God does not have a timeline.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You realize, it's a two edged sword . . .
I Most certainly do, and respect the Word of God as such. Do you understand that walking in the Spirit takes a lifetime to fully comprehend for a believer?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I show you your understanding of God's timing is errant, will you consider it?
I consider everything. I'm well aware of your timing ideas. And the Bible speaks differently. If you want to discuss this, prove to me that you can do that without making it personal as you so frequently have done. I'm not into that, it's not beneficial, it's not good for you!

Show me something different, and lets go exploring together!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Most certainly do, and respect the Word of God as such. Do you understand that walking in the Spirit takes a lifetime to fully comprehend for a believer?
Fully comprehend? Maybe more than a lifetime . . .

I'm not seeing that respect myself, not what you use verses like you do in you personal campaigns. Like I said . . . show me something different then diverting to negative speech about others.

Much love!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are missing is that 50 percent of the Church is not going to make the Rapture, which is indeed a Pre Trib Rapture. Out of the 10 Virgins (2 billion?) only 1 billion or so in Christendom is going to make it as a "real Christian with the Holy Spirit living in them".

So, who are these fake Christians? Well, they are everywhere. Mormons, the SDA, others and of course many will be people like Nancy Pelosi and Biden who are not true Christians, they love abortion, homosexuality, and think the Church can absolve their sins, it is just not the case. I love my RCC brothers and sisters just like my other brothers and sisters, but more of them will not have the Holy Spirit because they actually think Church leaders can absolve their sins.

They will be surprised very soon. As will the Mormons and SDA zealots. But many RCC members will be real Christians also, maybe its only 35 percent, whilst the rest are a smidge higher percent, save the Mormons which may be almost zero percent. (Romney, you listening?) God knows who He knows. REMEMBER, Jesus said MANY he will tell, "Depart from me for I never knew you"
I’d encourage you to not judge people by labels on pews and instead ALL to continue coming closer to Christ.

Reactions: marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the word the Disciples used according to Matt. 24:4 is the Greek word "aion" which means age, so the end of the age. We have three ages, Adam to Noah, Noah to Jesus and Jesus death to his Second Coming is the Church Age. The world doesn't "end here" and of course Jesus knew there would be one more "age to come". The Kingdom Age. So, in essence it just means the end of the current age, not the end of time in general, but the time of the age. It is not about death, its about Jesus taking over, the Church age switches to the Kingdom Age, actually the Church is already in Heaven by the 70th week, but there will be a Remnant Church (Rev. 12:17) on earth during the 70th week.

Understanding the word means AGE changes the whole concept, basically you must start over brother. Its very important for us to dig out the true meaning of these root words.
Thanks, but I was not looking for insight, but giving it: Christ is the End his disciples asked about.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You realize, it's a two edged sword . . .

Much love!
In my opinion a sword you haven't found in truthful representation, Jesus Is The Lord

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fully comprehend? Maybe more than a lifetime . . .

I'm not seeing that respect myself, not what you use verses like you do in you personal campaigns. Like I said . . . show me something different then diverting to negative speech about others.
you need to stop perceiving that someone who disagrees with you is engaging in 'negative speech' because they show your viewpoint is flawed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you need to stop perceiving that someone who disagrees with you is engaging in 'negative speech' because they show your viewpoint is flawed.
It's your personally directed comments that I'm referring to.

OK, it's enough again.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Converts would not understand how to operate in the Spirit at first, it would have to be a learned instruction, and obedience is a must to operate in the Spirit.
This is a really important point to make, and to be received.

Hebrews 5:14 KJV
14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

"Who by reason of use", not "Mis-use". When you misuse the Bible, when you insist on your own wordings that are not the Biblical wording, this shows that one is not actually subjected to the text.

It's the person who says, "It says THIS but it means THAT", this person will not know the real meaning of the Scriptures, having chosen their own ideas instead.

We begin with the basics, and if we will receive the simple things, God will draw us further and further into His true doctrines. We will know they are His when these are the very words we read in His Word.

Yes, I agree, obedience is a must. Submission to God is essential. And the commitment to not add nor remove from His Word, that is our part. To read it, and heed it.

God was not confused when He gave His Word. He told us exactly what He intended to.

Maybe the thought I connected with in your post there was this, that if we start off with the notion that we are going to adhere to the Word itself, we'll more tend to stay on course. But once we get the idea that we can start substuting meanings of words, and ignore the details in passages, the distinctions, we will end up with our own ideas, calling them God's ideas, but not to be found in the text, only in one's imaginations. Not good!

Much love!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT did not come from the RCC. It was written by many NT Christians before the RCC arose.
And WHO told you that it was the truth?
The CATHOLIC CHURCH did when it declared the Canon (list of Books) of Scripture that YOU call your “SOLE Authority”. It was also the Catholic Church that added Chapter and Verse in the Middle Ages.

PRIOR to this – there were MANY books that were considered to be “Scripture” and read from pulpits for 300 years. These Books were NOT included in the Canon declared by the Church in 383. Among these were:

- The Shepherd of Hermass
- The Gospel of Peter
- The Protoevangelium of James
- Apocalypse of Peter
- The Epistles of Barnabas,
and so on . . .

Sooooo – why don’t you consider THOSE books to be Scripture?
HOW
can you guys follow a text decided declared by ANY entity that is “Pure Evil” as your SOLE Authority??

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you are missing is that 50 percent of the Church is not going to make the Rapture, which is indeed a Pre Trib Rapture. Out of the 10 Virgins (2 billion?) only 1 billion or so in Christendom is going to make it as a "real Christian with the Holy Spirit living in them".
First, the rapture theory was invented by John Darby in the 18th century. Jesus will return once, not 1 1/2 times.
Second, your "infallible" claim of how many is saved and how many is not reeks of Calvinism.
So, who are these fake Christians? Well, they are everywhere. Mormons, the SDA, others and of course many will be people like Nancy Pelosi and Biden who are not true Christians, they love abortion, homosexuality, and think the Church can absolve their sins, it is just not the case. I love my RCC brothers and sisters just like my other brothers and sisters, but more of them will not have the Holy Spirit because they actually think Church leaders can absolve their sins.
Without repentance and an expressed desire to sin no more, absolution is meaningless. You have no clue what absolution means. You say you love Catholic brothers and sisters while bashing us with misrepresentations and lies. That's called hypocrisy. Fortunately for you, we don't hold invincible ignorance against you.
1671231570032.png
Pelosi waiting in line to receive Communion is akin to a murderer waiting in line to pay his respects to his victim at a Catholic wake. The analogy is poignant in more ways than one.
They will be surprised very soon. As will the Mormons and SDA zealots. But many RCC members will be real Christians also, maybe its only 35 percent, whilst the rest are a smidge higher percent, save the Mormons which may be almost zero percent. (Romney, you listening?) God knows who He knows. REMEMBER, Jesus said MANY he will tell, "Depart from me for I never knew you"
We leave judgement up to God, you have taken judgement of others unto yourself. 37 years of bondage to self. St's Peter and Paul were set free. I know you want to be a good preacher so it would be a good idea to examine the similarities you share with those 2 great pillars. Have a look at post #206 in this thread and maybe you will understand what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't just assume and minimize, you end up having a conversation with yourself.

Much love!
I'm not the one making assumptions. I mentioned facts, and I get tired of hearing folks lie to themselves about those facts just so they can keep their comfy doctrines from men.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the thought I connected with in your post there was this, that if we start off with the notion that we are going to adhere to the Word itself, we'll more tend to stay on course. But once we get the idea that we can start substuting meanings of words, and ignore the details in passages, the distinctions, we will end up with our own ideas, calling them God's ideas, but not to be found in the text, only in one's imaginations. Not good!
Textualism again. Let's put it this way.... we worship the living Word of God not a book. That living word of God Speaks to His sheep, they hear his voice and know it and listen. The Book is what is what is our guide to know whether the Spirit is from God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PRIOR to this – there were MANY books that were considered to be “Scripture” and read from pulpits for 300 years. These Books were NOT included in the Canon declared by the Church in 383. Among these were:

- The Shepherd of Hermass
- The Gospel of Peter
- The Protoevangelium of James
- Apocalypse of Peter
- The Epistles of Barnabas,
and so on . . .

Sooooo – why don’t you consider THOSE books to be Scripture?
HOW
can you guys follow a text decided declared by ANY entity that is “Pure Evil” as your SOLE Authority??
Those books mentioned all come from the "Heretical" Alexandrian school, the same place the Arian heresy came from, they were not admitted to the Cannon of scripture for good reason, Origen and Arius from Alexandria were "Heretics"

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d encourage you to not judge people by labels on pews and instead ALL to continue coming closer to Christ.
Well, maybe you need to study harder and find out what they are teaching. The Mormons believe we are all gods did you know that? And the Jesus is just one of those gods. The SDA believe we must still work our way to heaven by keeping God's laws. Could there be some who go to those Churches who are real Christians but who don't believe in their beliefs? Maybe, but that is highly doubtful, why go to a church you disagree with?

The biggest problem with our church today is instead of overcoming darkness like the early church did by calking out darkness and evil, we welcome homosexuals to come and we (not me but others) celebrate their life styles. We refuse to call evil out as evil, that is why Molech has returned (sacrifice of babies). I will never allow it to stand, I say openly anyone who advocates for abortion or homosexuality will not make it to heaven without repenting. The bible doesn't tell us DON'T JUDGE anyway, that is another misconception Satan has put out in the arena.

Jesus said Judge not that you be not judge, then say FOR WITH WHAT JUDGEMENT YE JUDGE it will be measured unto, you. The whole taking the plank out of ones eyes is accreting Jesus and turning from darkness. now we can see to take the bord out of our brothers eyes. I want to be Judged because I am in Christ and thus God will see my faith in Jesus and his blood. Now go read Paul over and over and watch how he judges time and again. Oh foolish Galatians who has bewitched you !!

As a preacher of 37 years, called unto Prophecy, I have pretty deep insights to what is going on in the word sister. When you accept an inch of darkness, they will bust the door down and come in in heaps. God told Israel to kill every man, woman and child when they conquered cities in Canaan land, instead they let some live, these same people brought their evil gods unto Israelites and thus they started serving false god, and God refused to give Israel their full promised land. Their real promised land should have been from the Euphrates Rive all the way to a River in Egypt. But they disobeyed God.

I do not accept people who love evil as being of God. Only 50 percent of the Church will make the Rapture, Jesus stated he will have to tell many people, depart from me for I never knew you. So, tell me sister, when is the right time to tell these people they are ni6t of God? Now, or once they are headed to hell, many thinking they were of Gid !! ANYONE who even advocates for homosexual rights and Abortion right CAN NOT ENTER HEAVEN, and no man can give you that salvation. PERIOD.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, but I was not looking for insight, but giving it: Christ is the End his disciples asked about.
WRONG.........The End is the End of the Age, study the actual word there brother. I have been doing this 37 years, I am pretty hip.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, maybe you need to study harder and find out what they are teaching. The Mormons believe we are all gods did you know that? And the Jesus is just one of those gods. The SDA believe we must still work our way to heaven by keeping God's laws. Could there be some who go to those Churches who are real Christians but who don't believe in their beliefs? Maybe, but that is highly doubtful, why go to a church you disagree with?

The biggest problem with our church today is instead of overcoming darkness like the early church did by calking out darkness and evil, we welcome homosexuals to come and we (not me but others) celebrate their life styles. We refuse to call evil out as evil, that is why Molech has returned (sacrifice of babies). I will never allow it to stand, I say openly anyone who advocates for abortion or homosexuality will not make it to heaven without repenting. The bible doesn't tell us DON'T JUDGE anyway, that is another misconception Satan has put out in the arena.

Jesus said Judge not that you be not judge, then say FOR WITH WHAT JUDGEMENT YE JUDGE it will be measured unto, you. The whole taking the plank out of ones eyes is accreting Jesus and turning from darkness. now we can see to take the bord out of our brothers eyes. I want to be Judged because I am in Christ and thus God will see my faith in Jesus and his blood. Now go read Paul over and over and watch how he judges time and again. Oh foolish Galatians who has bewitched you !!

As a preacher of 37 years, called unto Prophecy, I have pretty deep insights to what is going on in the word sister. When you accept an inch of darkness, they will bust the door down and come in in heaps. God told Israel to kill every man, woman and child when they conquered cities in Canaan land, instead they let some live, these same people brought their evil gods unto Israelites and thus they started serving false god, and God refused to give Israel their full promised land. Their real promised land should have been from the Euphrates Rive all the way to a River in Egypt. But they disobeyed God.

I do not accept people who love evil as being of God. Only 50 percent of the Church will make the Rapture, Jesus stated he will have to tell many people, depart from me for I never knew you. So, tell me sister, when is the right time to tell these people they are ni6t of God? Now, or once they are headed to hell, many thinking they were of Gid !! ANYONE who even advocates for homosexual rights and Abortion right CAN NOT ENTER HEAVEN, and no man can give you that salvation. PERIOD.
These are all thoughts & options brother. God wouldn’t even know the things you speak of.