God does not have a timeline.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you guys keep perpetuating this falsehood?

It’s like watching the Left Wing news media ignore the facts about Hunter Biden’s laptop and creating their OWN narrative.

First of all –
Luther’s biggest gripes were Doctrine like Indulgences - not the inability for the general public to own or read a Bible. Bibles were hard to come by in Early to Mid -Church period. They were expensive because they were hand-copied and took YEARS to complete. So, only RICH people could afford to pay someone to do this – and they were usually translated or copied with HUGE errors because they weren’t qualified linguists.
Well, we know all of this, even though I stated it badly, the meaning is the same, there were few bibles and lots of illiteracy, and instead of teaching what the bible actually stated, the RCC like the Jewish leaders via the Old Testament, had their own "Man Made Traditions" which they taught. The point doesn't change, they refused to teach the masses what God was really saying, and taught the Masses what they believed. That should be apparent as per to what the point was, its the same thing. So, do you think the RCC has the power to absolve sins? LOL

Martin Luther objected not only to the church's greed but to the very idea of indulgences. He did not believe the Catholic Church had the power to pardon people sins. Rather, Luther thought that salvation could be achieved only through God's mercy. No one needed to seek or buy salvation through the church.

The RCC like the Church of England in the middle ages was pure evil. From the Fourth Century on the Romans took the Gospel unto the world via Pax Romanus. But the RCC became bogged down in stupid politics, greed, and lust of the flesh.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can call it polk-salad if you want to, I showed how God over and over use numbers in the bible. You cant rebut those facts so you try to trot out a RED HERRING, never works with me. The facts are the facts, God had 4000 words to work with in the original Hebrew, many words were used for many things, that is why YOWM doesn't mean one day, its a period of time and then a DESCRIPTION of said time has to be inserted, that is why the first YOWM *Day* in creation lasted 9.2 Billion years. That's why 10 stands in for completion all over the bible. You not getting it, or being to invested to admit it, either way, is on you.
Certain numbers being used to represent something, like 40 for probation (40 years of Israel in the wilderness; Jesus tempted by the devil 40 days and nights, etc.), that's valid, and I'm not talking about those specific events. But to take even those numbers and just SLAP them anywhere in The Bible you want, that is FALSE TRADITION, and is following the false Jew's methods.

Gematria (from Jewish Kabbalah mysticism) which the Jews claim is a valid construct, is about their Jewish Mysticism which follows methods of the Occult, and is not from GOD. Gematria assumes each Hebrew character has a numeric value, and so numerology can be applied to Bible words and verses to reveal a 'secret' meaning. That system is what the Bible Codes books are based on, and is of the Occult.

If God does not give understanding in His Word, then there is no way playing with Bible Codes is going to give that understanding. Kabbalists think they have arrived at God's secrets when actually He has assigned their attempts to penetrate His secrets to Satan and his demons. It's a great way to invite the devil in one's life. That system was even used in earlier centuries in Europe to practice ceremonial magic (i.e., Black Magic). Those in Christ Jesus are not to get involved in such things.

We are all SEALED unto God by the Holy Spirit, that is what it really means. The verse you cited in Rev. 9 proves that, the Demons are not allowed to hurt the Jews or the Christians during the first woe. But of course humans can and will hurt and kill the Christians thus they are the Martyrs under the 5th seal. We are sealed unto God, or saved by faith in Jesus, death has no power over us. Likewise, the Jewish peoples are also sealed unto God in like manner, by FAITH ALONE.
You are simply being deceived. The unbelieving Jews specifically... do NOT have God's sealing. Nor does anyone who does not believe on Jesus Christ. That sealing is ONLY in relation to those in Faith on Christ Jesus (Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 1:13).

Its a CODE, you can call it symbolism if you like, but a CODE is a CODE. It leads us unto a truth, symbolism is not always leading us unto a solid factoid. Symbolism is more akin to Scarlet and Purple standing for Religious Orders and Royalty in Rev. 17. If it stood for one religion or one government it would be a Code. So, yes, its a literal 1/3 of the Jewish peoples who repent, as Zechariah 13:8-9 says. We know that 12,000 is also a CODE, 12 x 10 x 10 x 10. So, each tribe is a CODE..........within a CODE.......therefore it simply points to ALL Israel who repents from EVERY TRIBE. Psstt, have you not given thought to the New Jerusalem also being of a measured number which = 144,000 ? It's also a CODE.
I've already explained whatthe Bible Codes junk is, and it is NOT Biblical. It's result will steer one to the devil. Might as well play with a Ouija board, which is an Occult working also.

God's Word does use parable, analogy, allegory, and symbols, but it is to make His Word EASIER to understand, NOT more difficult as if He only intended His Word to be one huge mystery. Those who cannot read and study His Word in simplicity show that He has blinded them away from understanding, and it may not be time for them to know what all is contained in His Word, excepting The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is easy for everyone to understand and believe.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certain numbers being used to represent something, like 40 for probation (40 years of Israel in the wilderness; Jesus tempted by the devil 40 days and nights, etc.), that's valid, and I'm not talking about those specific events. But to take even those numbers and just SLAP them anywhere in The Bible you want, that is FALSE TRADITION, and is following the false Jew's methods.

Gematria (from Jewish Kabbalah mysticism) which the Jews claim is a valid construct, is about their Jewish Mysticism which follows methods of the Occult, and is not from GOD. Gematria assumes each Hebrew character has a numeric value, and so numerology can be applied to Bible words and verses to reveal a 'secret' meaning. That system is what the Bible Codes books are based on, and is of the Occult.

If God does not give understanding in His Word, then there is no way playing with Bible Codes is going to give that understanding. Kabbalists think they have arrived at God's secrets when actually He has assigned their attempts to penetrate His secrets to Satan and his demons. It's a great way to invite the devil in one's life. That system was even used in earlier centuries in Europe to practice ceremonial magic (i.e., Black Magic). Those in Christ Jesus are not to get involved in such things.
All of your distractive talk does not change THE FACTS God used numbers to teach us things and as stand ins or codes for other things. You not getting that is irrelevant to God's thoughts. The fact that Jesus stated he spoke in parables so the world would not understand, and you can't grasp that fact is amusing tbh. I will let you tell God when you get to heaven He was in error. Here is the facts, you know this is true, its obvious, but you can't admit you are wrong. I destroyed your arguments so now you must distract with subterfuge. But I pay no attention to this so you are wasting your time, I laugh at it tbh.

You are simply being deceived. The unbelieving Jews specifically... do NOT have God's sealing. Nor does anyone who does not believe on Jesus Christ. That sealing is ONLY in relation to those in Faith on Christ Jesus (Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 1:13).
You are so bad at comprehension you bring up Unbelieving Jews, not realizing, or being to lazy to read, that my scriptures cited that 1/3 of the Jews repent BEFORE the coming DOTL in both Zech. 13:8-9/14:1 and in Malachi 4:5-6, and you don't get that they have already repented by that time, that is on you.

I've already explained whatthe Bible Codes junk is, and it is NOT Biblical. It's result will steer one to the devil. Might as well play with a Ouija board, which is an Occult working also.

God's Word does use parable, analogy, allegory, and symbols, but it is to make His Word EASIER to understand, NOT more difficult as if He only intended His Word to be one huge mystery. Those who cannot read and study His Word in simplicity show that He has blinded them away from understanding, and it may not be time for them to know what all is contained in His Word, excepting The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is easy for everyone to understand and believe.
You better watch mocking God sir, those numbers are used by God, and you are mocking His use of those numbers out of ignorance it seems. You just associated God's use of Numbers with Witchcraft. Do you remember what Jesus told the Pharisees the Unpardonable Sin was? When they stated Jesus cast out demons by Beelzebub (Satan), so keep it up. God used numbers, everyone know this factoid. I think even you now it.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fig tree parable is not about Israel, its about the Rapture or Second Coming, I think it is the Second Coming and for the Jews only, we see the Rapture later in verses 36-51. Lets go over this carefully, Jesus says that the SIGNS point unto this, WHAT SIGNS? Well, the signs he just gave us in Matt. 24:4-31. I will just paraphrase those 10-12 signs.

1.) The Temples destruction.
2.) False christs
3.) Wars & rumors of wars via 70 AD
4.) The Church Age Birth pangs, ethos against ethos, kingdom vs. kingdom, Pestilences and Earthquakes which get worse and worse and more frequent (like child birth pangs do) until the 70th week comes.
5.) The Disciples were delivered up to be killed or Martyred.
6.) false prophets of Zeus, Jupiter etc. etc. arose making this come to pass because the Gospel was taking their patrons away. Thus they got Rome to kill these great men of God(Disciples), as Jesus foretold them.
7.) The Gospel of the kingdom would be preached into all he world THEN the End (70th week) comes.
8.) The AoD happens and the Jews flee Judea in verse 15.
9.) The Jews flee Judea in verse 17-20.
10.) In verses 21 & 22 we see great tribulation like never before.
11.) We see THE Anti-Christ and THE False Prophet in verse 24.
12.) We see the Sun & Moon go dark.

Now, seeing these signs lets look at what the parable of the fig tree really means. SEE IT NOW?

Matt. 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

How can we miss what this means, its simplicity at its finest. Jesus gives us 10-12 signs, THEN he says to them, listen guys, learn the parable of the fig tree, when the branches shoot forth their leaves you know that summer is near [right}? So......LIKEWISE......meaning he is comparing the fig tree to the SIGNS he just gave them !! He's saying, hey, everyone understands this, when a fig trees shoots forth its leaves/buds, we all know summer is near so LIKEWISE......when you see ALL OF THESE THINGS, you know it is near. What is near? Well, what question did they ask in verse 3? When will these things happen (temples destruction) and what are the SIGNS of your coming AND the End of the World !!

In verse 34 Jesus says, Truly I tell you, this Generation (who sees all of these things) will not pass till these things be fulfilled. So, in essence Jesus just showed us about 12 signs and THE GENERATION who sees all of these things must see the Sun & Moon go dark(its the last sign) because of this Asteroid Impact. That generation living at that time will see Jesus' return, you know why, because that happens in the exact middle of the week meaning Jesus will return1260 days later !! Amen.

So, basically, anyone saying this fig tree parable is all about Israel's rebirth as a nation, can not comprehend this passage very well. Its a juxtaposition to the Second Coming of Jesus for the Jews living during the 70th week. He gives them all of the signs that MUST PASS before he returns, then in verse 31 he returns !! Bada Bing.
Ronald,

I have just been reading over some of the thread and your comments and that of others, and I thought I would offer some insight:

If you will look again at the signs that Jesus gave of His coming and the end of the age, He actually gave the answer to both of those separately in one list of answers...because that is how they asked it--they mixed the two events, so He did also, giving the answer of two different "ends"...which are better understood separately first.

Thus, among the list of signs Jesus gave are many things that have occurred and do occur in every generation--even saying "but the end is not yet." All of which will continue until the end that those signs apply to--which is the end of time...that is, the end of time for anyone person or generation, which is when they pass from this world, or die. Paul explained this as rather than being one mass event, as "but each one in his own order."

Jesus also then, gave the signs of His return in irony to appeal to their spiritual perception if they were ready to understand, finishing with the parable of the fig tree--ironically, of whom they themselves were the "tender branches." But they did not understand, just as many have not understood since then.

Nonetheless, Jesus again gave the answer regarding the time of His return in His revelation to John, by stating "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

The end of the world for any one individual is when they pass from it; the end of the age is rather the end of the world itself; but when was the end of the End? --That is the answer He gave regarding His coming.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that begins by seeing the error of attempting to insert time into prophecy.
Many prophecies have timing built into them though, we shouldn't overlook that. Overlapping prophecies show overlapping times, sometimes, and we can learn from that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you don't miss my point. Jesus gave us the specific signs leading up to His future return, and I get tired of hearing deceived brethren downplay those TIMELINES He gave for the end. They're meant as 'warnings' for us so we would not be deceived. And there is coming at the end of this world a time of the greatest deception that has ever been during the history of this earth!
A lot of information is given us by God, we do well to pay attention.

Much love!

Reactions: ScottA

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the matter, nor should calculating days be the matter. That is fallacy, because Jesus made it plain that no man knows the day nor hour, including Himself, that only The Father knows. That means, in case you don't get it, DO NOT TRY TO CALCULATE THE DAY.

What ARE... we to do at the END then? We are to heed Lord Jesus and His Apostle's warning Signs for the end leading up to Christ's future return. That's not calculating, it is WATCHING like Jesus commanded us to do.
And not forsake assembling together as the day gets closer, something like that in Hebrews. Is the day getting closer? Yes it is, we know from the prophecies.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one listens because they claim this every year and are always wrong.
The fact is, when the prophecies are actually fulfilled, those who are watching will see it, and these disputes will end. And in the meantime, everyone who names a date will be wrong, and will make a mockery of end of the age prophecy.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in the fig tree generation of 70-80 years.
This is unsupportable, that number. Generations in the Bible are variously 20 years, 40 years, 70-80 years, 100 years, and 120 years, people make a case for all of those.

The parable of the fig tree was exactly what Jesus said it was, a parable. Luke quotes a similar parable from the discouse he recorded, Consider the fig tree, and all the trees. Another parable.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of your distractive talk does not change THE FACTS God used numbers to teach us things and as stand ins or codes for other things.
That of course is BOGUS, simply because Bible Code theory is from MAN'S THINKING AND WAYS, AND NOT FROM GOD. When God uses numbers He shows us what they represent. The 70 symbolic weeks in Daniel 9 for one example, which He even tells us those periods of 'sevens' equal periods of seven years each! But hap-hazzardly trying to apply numbers He gave like that elsewhere in Scripture when HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING, that is MEN'S DOCTRINE. Do we find those behind the Bible Codes junk doing that add on? Yes!

Some even err with the day = a year theory from Daniel 9 and Ezekiel 4, trying to apply it where God did not give it (like the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14, which is to be a 2300 days literal period, not years).

You not getting that s irrelevant to God's thoughts. The fact that Jesus stated he spoke on parables so the world would not understand, and you can't grasp that is amusing tbh. I will let you tell God when you get to heaven He was in error. Here is the facts, you know this is true, its obvious, but you can't admit you are wrong. I destroyed your arguments so now you must distract with subterfuge. But I pay no attention to this so you are wasting your tine, I laugh at it.
Uh... what are you trying to say? For those who do not have 'eyes to see, and ears to hear', even simple words in Scripture are closed off to their understanding. That is why they cannot understand even the simplicity with a Bible metaphor or allegory. So tell me, are those in Christ Jesus to be 'chaste virgins'? do you have a difficult time understanding Apostle Paul about that?
You are so bad at comprehension you bring up Unbelieving Jews, not realizing, or being to lazy to read, that my scriptures cited that 1/3 of the Jews repent BEFORE the coming DOTL in both Zech. 13:8-9/14:1 and in Malachi 4:5-6, and you don't get that they have already repented by that time, that is on you.
Now you're trying to make excuses for your sad lack of understanding in God's written Word. Why else would someone want to turn to Gematria and Bible Codes junk? It's because understanding in God's Word is SHUT OFF TO THEM.

I suggest you leave that Jewish Occult Mysticism of the Bible Codes junk, and repent to Christ Jesus.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of information is given us by God, we do well to pay attention.

Much love!
Yet those prophecies Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse are 'specific' for His Church, because He commanded us to be 'watching' those Signs He gave there, leading up to His future return. And that... is a completely opposite teaching to men's false pre-trib rapture theory which denies we have to watch those Signs, but only just 'be ready' to be taken.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, so... And I am speaking of the FALL feasts.... Like I said we are the wheat, not the figs. What comes immediately after summer? Fall. When Did Israel become a nation again..... We are living in the fig tree generation of 70-80 years.
I showed you. The time of summer Jesus contrasts to His coming per the parable of the fig tree, as compared to when the false-Messiah comes in symbolic winter (i.e. as untimely figs).

And yes, the figs certainly do... represent God's people...

Jer 24:2-6
2 One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

3 Then said the LORD unto me, "What seest thou, Jeremiah?" And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

4 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

5 "Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel;
Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.

6 For I will set Mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.
KJV

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that... is a completely opposite teaching to men's false pre-trib rapture theory which denies we have to watch those Signs, but only just 'be ready' to be taken.
False.

I'm a pretribber who has been closely watching for decades my spirit desires to see and know all that God has and does.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False.

I'm a pretribber who has been closely watching for decades my spirit desires to see and know all that God has and does.

Much love!
Yeah, I know you're on man's pre-trib theory. What you have likely been taught to watch is not the same things I'm talking about. Anyone can look at the world and see how it's been going to waste like garbage in a hand basket. Jesus gave many more SIGNS than that for us to 'watch'.

And the way the pre-trib theory applies the idea of watching is just like I said. Hal Lindsay's book Late Great Planet Earth is an endtime treatise on wars, earth's disasters, etc., and continues to push that until eventually he throws out the false idea that those in Christ are raptured BEFORE all that comes to a head. Those are NOT the real Signs of the End Jesus gave.

The real Signs involve the false "Peace and safety" deception the whole world will be in with believing on the coming false-Messiah as God in Jerusalem. Apostle Paul and Lord Jesus both warned of that, and even in the Book of Daniel we were warned about the time of false peace and prosperity for the very end. Jesus in Matthew 24:6 even warned about the fake peace for the end. The pre-trib preachers you listen to don't finish what He showed at the end of that verse.

Oh yeah, and did I mention Lord Jesus showed in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 that His coming to gather His Church will be AFTER... that tribulation of those days? So go ahead, try... to tell me the pre-trib rapture theory preachers agree with Jesus on that!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have likely been taught to watch is not the same things I'm talking about. Anyone can look at the world and see how it's been going to waste like garbage in a hand basket. Jesus gave many more SIGNS than that for us to 'watch'.
Don't just assume and minimize, you end up having a conversation with yourself.

Much love!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is unsupportable, that number. Generations in the Bible are variously 20 years, 40 years, 70-80 years, 100 years, and 120 years, people make a case for all of those.

The parable of the fig tree was exactly what Jesus said it was, a parable. Luke quotes a similar parable from the discouse he recorded, Consider the fig tree, and all the trees. Another parable.

Agreed. 99.9 percent of people ignore or have no idea exists. Clearly it is about how all trees behave when summer is near. It has nothing to do with Israel becoming a nation again but the signs of the second coming and the harvest of the righteous.

Reactions: marks

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we know all of this, even though I stated it badly, the meaning is the same, there were few bibles and lots of illiteracy, and instead of teaching what the bible actually stated, the RCC like the Jewish leaders via the Old Testament, had their own "Man Made Traditions" which they taught. The point doesn't change, they refused to teach the masses what God was really saying, and taught the Masses what they believed. That should be apparent as per to what the point was, its the same thing. So, do you think the RCC has the power to absolve sins? LOL

Martin Luther objected not only to the church's greed but to the very idea of indulgences. He did not believe the Catholic Church had the power to pardon people sins. Rather, Luther thought that salvation could be achieved only through God's mercy. No one needed to seek or buy salvation through the church.

The RCC like the Church of England in the middle ages was pure evil. From the Fourth Century on the Romans took the Gospel unto the world via Pax Romanus. But the RCC became bogged down in stupid politics, greed, and lust of the flesh.
This post is so idiotic – it’s difficult to know just WHERE to begin.
I’ll answer your first asinine remark above in RED for the end, because it points to the crux of your hypocrisy . . .

You’re not much of a student of Scripture, are you? Otherwise you would NEVER have made the ridiculous claim that the Church is not Authoritative even in matters of sin and forgiveness. Jesus gave the Apostles AND their successors (Acts 1:29) of His Church the power to FORGIVE or RETAIN sins in His name.

In John 20:21-23, Jesus (who is God) breathes on the Apostles as he is giving them this power:
John 20:21
Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, SO I SEND YOU."
Ummmm, WHAT did the Father send the Son to do?

Answer: To bring about the FORGIVENESS of sin. In thus passage – HE sent THEM to do the SAME in His name.

John 20:22-23
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU retain are retained."
The first is when he breathed life into Adam. The second is here in John’s Gospel when he is giving the Apostles the power to forgive or retain sins.

With regard to your drivel about “man-made” Traditions a above in RED – I have a question for YOU:
If the Catholic Church is “pure evil”, as you put it – why do YOU and every other anti-Catholic who claims to be Christian adhere to a CATHOLIC Tradition of the New Testament?

You guys even go so far as to claim it is your “SOLE Authority” – and trust its contents with your very salvation - even though it is by YOUR standards a “man-made” Tradition”

I would NEVER accept a text from a sect that was “pure evil” . . .

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,

I have just been reading over some of the thread and your comments and that of others, and I thought I would offer some insight:

If you will look again at the signs that Jesus gave of His coming and the end of the age, He actually gave the answer to both of those separately in one list of answers...because that is how they asked it--they mixed the two events, so He did also, giving the answer of two different "ends"...which are better understood separately first.

Thus, among the list of signs Jesus gave are many things that have occurred and do occur in every generation--even saying "but the end is not yet." All of which will continue until the end that those signs apply to--which is the end of time...that is, the end of time for anyone person or generation, which is when they pass from this world, or die. Paul explained this as rather than being one mass event, as "but each one in his own order."
Actually the word the Disciples used according to Matt. 24:4 is the Greek word "aion" which means age, so the end of the age. We have three ages, Adam to Noah, Noah to Jesus and Jesus death to his Second Coming is the Church Age. The world doesn't "end here" and of course Jesus knew there would be one more "age to come". The Kingdom Age. So, in essence it just means the end of the current age, not the end of time in general, but the time of the age. It is not about death, its about Jesus taking over, the Church age switches to the Kingdom Age, actually the Church is already in Heaven by the 70th week, but there will be a Remnant Church (Rev. 12:17) on earth during the 70th week.

Jesus also then, gave the signs of His return in irony to appeal to their spiritual perception if they were ready to understand, finishing with the parable of the fig tree--ironically, of whom they themselves were the "tender branches." But they did not understand, just as many have not understood since then.

Nonetheless, Jesus again gave the answer regarding the time of His return in His revelation to John, by stating "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

The end of the world for any one individual is when they pass from it; the end of the age is rather the end of the world itself; but when was the end of the End? --That is the answer He gave regarding His coming.
Understanding the word means AGE changes the whole concept, basically you must start over brother. Its very important for us to dig out the true meaning of these root words.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post is so idiotic – it’s difficult to know just WHERE to begin.
I’ll answer your first asinine remark above in RED for the end, because it points to the crux of your hypocrisy . . .

You’re not much of a student of Scripture, are you? Otherwise you would NEVER have made the ridiculous claim that the Church is not Authoritative even in matters of sin and forgiveness. Jesus gave the Apostles AND their successors (Acts 1:29) of His Church the power to FORGIVE or RETAIN sins in His name.
Yea, I have just been a preacher for 37 years, I am sure you being a Message Board Warrior are much more informed (SMILE). You might want to try to learn to be cordial to brothers first, until you can learn that discipline I am not sure you can grow in Christ very deeply. One must learn to tame their tongue before they can tame their minds and hearts.

No other man nor church can forgive sins, only God/Jesus/Holy Spirit. The thing you seem focused on is Jesus giving the Holy Spirit unto the Disciples in John 20::20-23. There is no Acts 1:29. So, Jesus gave the "Holy Spirit" unto the Disciples and told them they could remit sins or retain them, but of course Jesus knew they listened to the Holy Spirit, so the Holy Spirit was going to be the one remitting sins or refusing to forgive. That seems to be missed by you !! Jesus was trying to demonstrate this new power of the Holy Spirit unto them. Because he was leaving, he wanted them to know they were not being left all alone, the Holy Spirit would operate just as he did and they could also operate that same way via the Holy Spirit................VIA the Holy Spirit.............. not of themselves !! The Holy Spirit would give the final approval, they still had to listen to God !! But Jesus wanted a SHOW CAUSE so to speak, so that faith could be built upon in men's eyes.

Now, do you think those evil RCC leaders are full of the Holy Spirit LOL, come on man. They are mostly, or 80-90 percent of the flesh, the love everything over God, Politics, Lusts, Greed, the Love of men etc. more than they love God, don't kid yourself.
In John 20:21-23, Jesus (who is God) breathes on the Apostles as he is giving them this power:
John 20:21
Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, SO I SEND YOU."
Ummmm, WHAT did the Father send the Son to do?

Answer: To bring about the FORGIVENESS of sin. In thus passage – HE sent THEM to do the SAME in His name.

John 20:22-23
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU retain are retained."
The first is when he breathed life into Adam. The second is here in John’s Gospel when he is giving the Apostles the power to forgive or retain sins.
Well, you had the scriptures correct I see, I saw Acts 1:29 and there is no Acts 1:29 so it confused me.

With regard to your drivel about “man-made” Traditions a above in RED – I have a question for YOU:
If the Catholic Church is “pure evil”, as you put it – why do YOU and every other anti-Catholic who claims to be Christian adhere to a CATHOLIC Tradition of the New Testament?

You guys even go so far as to claim it is your “SOLE Authority” – and trust its contents with your very salvation - even though it is by YOUR standards a “man-made” Tradition”

I would NEVER accept a text from a sect that was “pure evil” . . .
By the way, if you are Roman Catholic, I take up for them all the time, they took the Gospel unto all the world from 400-1400 AD, it is their leaders that are evil. The Pope is not the False Prophet nor is he the coming Anti-Christ, that is ignorance at its finest. The Anti-Christ has to be born in Greece(Dan. 8:9), via an Old Assyrian bloodline(Isaiah 10), and then he must come to power in the E.U.(Dan. 7:7-8).

The RCC [leaders] of the 1300s to 1800s were pure evil go read about them as I have, the Church of England was just as bad, torturing confessions out of people !! If you trust in the RCC to absolve your sins then you might not make it brother. Trust in Jesus alone, remember, Jesus needed to leave a STRONG Church in order to gain converts early on, thus he left men he himself discipled !! He knew them, he trusted them, I doubt very much he trusts or even knows 90 percent of the RCC leaders, now the Priests may have a higher rate of salvation, but I doubt 50 percent of the Priests are of God tbh. Pssttt, only 5 of the 10 Virgins make the Pre Trib Rapture !! So, only 50 percent of the Church are even "real Christians" who are of God. Only 33 percent (1/3) of the Jews will repent, narrow is the road sir, thinking you can just join a church (RCC or any Church) and be absolved of your sins by men is wrong think, and will led many people to hell via a false belief. THE DIFFERENCE? The Disciples followed the Holy Spirit, most RCC leaders have no idea what that actually means.

I do not doubt the people who are Roman Catholics, but they make a huge mistake, if like Nancy Pelosi or others they think they can push abortion and homosexuality and get absolved from their sins, that sir is a fantasy. We must REPENT and thus TURN from sin before Jesus will pardon our sins. That's a fact, no church can absolve you nor I from sins. Your RCC leaders are not the Apostles whom Jesus trusted heard the Holy Spirit, most would sell salvation to a rich man for a huge donation.

Last edited:
Reactions: David H.