God kills Hypocrites and Takes them Home. He will not be Mocked.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels who rejected God LOST their holiness and their heavenly estate, and were cast to Earth.

They sinned before loosing their first estate. Then their holiness was lost (You suppose - because scripture doesn’t mention anything about their holiness specifically I don’t think).

You sure have some backwards reasoning.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said we're either with Him or not, and gathering with Him or scattering abroad.

Have you ever heard Charles Stanley talk about those who are saved, those who are lost, and a totally made up, unBiblical third category he calls "carnal Christians" - the ones who pray the sinner's prayer to Jesus, but proceed to live the sinner's life for Satan which results in nothing more than a few less jewels in their heavenly crown?

He stole that doctrine from the apostate Israelites of Ezekiel's day (Ezekiel 13:22 KJV) which they stole from the devil himself.

I haven’t heard Stanley, but agree there is a group, that is sort of strange. Preachers, people, who themselves claim to attend church, did the water dip, proclaimed they believed before a Congregation...but never believed.
You can do a search on the most startling of this group...Preachers.
They fooled everyone around them, entire congregations. Creepy.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They sinned before loosing their first estate. Then their holiness was lost (You suppose - because scripture doesn’t mention anything about their holiness specifically I don’t think).

You sure have some backwards reasoning.

Angels were created holy.
They became unholy.
They were cast out of their estate.

ManKind was created very good.
They become not good.
They became sentenced to die.
They have been given an option, Die rejecting the Lord God, or
Die confessing Belief in the Lord God, and become transformed into an everlasting holy creature.

You accuse me of backward reasoning, yet you are the one who attempted to compare men resurrected with God, as being like fallen angels...
The more you attempt to debate what you have not studied the more you falter. You own that, not me.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet you are the one who attempted to compare men resurrected with God, as being like fallen angels...

No.

According to the Bible:

Angels + In heaven = Sin capacity.

According to you:

Man (as Angels) + In heaven = No sin capacity.

It ain’t adding up.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Angels were created holy.
They became unholy.
They were cast out of their estate.

ManKind was created very good.
They become not good.
They became sentenced to die.
They have been given an option, Die rejecting the Lord God, or
Die confessing Belief in the Lord God, and become transformed into an everlasting holy creature.

You accuse me of backward reasoning, yet you are the one who attempted to compare men resurrected with God, as being like fallen angels...
The more you attempt to debate what you have not studied the more you falter. You own that, not me.
@Taken Hebrews 1 about angels in lower comparison with the blessed Son of God comes to mind.....

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

According to the Bible:

Angels + In heaven = Sin capacity.

According to you:

Man (as Angels) + In heaven = No sin capacity.

It ain’t adding up.

LOL...
10 holy angels in heaven, with Freewill.
1 holy angel in heaven uses his Freewill and sins.
1 holy angel in heaven is booted out of heaven.
9 holy angels in heaven.

Seriously that is so elementary that continuing this nonsense is not my interest.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is here comparing the one who believes he is without sin, right with God, with the one who has no such delusions that he doesn't sin, and instead has humility before God.

One stands there saying, "I'm righteous, not like that sinner there!"

So whomever the shoe fits . . . that's the one who wears it.

This thread is part of a stream of threads of straw man arguments imputing all sorts of evil and absurdity to those with whom the writer disagrees, and I personally am not of the mind that this is a righteous thing to do. Not what I've been seeing.

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to grossly misrepresent their beliefs for the sake of impugning them, no, not right, not good, not edifying, not honest.

So think of that what you will, but I'm still thinking we are all still "works in process".

Much love!
Amen,

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tob 11:
[14] And he wept, and said, Blessed art thou, O God, and blessed is thy name for ever; and blessed are all thineholy angels:
Tob.12
[15] I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels, which present the prayers of the saints, and which go in and out before the glory of the Holy One.
Matt.25
[31] When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mark.8
[38] Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Luke.9
[26] For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Acts.10
[22] And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.
Rev.14
[10] The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know souls and spirit of men in heaven is temporary, right?

No one (save for a few exceptions) is in heaven right now. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-16). And New Jerusalem will come down from heaven where saved men will dwell with God and Christ after the final judgment. (Revelation 20:11) (Revelation 3:12; Revelation 21:2)

“And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.” (Revelation 21:27)

So don’t get blotted out of that book by sinning willfully! (Hebrews 10:26-29; Exodus 32:32-33; Psalms 69:28; Revelation 22:19).

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It is spot on.

The SAV-ED are SAV-ED.
My Having RECEIVED the Lords Gift of Salvation, HAS NOTHING to do with you, @robert derrick, @Robert Gwin, @VictoryinJesus, or anyone else.

I do NOT have to BELIEVE IN you, TRUST you, LIKE you, FOLLOW you, TALK to you, HANG out with you, Have a relationship with you, FAST, TITHE, GO to a Church, Bow to Statues, FOLLOW Traditions of men, FOLLOW Rituals of men...

My BONDED SET FOREVER relationship IS Established WITH the Lord God Almighty......AND WITH other men who have A BONDED SET FOREVER Established WITH the Lord God Almighty.

Y’all who FAIL to commit, continue to sin, are the same that can fall away FROM BELIEVING, at any moment and be the backstabber’s AGAINST the Converted, routinely seen on this forum.

You yourself said;

No, Christ Jesus’ Forever Salvation IS NOT contrary to Scripture, and no one cares about the simple logic of the Carnal Mind, that is Against God.

You are quite right Taken, but those who refuse to listen to those sent, reject the sender as well sir.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So don’t get blotted out of that book by sinning willfully! (Hebrews 10:26-29; Exodus 32:32-33; Psalms 69:28; Revelation 22:19).

No worries for me I Trust Lord God is Faithful to His Word.

More than ONE book. (And not just these two books).
The Book of Life that contains the Name of every earthly man;
...that can be Blotted out...has my Name.
The Lambs Book of Life that contains the Name of every Sav-ED earthly man;
...that can NOT be Blotted out....has my Name.

And Considering (the Lord Gods Books ARE His Evidence) For what He DOES during the last days Great Tribulations, Judgements, Wrath, OF the Lord God, sends down from Heaven upon the Earth and the inhabitants thereof, to suffer His judgements and wrath.

...Ever notice WHOSE Tribulation and Wrath comes down from Heaven First? It’s very clear. It’s the Wrath of the Lamb. Rev 6:16

...Everyone’s Name IS in the Book of Life.
...NOT everyone’s Name is in the Lambs Book of Life.
* Seems you should be more concerned about If, how, why, YOUR Name, is or is not IN the Lambs Book of Life, and what that means for you.
* Your preaching along with @robert derrick, AGAINST the Lambs assured Salvation...doesn’t sound hopeful for the Lord to add Names in the Lambs Book of Life, who Preach Against Him.

Just saying...

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quite right Taken, but those who refuse to listen to those sent, reject the sender as well sir.

I am well aware of WHO the Lord SENT. IF you have some evidence of me objecting to WHOM the Lord SENT, you can warn and challenge me at that time.
Those Others?
Pretty confident that is a conundrum that plagues the people at large.
* Seems pretty commonplace for individuals to “claim” the Lord sent them, yet their words, philosophies and teachings do not “line up” with the Lords Word.
* Additionally, very strange, (a conniving trickery of deceit IMV), when men pose themselves as Lord Sent, while bashing reliance on Scripture.

Just saying, Gods Word First, caution to what men claim.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They not only call him double hearted for life, but also the chiefest of sinners.

You started this thread which has been in my mind since you started it. You seem to be asking about OSAS? This is only my perspective from the life where I grew up …being taught under the southern Baptist mentality I heard plenty that scared me about what God was going to do with me because I was a filthy sinner. In fact so much so that I seldom heard of His mercy. All I heard of was a wrathful vengeful God who was going to burn someone like me in Hell. But I also heard the alter call over and over for the filthy sinners to come down and repent, to accept Jesus into their hearts. I went down every chance I showed up at the church. In this I can relate to your argument of just say the prayer and you are all good and set to go. Point of telling you this is 1) to stop beating you without never telling you why or how I got OSAS in my sights. 2) to agree with you how much going up to an alter call randomly throughout my life …never changed anything about my heart. It was a routine I didn’t even know I had entered into…caught up in it. Say a prayer and then you are excused, while the church makes a mark in the count for another conversion. Claim Jesus and salvation…then depart and go on living my life without a mention of Him; in action or in word. I now fully see that is not even close to salvation (Imo). The reason I can say this is because about seven years ago something changed, something I didn’t walk away from unaffected but so much changed from…not an alter call, or an empty prayer…so now looking back I can truly say I did not know the first thing about God while reciting the salvation prayer. So I do get how OSAS can be considered lunatic.

yet I also now see that with Paul…who (by the way) called himself “chief”…that God might show forth the example of the long-suffering of God. (Imo) it also shows the patience of God. While Saul was persecuting Jesus Christ …God was long-suffering and patient. To me this is hopeful that while I was going up at every alter call and taking a knee(but not really) God would declare His long-suffering and patients. Regarding OSAS …for me…Where Paul speaks of: you should know the fruit you ate of and what it produced which was death, which things you are now ashamed of …which has stayed with me because I can relate to “which things you are now ashamed of knowing the end of those things is death) it is to the core what Paul might have experienced in that big question Jesus Christ asked “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?” Remember what Saul/Paul said about the things which you are now ashamed of. To me it is significant also with OSAS. For me there is a night and day difference in Saul and Paul. Often time Paul speaks openly about the fruit he tells them they know, which He had (often referring to this fruit as those things that reveal salvation): patient, long suffering, Hope kindness…
Hebrews 6:9
Philippians 1:27-28

So in this I’m not so quick to attack OSAS either because (Imo) that is like attacking Paul who seemed to be assured better things can be planted; not things that you now are ashamed of knowing the end is death. But better things, the end there Life where He said those who put their trust in God will not be ashamed. (OSAS) knowing the end of that trust in God is Life? Not Saul…but Paul and the conversation Paul had in the end …look at that conversation…every bit of the example which is Christ…to attack OSAS for me is like saying God is unrighteous to forget that Hope, that Faith, that Joy, that patience, that long-suffering of those things that accompany salvation..and abort it all. Attacking OSAS is like disputing what God said in “God will not be mocked” and “you reap what you sow.”
Either the end of those things being death, which things you are now ashamed of.
or better things as is fully displayed in Paul which was faced
with a huge question “Saul, Saul why do you persecute Me.” “Why do you those things which you are now ashamed of knowing those things lead to death?

They don't preach the Scriptures written in ink,

2 Corinthians 3:3-6 Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. [4] And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: [5] Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; [6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills, but the spirit gives life.

Last edited: