God does have friends according to the Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As far as taking care of others, we don't have to worry about it. Jesus puts our mind to ease in Mat 6 showing that God guarantees that He will provide for His people sir v33. Like the Psalmist said, I have found this to be very true. Ps 37:25. Do you know of any Christian on the face of the earth that does not have their needs, as I am unaware of any sir.

The understanding of a Goat leader's ignorance.

Isaiah 58 gives an indication of the heart of God for all people to follow and what you have just posted goes again the requirements of this chapter. In fact the parable of the Judgement of the peoples of the earth is all about how well the people complied with all of this chapter. God does not need a people who wear sack cloth and ashes who fast in prayer for their salvation. Rather He wants people to be blessing those around them who are in need.

How are "Gentile" people to know the heart of God if His Saints do not show them God's heart in them such that they also desire to have God's heart within them.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand why you would think that Jesus isn't God. The scriptures must be read as they are written, however. The bible records that Yahweh was the friend of Moses...not some angel. Would you have God be an angel. When there is an angel of the Lord the bible says that. When a person says...God visited me...it says that. Never are the two confused but in the mind of a reader who is careless in his/her reading.

Also..Jehovah is not the right way to translate the Hebrew word for the Lord. When the Jews put in the vowel markers under the name they did it to sound out "Adonai". The mistake English speakers made was in thinking that the vowel markers actually corresponded to the letters so that they sounded out...Je-ho-vah. And the Jews are not going to correct obvious errors of people who know that Gentiles don't have a clue regarding the Torah.

So we express our ignorance in this way. But if we want to be a light to the Jews....we have a LOOOONG way to go.

Anyhoo...Jesus Christ IS God. He IS Yahweh. He is the Lord God of Israel.

I could show you much more on this but you need to get the basics down first.

For others who are interested in understanding how YAHWEH is used in the Bible
יהוה there are the passages in Deut, that show how Jesus was given Israel as His inheritance from His Father.

Deut. 32:8 "When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.(DSS records the sons of God)

9 For the Lord's (Jesus) portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance."

The Most High (Elyon) is the Father. The Lord (Yahweh) who is Jesus received Israel as His inheritance. The Father gives His Son rulership over Israel. Do you understand how Jesus is the king of the Jews? The devil was mocking the elevated status of Jesus by making him an earthly king rather than an eternal one.

Jesus is and always was the Lord. The Father has always been the Lord Most High.

We do not think God to be an angel sir, however, in line with other passages, we do not believe that Jehovah interacted personally with humans.

I do not disagree with translators, every single translator that used the Divine Name in their English versions chose Jehovah. Being that the translators of the King James Version of the Bible was so dead set on replacing God’s name with LORD, I do not believe that they overlooked it 4 times, rather I believe God protected it. Why? Because only those who call upon His name will be saved Rom 10:13. Note as well, when the NWT came out, and others which used His name, His name became readily available, God did allow some versions to remove His name, although I know of none that does not include the shortened form Jah.

Jesus is King over Israel today, and soon Israel will become his bride.

You chose a version of the Bible which selected to change YHWH to Adonai resulting in your misunderstanding of whom the passage in Deut was speaking about sir: (Deuteronomy 32:9-10) 9 For Jehovah’s share is his people; Jacob is the allotment that he inherits. 10 He came to find him in a wilderness land,. . .

Although both Jesus and Jehovah have the title Lord, so do others in the Bible. In fact there are many gods and lords but to us Christians: (1 Corinthians 8:5-6) . . .as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.
Yes sir, One God, the Father who personally selected His name YHWH and had it recorded for us in His inspired word, and those who chose to include it in their English translations render it Jehovah every time, and in my opinion they did so correctly, and God accepts it.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 58 gives an indication of the heart of God for all people to follow and what you have just posted goes again the requirements of this chapter. In fact the parable of the Judgement of the peoples of the earth is all about how well the people complied with all of this chapter. God does not need a people who wear sack cloth and ashes who fast in prayer for their salvation. Rather He wants people to be blessing those around them who are in need.

How are "Gentile" people to know the heart of God if His Saints do not show them God's heart in them such that they also desire to have God's heart within them.

Simple sir, but doing their assignment Mat 28:19,20. Do you feel that that Jesus' disciples are failing in their assignment? We can go over some of the stats if you like Jay.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simple sir, but doing their assignment Mat 28:19,20. Do you feel that that Jesus' disciples are failing in their assignment? We can go over some of the stats if you like Jay.

No, we do not have to go over the stats to know that the Leading Goats in the leadership of many people do not understand the ciircumstances that we are finding ourselves in at this present time. They do not understand that the first verse quoted below is actually happening at this present time and have not asked the question of why is it happening?

2 Chron 7:13-14: - 13 When I, {God}, shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land/the earth {of my everlasting Kingdom}.​

We do not have to see the statistics to understand that the "Churchified" people believe that they are so righteous that they have no need to repent of their sins of turning away from God and acting God like in their actions. The evidence is in the God like actions being taken to overcome the Climate Change because of the lack of consistent rains. The evidence that the Locusts, i.e. the people in "power/influence," are being allowed by God to consume all of the goodness of the land. That all the nations are acting God like to overcome the pestilence that God has allowed to sweep across the globe.

Why is this so? Because the people who claim to be called by God's Name have sinned against God and will not repent.

God has given/told us in the "Church" the signs in the world events happening at this present time so that we would know that we are no longer considered by God to be called by His Name because we blame everybody else for the problem faced by the world instead of taking responsibility for our, the "Church" turning away from God.

We have become a people who dwell upon the "We should've people" and wonder why the prescriptive actions that the Goat Leadership tell us to make are not working when all it takes is for us to take some humble carpet time to honestly repent of our sins that God will take notice of and respond too, such that He will consider to heal the earth in which we can live.

The Church of today has become filled with a stiff necked people who are so arrogant that they do not see the sins that they are doing and repeating and as such have a need to repent of.

This all start with me and you setting the example of repenting before the people for our own indiviual sins. This is not a "shoulda" do this or a "shoulda" do that, it is a call to become humble and see that we have sinned and that we need to repent.

Robert, your posts suggests that you are a "shoulda" sort of person who knows what is required to get into heaven, but have not also understood the heart that is required within each of us that will be judged as being righteous at the time of the Judgement.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does however expect things from His friends as we do as well. He expects us to try to do things that He views as good, and to avoid things that He considers bad. But in order to be His friend, we need to know what things He thinks are good and bad.
Yes. The Lord gave us commandments to obey so that we'd avoid pitfalls, so we need to learn what the commandments are. Confusion arises when people claim everything God said was a commandment.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we do not have to go over the stats to know that the Leading Goats in the leadership of many people do not understand the ciircumstances that we are finding ourselves in at this present time. They do not understand that the first verse quoted below is actually happening at this present time and have not asked the question of why is it happening?

2 Chron 7:13-14: - 13 When I, {God}, shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land/the earth {of my everlasting Kingdom}.​

We do not have to see the statistics to understand that the "Churchified" people believe that they are so righteous that they have no need to repent of their sins of turning away from God and acting God like in their actions. The evidence is in the God like actions being taken to overcome the Climate Change because of the lack of consistent rains. The evidence that the Locusts, i.e. the people in "power/influence," are being allowed by God to consume all of the goodness of the land. That all the nations are acting God like to overcome the pestilence that God has allowed to sweep across the globe.

Why is this so? Because the people who claim to be called by God's Name have sinned against God and will not repent.

God has given/told us in the "Church" the signs in the world events happening at this present time so that we would know that we are no longer considered by God to be called by His Name because we blame everybody else for the problem faced by the world instead of taking responsibility for our, the "Church" turning away from God.

We have become a people who dwell upon the "We should've people" and wonder why the prescriptive actions that the Goat Leadership tell us to make are not working when all it takes is for us to take some humble carpet time to honestly repent of our sins that God will take notice of and respond too, such that He will consider to heal the earth in which we can live.

The Church of today has become filled with a stiff necked people who are so arrogant that they do not see the sins that they are doing and repeating and as such have a need to repent of.

This all start with me and you setting the example of repenting before the people for our own indiviual sins. This is not a "shoulda" do this or a "shoulda" do that, it is a call to become humble and see that we have sinned and that we need to repent.

Robert, your posts suggests that you are a "shoulda" sort of person who knows what is required to get into heaven, but have not also understood the heart that is required within each of us that will be judged as being righteous at the time of the Judgement.

Great! Without actually going over the stats, I can assure you we are very close to fulfilling Mat 24:14

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The Lord gave us commandments to obey so that we'd avoid pitfalls, so we need to learn what the commandments are. Confusion arises when people claim everything God said was a commandment.
Yes sir, if someone were to ask, what would you say the most important commandment for Christians is?

Reactions: Bob Estey

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
He does however expect things from His friends as we do as well. He expects us to try to do things that He views as good, and to avoid things that He considers bad. But in order to be His friend, we need to know what things He thinks are good and bad.
not sure if im following you, but if this is about the Qur’an Surah, that might be reflected in our Bible v There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Great! Without actually going over the stats, I can assure you we are very close to fulfilling Mat 24:14
ha, well give us a date then eh, since i guess thats the best way to demonstrate the error here
if there is any i mean

“Soon and very soon” is a hideous corruption of Scripture imo
not that im blaming you or anything

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not God the Father. Jesus has friends. And the Lord God of Israel (Jesus) had Moses for a friend. Not so the Most High.

Notice that Moses spoke to Yahweh (Jesus) face to face....but could only see the Most High (Yahweh Elyon) from behind.

Ex. 33:11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Later in the same chapter we see another Lord....the Father...NOT allowing Moses to see His face.

Ex. 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Both the Lord of Israel (Jesus) and the Lord Most High (the Father) are in chapter 33 of Exodus. They are clearly delineated although the name is the same. The family name of God is Yahweh. Father and Son. Because of this most people get confused over who is being referred to.

Now, this I CAN understand, thanks for clarifying! I have a JW working in my house laying floor tile. He does not Proselytize while working, but we have had a couple convos.
He is actually like an assistant pastor in his K.H. and what a wonderful and way fair worker he is. I love the guy! But, a JW I am not.

Ex.33:11 "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."

Ex. 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Reactions: Episkopos and Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agreed Jay,
We are to help any and all who are in need. Not just our brothers and sister but ALL. As you say, how will they know the love of God unless they see it in action.
Yes, we especially should make sure our
brethren are taken care of first but, the church is to show His light and love.
Good post brother.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not God the Father. Jesus has friends. And the Lord God of Israel (Jesus) had Moses for a friend. Not so the Most High.

Spot on!

A man with Jesus IS Jesus’ Friend.
A man with God IS Gods’ Inheritance.

Glory to God,
Taken

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Isaiah 58 came to me as a personal prophecy just a year or two after I was saved, in 1976. It was the first passage of scripture I memorized. I used calligraphy to write it out, and pin it to my wall. I still have that original today. Albeit somewhat the worse for wear.
Then, in 1997 when I was studying the scriptures in order to ascertain the significance of the Sabbath for the NT Christian, God clearly spoke to me, saying, "Brendan, read Isaiah 58 again... To the end". To this day I cannot comprehend how I missed that for 20 years. Some things, even when written in black and white, still have to come by revelation.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus @bbyrd009
I do recognize where you are coming from. Jesus offers us abundant life now, today, through the power of a life changing gospel. And that life is becoming more and more needful as the planet degenerates into an increasingly perplexing and evil moral wasteland.
Yet that same life changing gospel is also a prophetic gospel, an everlasting gospel, that compels people to repent today, immediately, because time is short. This life... This world... Is coming to a furiously rapid end, and this human race is on a short notice. The events that are overtaking the world are rapidly coming to a climax of ideological, political, and occult global disaster which will result in the deaths of millions and the close of human probation. Those in Christ remaining alive at Christ's soon coming will witness a resurrection of all the righteous from all ages. This coming of Christ is a cosmic event that will surpass the flood in magnitude and has been the focal point of all prophecy since creation. To claim He has already come and not to be focusing on the future is to deny scripture.
You are still talking mostly about dead people. All of us have been there. Most of those around us still are.

The world for them, those dead people, is their own little world of temptation led by the old man for they have never received a new man. They have never received or acknowledged the Life which Jesus brought as a possibility for everyone.

It may indeed be a part of our function, or our job, to warn dead people that they are running out of time, but it is still not to be our first thing:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

And/or...

"I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent." Rev 2:2-5

We need to get those first things first and then, if we are able, and we are directly otherwise by God, we are to remind others to remember, or as new knowledge to receive... that is, Life to obtain.

Remember the second part of Matthew 6:33...

"...and all these things shall be added unto you." All of these things shall be added if we kept the first things first!

KJV Revelation 14:6-20
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people...
Angels or messengers, we, you and I, already in heaven, here and now, sharing the Word we have received or are receiving from God with those who never had Life or with those gone astray so that they now dwell in the ways of the flesh, the carnal places [earth = this little dab of now corrupted (dead to God) dirt].
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them...

This planet came with a time stamp and a used by date.
The Sabbath marked it's beginning, the desecration and trampling of the Sabbath is marking it's end.
Time stamp on the planet or on each the little dab of earth called a person? At the first they were living souls... until they all died!

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:17

And then did the woman and her husband partook of death:

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." Gen 3:6

Yes, they had children, but were not those children born to dead people also dead to God until Jesus opened the Way to Life?

A glimmer of hope was given or remained to each dead person, Hope, which could be fulfilled, only in the Life which Jesus brought during the time allotted by God to each of the walking dead men.

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:" Rev 10:5-6

When does time end for a carnal man, who has never received the Life which Jesus brought?

"Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?" Job 7:1

What happens to planet Earth, or to all the people who never received to retain what Jesus brought, makes what difference to us? Ultimately if we are still keeping what God considers first things as first things for us and we were born again or from above, would we not still have Life, real Life, as God accounts Life?

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works for salvation?
"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?" James 2:14

No, the faith without works cannot save him, but the works must come from where?

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" James 2:18-20

No man can do the necessary works in and of himself. Jesus clarified the situation here:

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27

Who or what must be in us doing that required work, the work that no carnal man can do?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col. 1:27

And...

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do not think God to be an angel sir, however, in line with other passages, we do not believe that Jehovah interacted personally with humans.

Men can not see God.
God sends Himself to men, in the likeness of things men can comprehend,
Which maintains men can not see God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agreed Jay,
We are to help any and all who are in need. Not just our brothers and sister but ALL. As you say, how will they know the love of God unless they see it in action.

Yes, we especially should make sure our brethren are taken care of first but, the church is to show His light and love.

Good post brother.

Where does it say that we should take care of our brethren first in Isa 58?

Isaiah 58:6-12: -

6 "Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'

"If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
12 Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations/two ages;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.

In the above passage, there are two parts, the first is to take care of the afflicted around us, and the second is speaking of the restoration of the nation of Israel itself.

The first five verses in this chapter is all about the needs of Israel to be restored. It is a "give me, Give me," passage, where as the verses 6-12 quoted above is take your eyes off of your needs and lift the burden off of the people who live around you, then I will see the change in your heart, and will hear your call and I will draw you to Myself once again.

What is the breach that God speaks of that is restored? The visitation of the iniquities of the fathers because of their continual idolatrous worship during the first two ages of their existence from the time of the birth of Isaac, upon their children and the children's children during the next two ages when God cause all of Israel to be scatted throughout all of the world, among all of the nations of the world where they were themselves oppressed.

The Gentile Church is to love all of the people who live around them as Commanded by Jesus in that, We are to love the Lord God with all of our heart and to love our neighbour as ourselves.

We the Saints of God are not to "save" our lives by doing prescriptive things so that we can get into heaven, because as Jesus said,

Matthew 16:24-28: - Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
(Mark 8:34-38; Luke 9:23-26)

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste {the second} death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah 58 came to me as a personal prophecy just a year or two after I was saved, in 1976. It was the first passage of scripture I memorized. I used calligraphy to write it out, and pin it to my wall. I still have that original today. Albeit somewhat the worse for wear.
Then, in 1997 when I was studying the scriptures in order to ascertain the significance of the Sabbath for the NT Christian, God clearly spoke to me, saying, "Brendan, read Isaiah 58 again... To the end". To this day I cannot comprehend how I missed that for 20 years. Some things, even when written in black and white, still have to come by revelation.

Yes this end of chapter 58 of the book of Isaiah does pack a punch in it and it is just as applicable to the Gentile Church as it is to the Nation of Israel when it is restored.

Isaiah 58:13-14: -

13 "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing/and do your pleasure on My holy day {of the Lord},
And call/Instead of calling the Sabbath a delight,

The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing/going your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.
"​

We are both, the Gentile Church and Israel, are to keep the Seventh Age as a period of resting solely in the Lord.

Shalom

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say that we should take care of our brethren first in Isa 58?

Isaiah 58:6-12: -

6 "Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'
"If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
12 Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations/two ages;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.

In the above passage, there are two parts, the first is to take care of the afflicted around us, and the second is speaking of the restoration of the nation of Israel itself.

The first five verses in this chapter is all about the needs of Israel to be restored. It is a "give me, Give me," passage, where as the verses 6-12 quoted above is take your eyes off of your needs and lift the burden off of the people who live around you, then I will see the change in your heart, and will hear your call and I will draw you to Myself once again.

What is the breach that God speaks of that is restored? The visitation of the iniquities of the fathers because of their continual idolatrous worship during the first two ages of their existence from the time of the birth of Isaac, upon their children and the children's children during the next two ages when God cause all of Israel to be scatted throughout all of the world, among all of the nations of the world where they were themselves oppressed.

The Gentile Church is to love all of the people who live around them as Commanded by Jesus in that, We are to love the Lord God with all of our heart and to love our neighbour as ourselves.

We the Saints of God are not to "save" our lives by doing prescriptive things so that we can get into heaven, because as Jesus said,

Matthew 16:24-28: - Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
(Mark 8:34-38; Luke 9:23-26)
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste {the second} death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Shalom

"Where does it say that we should take care of our brethren first"

Galatians 6:10
"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

Reactions: Lambano