God or the Devil , Life and death.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
( though I never have much understood why He needed perfecting...He Himself said "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father." )
Maybe the perfecting/completing was all to do with His human side..becoming completed man in all things?
The perfecting was before He said "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father." I am sure if you did a word study on perfecting it would be teaching.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The perfecting was before He said "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father." I am sure if you did a word study on perfecting it would be teaching.
The bible indicates He was perfected through suffering. When and where was He perfected prior to making that statement?

Hebrews 2
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrews 5
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

h

Reactions: Helen

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You dont read that in scripture. If satan has to ask God to take someone life and God said yes Gods an accessory to murder. satan came to steal kill and destroy its all he knows. He tried to kill Christ many times through men. Herod etc. He does not ask God for permission. He kills illegally continuously. Now where do you read God gave permission to kill. There is a reaping what you sow. Smoke and you will get cancer. satan does not ask God in scripture can I kill this one? We take one scripture from job and made it into what it is not. God stopped satan from killing Job because God knew he would kill him. God never made a deal with satan. God said all he has is in your hands. satan was the ruler of the earth then. And had dominion over all the earth. he took it off Adam and had it legally. he offerd it to Jesus all off this I will give unto you if you bow down and worship me.

I totally agree Sword. God is the author life as He is life Himself. He is not the author of death. He is a loving God not a cruel one. We need to stop attributing to Him, these horrible scenarios. We, who are evil, would never want to kill our children then why do we ascribe such horrible actions to God.
When sin entered this world it brought death and death is still eternal life WITHOUT the presence and the Glory of God. (Glory which is the sum total of all His attributes)
After this life on earth there remains two more areas of life and that is a life of blessing with God and a life of torment without God.
We need to be well assured of this verse JAMES 3:11-12.
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Is God good and evil? NO and therefore He is not a murderer. These words murderer, kill, destroy have been clearly attributed to the devil. Why do we want to make God responsible for what Satan does? This type of thinking is the error in Greek mythology and is the primary error in Calvinism. Both are wrong.

When in this life we die of old age, we suffer the consequence of a dying world because of the sin of Adam, and that death and sin is passed on to us. When we die prematurely it maybe directly be related to our own sin. Ex. Drugs Or our enemy Satan.

Although Job was declared righteousness by God, which built a strong hedge of protection around his life, he still had a serious sin that he had not dealt with.This is found in Job 3:25-26
25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came. He was so afraid he couldn't put enough locks on his doors, he couldn't sleep at night and kept talking about losing it all. (Death and life in the tongue)

Job admitted that he had a GREAT FEAR of losing it all. And that fear came true because sin and fear is what caused an opening in his hedge of protection.
Ecclesiastes 10:8 "8 He that digs a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaks an hedge, a serpent shall bite him."
Job's righteousness and obedience built the hedge and Job's sin and fear gave a window of opportunity to the Devil to come in and strike. Everything Job feared losing, he lost except his life because in God's providence He still wanted to teach Job, not to fear, but to trust Him wholeheartedly. God's goal was to turn Job's fear into trust and I am sure God would have tried in different ways on many occasions. (Doesn't he do that for us with the sins we deal with) Telling Satan that the hedge was removed, thus opening the opportunity to him, was probably the last resort. Because God knows that having a great fear of losing everything puts us in a precarious position of loving materialism more than God. (1 John 4:18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sword