God does have friends according to the Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Where does it say that we should take care of our brethren first"

Galatians 6:10
"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

I think that this also fits with what Jesus Taught: -

Matthew 22:37-40: - 37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."​

If you cannot love yourself, then how can you love your neighbour.

The same is also true for doing good to all people, if you cannot do good to those who belong to the family of believers, then how can you do good to all the people?

In other words do not differentiate between the people living around you and the brethren when doing good.

It was my advise to the people in the third world country where the Goats were being given to families. not to differentiate between the "Christians" and the people of the "other faiths" that the Christians were living among.

There is a fine line of responsibility when doing good to all.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not sure if im following you, but if this is about the Qur’an Surah, that might be reflected in our Bible v There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light

No sir, I am a Christian, so anything I am speaking about will come from the Christian Bible. I am really quite illiterate in other faiths.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That we love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls (Matthew 22:34-40).

I don't think it has anything to do with both of us being named Bob, but when I was typing that to you, that was exactly the Scripture I had in mind. Yes sir, Jesus confirms that for us.

So now let me get a little deeper. Likely you are very well aware that those who love God, show their love for Him by obeying His commandments, as we see in 1 Jn 5:3, as well as the obedience to them leads to our everlasting life Mat 7:21. So my next question in this line of thought is, what are we to do?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, well give us a date then eh, since i guess thats the best way to demonstrate the error here
if there is any i mean

“Soon and very soon” is a hideous corruption of Scripture imo
not that im blaming you or anything

I wish I could Byrdie, but at this time we still do not know the day or hour, but if it is any consolation, I can narrow it down to within 3 days.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it has anything to do with both of us being named Bob, but when I was typing that to you, that was exactly the Scripture I had in mind. Yes sir, Jesus confirms that for us.

So now let me get a little deeper. Likely you are very well aware that those who love God, show their love for Him by obeying His commandments, as we see in 1 Jn 5:3, as well as the obedience to them leads to our everlasting life Mat 7:21. So my next question in this line of thought is, what are we to do?
We’ve already covered “Love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls.” I guess the next step is to “Love your neighbor as yourself.” I look at the other commandments as defining these two.

There is some difference of opinion as to what constitutes a commandment. I would define the commandments as the ten mentioned in the Old Testament and the two great commandments Jesus gave us. Other statements in the Bible help define these twelve.

And then I would say, “Pray constantly.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 RSV)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men can not see God.
God sends Himself to men, in the likeness of things men can comprehend,
Which maintains men can not see God.

Exactly Taken. Rom 1:20. Although we observe God in creation, or in other words by the things we see, I think the best way to come to know God is through His word the Bible. Do you believe the Bible is God's inspired word?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly Taken. Rom 1:20. Although we observe God in creation, or in other words by the things we see, I think the best way to come to know God is through His word the Bible.

We come to TRUST God BY His Word.
His Word was expressly given us TO Hear.
His Word FORETELLS what will COME to PASS.
Men can Observe with their EYES what was FORETOLD would COME to PASS, WHEN it comes to pass....thus the TRUST is established.

TRUSTING GOD, precedes KNOWING GOD.

Do you believe the Bible is God's inspired word?

Yes, and have said so numerous times on this forum.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’ve already covered “Love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls.” I guess the next step is to “Love your neighbor as yourself.” I look at the other commandments as defining these two.

There is some difference of opinion as to what constitutes a commandment. I would define the commandments as the ten mentioned in the Old Testament and the two great commandments Jesus gave us. Other statements in the Bible help define these twelve.

And then I would say, “Pray constantly.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17 RSV)

Jehovah gave us around 600 laws in the Law covenant Bob, call it what you will, but a violation of any one of those laws is what is called sin. Thankfully, we are no longer under any of those laws, as Jesus freed us from those laws, and fulfilled the covenant. He issued a new covenant, and Jehovah's people became Christians fully by the year 36 CE. Of course those two commandments Jesus listed summed up the Law given to us through Moses, and are very much a part of Christianity. The first one of course was the first of the 10 God gave us in a personal way.

Again, no matter what name one attaches to it, there are many rules and regulations for Christians as well, if one violates these rules, then just as equally as under the Law covenant, it is still a sin. Jesus said of those saved, they did the will of Jehovah, so it is imperative that we find out what His laws are, and be obedient to them. Remember those who love Him observe His commandments 1 Jn 5:3

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We come to TRUST God BY His Word.
His Word was expressly given us TO Hear.
His Word FORETELLS what will COME to PASS.
Men can Observe with their EYES what was FORETOLD would COME to PASS, WHEN it comes to pass....thus the TRUST is established.

TRUSTING GOD, precedes KNOWING GOD.

Yes, and have said so numerous times on this forum.

Trust comes with knowledge Taken, in fact I would say that in todays society we would virtually trust no one we just met. In a way you are correct however, because we will continue to learn about God for an eternity, but never come to full knowledge of Him Ecc 3:11. But we gain trust of Him, through that knowledge as we are learning. Joshua explained it rather well to some who were not trusting Him:(Joshua 23:14) . . .“Now look! I am about to die, and you well know with all your heart and with all your soul that not one word out of all the good promises that Jehovah your God has spoken to you has failed. They have all come true for you. Not one word of them has failed. . .
(Joshua 24:15) . . .Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”

Trust, increases or decreases with knowledge.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thank you Byrdie, was kinda surprised you didn't ask, but oh well. Have a great one as well sir.
ah well its just that maybe i am hearing you at odds, after your statement viz Matthew 24, and i might not be hearing you at all, so let’s hear it :)
Exactly Taken. Rom 1:20. Although we observe God in creation, or in other words by the things we see, I think the best way to come to know God is through His word the Bible. Do you believe the Bible is God's inspired word?
well, can you Quote “the Bible is God’s inspired Word?”
i suggest that there are pertinent reasons why you cant, for instance we read in English, so scribes are between us and the original…for one thing. I mean if the author wrote “when Jesus comes” and a scribe changes that to “when Jesus returns” are you still reading Yah’s “Word?”
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will ...
... For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will ... life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the ...

the top part is for reference, so im referring to the part underneath

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust comes with knowledge

I think it can swing both ways.
God gave Adam knowledge. He didn’t trust God.
Babies trust what they don’t like, mommy will fix, before they know she is their mommy, what food is, what wet pants are, what a fever is.

in fact I would say that in todays society we would virtually trust no one we just met.

I suppose that depends on what the Trust concerns.
Some people the more knowledge I have, the less I consider trusting them.
Whereas some strangers I would trust, more than people I know.

In a way you are correct however, because we will continue to learn about God for an eternity, but never come to full knowledge of Him Ecc 3:11. But we gain trust of Him, through that knowledge as we are learning.
I see a difference between trust of prophecy that has not come to pass and knowledge that is.

Joshua explained it rather well to some who were not trusting Him:(Joshua 23:14) . . .“Now look! I am about to die, and you well know with all your heart and with all your soul that not one word out of all the good promises that Jehovah your God has spoken to you has failed. They have all come true for you. Not one word of them has failed. . .
(Joshua 24:15) . . .Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”

Uh huh.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah gave us around 600 laws in the Law covenant Bob, call it what you will, but a violation of any one of those laws is what is called sin. Thankfully, we are no longer under any of those laws, as Jesus freed us from those laws, and fulfilled the covenant. He issued a new covenant, and Jehovah's people became Christians fully by the year 36 CE. Of course those two commandments Jesus listed summed up the Law given to us through Moses, and are very much a part of Christianity. The first one of course was the first of the 10 God gave us in a personal way.

Again, no matter what name one attaches to it, there are many rules and regulations for Christians as well, if one violates these rules, then just as equally as under the Law covenant, it is still a sin. Jesus said of those saved, they did the will of Jehovah, so it is imperative that we find out what His laws are, and be obedient to them. Remember those who love Him observe His commandments 1 Jn 5:3

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, I do not believe the ordinances, statutes, decrees, and testimonies are commandments. Here is what Jesus said about commandments:

17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which?” And Jesus said, “You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 19:17-19 RSV

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well its just that maybe i am hearing you at odds, after your statement viz Matthew 24, and i might not be hearing you at all, so let’s hear it :)

well, can you Quote “the Bible is God’s inspired Word?”
i suggest that there are pertinent reasons why you cant, for instance we read in English, so scribes are between us and the original…for one thing. I mean if the author wrote “when Jesus comes” and a scribe changes that to “when Jesus returns” are you still reading Yah’s “Word?”
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will ...
... For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will ... life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the ...

the top part is for reference, so im referring to the part underneath

OK, the day and hour will come on Wednesday +- 3 days ;). See if that proves true sir.

Jesus comes, Jesus returns is the same thing sir. English has many synonyms, perhaps what makes it one of the more difficult languages to learn and understand. I have found understanding of words to be a large problem, it is unbelievable how many people do not even know what simple words mean.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it can swing both ways.
God gave Adam knowledge. He didn’t trust God.
Babies trust what they don’t like, mommy will fix, before they know she is their mommy, what food is, what wet pants are, what a fever is.

I suppose that depends on what the Trust concerns.
Some people the more knowledge I have, the less I consider trusting them.
Whereas some strangers I would trust, more than people I know.

You see from your 2nd paragraph, real trust comes from knowledge. You may be like myself, I start off trusting people, until I am shown otherwise by them. My trust of course may be limited depending on the circumstances.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I do not believe the ordinances, statutes, decrees, and testimonies are commandments. Here is what Jesus said about commandments:

17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which?” And Jesus said, “You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 19:17-19 RSV

Make no mistake Bob, those are still commandments for Christians. If you choose to violate those, you have chose to sin sir. I know you know this.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see from your 2nd paragraph, real trust comes from knowledge. You may be like myself, I start off trusting people, until I am shown otherwise by them. My trust of course may be limited depending on the circumstances.

Agree circumstances play a vital role.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
OK, the day and hour will come on Wednesday +- 3 days ;). See if that proves true sir.

Jesus comes, Jesus returns is the same thing sir. English has many synonyms, perhaps what makes it one of the more difficult languages to learn and understand. I have found understanding of words to be a large problem, it is unbelievable how many people do not even know what simple words mean.
ok tks, gotcha
another great example of meat imo

Last edited: