is the faith [of] Jesus Christ!
AGREED!
God never changes? SURELY HE DOES!!! Read Jeremiah 11:8-11.
For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)​
Spooked them? FYI, God saved those whom He desired to save before the foundation of the world.
I've told you already, I don't subscribe to radical predestination.
Just as Ellen G. White saw a halo on the fourth commandment? NO THANKS!
Suit yourself.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
animal sacrifice atoned for their sins
Hebrews 10
1For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

5Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin

You had no pleasure.

There’s not a drop of grace or faith in the law of Moses
Hebrews 11

23By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king’s command.

24By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the [g]passing pleasures of sin, 26esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.

27By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible. 28By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest he who destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land, whereas the Egyptians, attempting to do so, were drowned.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm assuming, since you seem to be implying here that I'm brainwashed, that you never relied on any third party influence to arrive at your current theological conclusions?

O course I have, but by prayer and supplication the Holy Spirit led me to Strong's Concordance that the word "week" is the very same Hebrew word "Sabbaton" [Sabbaths] found in Matthew 28:1, and I've also learned that all italicized words in the KJV Bible are NEVER in the original manuscripts, rendering Matthew 28:1 to read thus: "At the end of the Sabbaths as it began to dawn towards the first of the Sabbaths... "

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6)

Yes, God does not change that is in His substance and essence, but His program may change. Read again Jeremiah 11:8-11 and other passages like it.

I've told you already, I don't subscribe to radical predestination.

Because you only subscribe to the teachings of Ellen G. White or your church. I suggest you read and listen carefully to what Ephesians 1:5 teaches for it is God's word!

To God Be The Glory

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O course I have, but by prayer and supplication the Holy Spirit led me to Strong's Concordance that the word "week" is the very same Hebrew word "Sabbaton" [Sabbaths] found in Matthew 28:1, and I've also learned that all italicized words in the KJV Bible are NEVER in the original manuscripts, rendering Matthew 28:1 to read thus: "At the end of the Sabbaths as it began to dawn towards the first of the Sabbaths... "
So the Holy Spirit and Strong's Concordance led you to determine that the word that 30+ English Bibles translates "week" is actually "Sabbaths?"
Yes, God does not change that is in His substance and essence, but His program may change. Read again Jeremiah 11:8-11 and other passages like it.
Malachi 3:6 doesn't say anything about substance and essence. That's your private interpretation. In fact, its context is much like that of Jeremiah 11:8-11 (which contains no indication of God changing the way He deals with mankind, in general).
Because you only subscribe to the teachings of Ellen G. White or your church. I suggest you read and listen carefully to what Ephesians 1:5 teaches for it is God's word!
I was thoroughly convicted of the basic truths I hold long before I'd ever heard of Mrs. White. And before I'd ever belonged to any church. Reading minds again?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. (Matthew 18:14)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

Reactions: Brakelite

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two scriptures cut to the chase about not having to keep the 7th day sabbath:

Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Gal 4:10 Ye observe DAYS and months, and times, and years.

Gal 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
A closer examination of these passages 1. shows how you are deceitfully using them to argue against God's commandments and 2. shows how the rest of your argument against God's commandments collapses like a house of cards.

First of all, Gal. 4:8 clearly shows Paul was referring to the Galatians' pagan past in verse 9: "But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods." The clear takeaway is that Paul was rebuking them for going back to their pagan beliefs and serving false gods. It is completely illogical to use verse 9 as a basis to argue the Galatians slipped into apostasy by keeping God's commandments when John stated in 1 Jhn 2:3 that a person can only know God by keeping His commandments.

Secondly, the days, months, years, and times, Paul referred to were the occult-centered festivals the Galatians celebrated before their conversion. The Galatians were Gentiles, which obviously meant they had absolutely no prior knowledge of God's commanded festivals. It also implies that these people were accustomed to worshiping the sun, moon, and stars. Again, it's completely illogical to argue verse 10 is referring to God's commanded festivals, particularly because Paul described God's commandments in Rom. 7 as "holy, just, and good."

Paul's words in verse 11, when read with verses 8-10, shows Paul's concern for the Galatians straying away from God's commandments.
The sabbath was Old Testament law, and The Lord rose from the dead on the first day of the week, aka "The Lord's Day". If you refuse to see the significance in Jesus fulfilling the law and creating a new way to be a believer aka not needing to sacrifice when we sin etc then fine but Jesus's day is The Lord's Day as He is The Lord and that is the first day if the week that He rose from the dead on.
The Bible disagrees with you on pretty much everything you said. Biblical chronology shows the resurrection happened in the afternoon hours of the weekly Sabbath, the Sabbath is directly or indirectly commanded throughout the Bible as a present and future obligation, and Christ plainly stated in Matt. 5:17 that no one was to even think that He came to start a new religion, least of all one that opposed what Moses wrote(i'm not saying Christians are supposed to sacrifice animals to be forgiven). Christ was also 100% clear in Mar. 2 when He said He is Lord of the Sabbath. And unless you can find a passage that says He became Lord of Sunday, you are simply lying.