God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses do not say the book of Revelation was sealed. Indeed that same chapter says it wasn't. How can you read Revelation 22 and miss this?

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
yes...the sayings were being revealed..the book was not added to by anyone

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has spoken to men in various ways,
Audible voice
Dreams
Visions
Scripture and the Incarnation
Hebrews1:1-3
This happens roughly over a 1600 year period.
God authenticated his work with miracles and supernatural events surrounding the Apostles and prophets 2cor12:12.
Revelation takes us to the final judgment and eternal state. We are not to add or take away from that already given.
Do you mean revelation or Revelation?

The warning in the book of Revelation applied to that book.

I'm just not sure I am following your logic.

When is this seal?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you saying? That demons can appear to people but angels can't? If that's true, the Devil has more power than he did before Jesus came to the earth.
2 cor11 warns us about all the false manifestations. we are protected by the completed word,2 pet 1.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean revelation or Revelation?

The warning in the book of Revelation applied to that book.

I'm just not sure I am following your logic.

When is this seal?
it is like you sealing the pm and not letting me add more responses to it, even though I had been invited to do so.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is like you sealing the pm and not letting me add more responses to it, even though I had been invited to do so.
So God left the conversation???? It was my pm and I was done. So I left. Nothing else to say or hear.

Are you talking about any kind of revelation (like God revealing to a missionary a course of action) or revelation about God in addition to Scripture (like God the Father was once a man)?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're talking at cross purposes A D'A….and gobbledy gook at that.
2pet1 is truth my friend,read it and learn.

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
R

Rita

Revelation 1:1 KJV
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
I understand that it was a revelation of Jesus

John didn't have the revelation, he recorded the revelation Jesus was given of His Father.

John had to write down everything ‘ he saw ‘ in order to do that he would have had to ‘ see ‘what was being revealed - he was in Spirit - so it was still a revelation.
This is really a muted point because it proves nothing about what is being relayed in this thread.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that it was a revelation of Jesus

John had to write down everything ‘ he saw ‘ in order to do that he would have had to ‘ see ‘what was being revealed - he was in Spirit - so it was still a revelation.
This is really a muted point because it proves nothing about what is being relayed in this thread.
Rita
Okay, thanks alot for clearing that up for me

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would it be any different?
If God gave new revelation we could add to scripture
Many revelations serve a specific purpose that is limited by time and circumstances. We read in the Bible about there being prophets but not told anything about their prophecies. "Holy Writ" should be general and useful for anyone who reads it. It should not go out of date since it contains lessons anyone can profit by. I have had revelations, personal revelations, that were useful to me but I doubt they'd benefit anyone else. Then there are revelations given to someone meant to comfort or help one or two other people. They are not meant for everyone; they would have no place in the Bible.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many revelations serve a specific purpose that is limited by time and circumstances. We read in the Bible about there being prophets but not told anything about their prophecies. "Holy Writ" should be general and useful for anyone who reads it. It should not go out of date since it contains lessons anyone can profit by. I have had revelations, personal revelations, that were useful to me but I doubt they'd benefit anyone else. Then there are revelations given to someone meant to comfort or help one or two other people. They are not meant for everyone; they would have no place in the Bible.
Give examples of what you are posting.
Did you see a hand writing on the wall?
Did you hear an audible voice that would be heard if a tape recorder were recording?
Or was it the old reliable "still small voice"?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe 2 Timothy 3 speaks to the overall issue here (not applying to anyone directly but to our world and perhaps even the Christian environment in general).

We live in a time when people, even in the church, are proud, headstrong, boaters, haughty, unloving, unforgiving, brutal, slanderous, having a form of godliness but denying its power, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you hear an audible voice that would be heard if a tape recorder were recording?
God's call to Samuel was audible to Samuel. Eli did not hear the voice. Your assumption about the voice bring able to be recorded on tape recorder is legalistic and misses the spiritual truth of these matters entirely.

Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I never saw a hand writing on the wall; and if you read the whole thread, you would know I ignored the "audible" voices the few times I heard them. Nor would I say my revelations come through the small still voice, although I have heard that. Rather the communications arise in my mind as ideas which I know are not my ideas. Sometimes they may contan "words" in English, other times no -- other times it's the idea and I would need to supply words myself to try to tell others. For example, in a vision, I may see things without words being used.

Almost everyone has the ability to receive ideas like that, but few don't when awake. To that sort of person, spiriits can communicate in dreams. Such spiritual communications could be angelic or demonic, of course. Most people are spiritually deaf when awake for a very good reason. I think it's probably best to let the spiritually deaf remain that way.

I can also tell you I think I could teach almost anyone how to send and receive such spiritual messages. I decline to give out such information on the internet. I would teach only people I felt confident would be sincere about it and not apt to use it to manipulate others, to take advantage of others, etc. There are perils in turning on your spiritual ears and eyes. People with impure hearts could be deceived by the demonic posing as the angelic. They can also deceive themselves without a demon needing to help mislead them since people can be motivated by greed and lust.

I would not even lay hands on a Christian to have their ears and eyes opened unless I knew him or her extremely well. I would not because I cannot read their hearts. Someone can be a 99% good person; but if there is 1% sin in the heart, there is danger that even good Christians could succumb to temptation. I leave it up to God then to decide who should receive what gift.

Then there are non-Christians who might convert to Christianity if their spiritual eyes and ears were opened. You might say they were saved even; but danger exists there too, that they may return like a dog to its vomit. Their fate would be worse than had they never known Jesus.

Isaiah 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Strange as it sounds, it is better for some people to be struck with spiritual blindness and deafness. If they understood, if they converted and were healed, they could stand in terrible peril.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Many if not most people have sins remaining to be dealt with -- and those sinful urges need to be dealt with before it's safe for God to open their spiritual eyes and ears. There is also the matter of impure lips or the tongue which is burning with the fire of hell. Such a person could do great damage if he received truth since his impure lips would change it into something corrupt. Thus Isaiah acknowledged his situation, and the seraphim purified his lips.

It took at least three years of discipline under Jesus before the disciples were ready to communicate with Heaven on their own. They had problems that needed to be dealt with. Peter was the first to make his own connection with the Father, and it was a struggle. Peter had to be corrected several times.

Most people still have uncircumcised ears and hearts. If they could hear spiritual voices, it wouldn't be a heavenly voice talking to them. Better then to be spiritually deaf.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's call to Samuel was audible to Samuel. Eli did not hear the voice. Your assumption about the voice bring able to be recorded on tape recorder is legalistic and misses the spiritual truth of these matters entirely.
I asked the poster, not Samuel. Do you claim you hear voices in your head? Do you hear audible voices? Are you an oracle?

Status
Not open for further replies.