God does have friends according to the Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok tks, gotcha
another great example of meat imo

I giggled when I first heard it, wish I would have come up with it myself, but cannot take the credit. But no doubt I am sure it will prove true, heck I am still waiting to see if it does ;)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe so. When was the last time you sacrificed a bull and a dove?

That was not among the commandments you stated that I commented on in your last post, why did you choose to include that now? Everything in your last post is still a requirement for Christians sir.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not among the commandments you stated that I commented on in your last post, why did you choose to include that now? Everything in your last post is still a requirement for Christians sir.
Yes, but I wasn't the one saying everything in the Bible is a commandment.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, about tomorrow…i dont give much thought tbh
so, best of luck to you!

That is interesting Byrd, I don't look at the things behind much, but have always been fascinated about the future, and the Bible gives us insight into it. The beautiful word picture about the future, is our hope. Probably why the Bible tells us to keep our eyes fixed on the prize, and running the race with endurance, as we realize our blessings are yet future.
(Philippians 3:13, 14) . . .Brothers, I do not yet consider myself as having taken hold of it; but one thing is certain: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, 14 I am pressing on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus. . .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nor did I Bob, and frankly have not seen anyone here say that either, so where did that come from?
Someone here said to the effect that we had to do everything God said in the Bible. But if you believe the entire Bible is the Word of God, I guess that's what you believe.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make no mistake Bob, those are still commandments for Christians. If you choose to violate those, you have chose to sin sir. I know you know this.

nor did I Bob, and frankly have not seen anyone here say that either, so where did that come from?
It was you who said it in post #58. I had said I didn't believe the statutues, ordinances, decrees and testimonies were commandments, and you said, "Make no mistake Bob, those are still commandments for Christians. If you choose to violate those, you have chose to sin sir. I know you know this."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is interesting Byrd, I don't look at the things behind much, but have always been fascinated about the future, and the Bible gives us insight into it. The beautiful word picture about the future, is our hope. Probably why the Bible tells us to keep our eyes fixed on the prize, and running the race with endurance, as we realize our blessings are yet future.
(Philippians 3:13, 14) . . .Brothers, I do not yet consider myself as having taken hold of it; but one thing is certain: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, 14 I am pressing on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus. . .
ok you know there’s another v says the opposite basically right
there’s always another one

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone here said to the effect that we had to do everything God said in the Bible. But if you believe the entire Bible is the Word of God, I guess that's what you believe.

It wasn't me sir, and I cannot envision anyone thinking that. As you stated some things are actually impossible, as there is no temple.

But I have stated very clearly that there are rules and regulations (laws) for Christians. One is Heb 10:25, 25 with the term forsake, that indicates it is a requirement, commandment if you will.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was you who said it in post #58. I had said I didn't believe the statutues, ordinances, decrees and testimonies were commandments, and you said, "Make no mistake Bob, those are still commandments for Christians. If you choose to violate those, you have chose to sin sir. I know you know this."

Yes sir, and every one of those you listed are still requirements for Christians, do you see any you believe is not?
Here is what you listed sir: 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which?” And Jesus said, “You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 19:17-19 RSV

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, and every one of those you listed are still requirements for Christians, do you see any you believe is not?
Here is what you listed sir: 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which?” And Jesus said, “You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 19:17-19 RSV
I don't think we are required to sacrifice bulls and doves, nor make regular grain offerings and the like. I think those requirements were for the Jews, and not commandments.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok you know there’s another v says the opposite basically right
there’s always another one

If there are 2 versions that contradict, then obviously if you care about God, research will have to be done to determine what is supposed to be there. I am certainly willing to assist Byrd, if you give an example.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If there are 2 versions that contradict, then obviously if you care about God, research will have to be done to determine what is supposed to be there. I am certainly willing to assist Byrd, if you give an example.
ok, tks :)

dint mean to say they contradicted tho

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we are required to sacrifice bulls and doves, nor make regular grain offerings and the like. I think those requirements were for the Jews, and not commandments.

Nor did you list them there. What do you see as being different of the word commandment, and requirement sir?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor did you list them there. What do you see as being different of the word commandment, and requirement sir?
I don't know that I understand the question. I've even forgotten what we are talking about. I believe there are a few simple commandments we need to follow to stay out of trouble, and if we stay out of trouble, we have peace (Matthew 4:17).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, tks :)

dint mean to say they contradicted tho

Perhaps not Byrd, but some versions do, so when they do, those who love God will prove it to themselves what is really being taught. Jesus said seek and ye shall find, God's truth is out there, but like Jesus' illustration of the pearl of high value, we are expected to work hard to find the answers, and we are assured that if we do, will will find them.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that I understand the question. I've even forgotten what we are talking about. I believe there are a few simple commandments we need to follow to stay out of trouble, and if we stay out of trouble, we have peace (Matthew 4:17).

It is difficult to keep up with the conversation here, as there are many posts between. I had a lot of trouble until someone showed me how to track back. Beside your handle in the quoted post, almost invisibly you will see an arrow up, if you click on that it will take you back to the last post, and will continue to do so until the initial starting point. Then when you get to the one you wanted, if it took you two times, then hit the arrow back on your browser the same number of times and it will bring you back to where you are at. Hope that helps sir.

Yes initially we were talking about commandments for Christians. There are quite a few, but like you said simple, or not burdensome as we see at 1 Jn 5:3. But nonetheless they are requirements for us, and therefore imperative that we learn what God requires of us. All of us grow Bob, eventually we will actually grow to perfection, but that is quite a while off, but those of us who love God, will do our utmost to learn all we can about Him.

Is it beneficial to do so? Review 2 Thes 1:6-9, and I believe you will say yes, it is very beneficial.