God "spiritualizes" EVERYTHING.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially when it says,

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Yep! To you Law Keepers, it's ALWAYS about sin!
You read it, study it, eat by it, live in it, worship it and then you deny it, because YOU KEEP ALL OF the Law, but everyone else are Law Breakers!!
Is it any wonder why God sent us The Savior, whose Name is above every name, including "The Law"?

In the next hour, DO TRY to NOT think about SIN, but rather think about HIS GRACE.
But then again, for you, that would be an impossibility, because you dwell on the Law, which is about sin, and not His forgiveness.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fruit is evident. The word "spiritualizing" is not used in support of the Holy Spirit, but against. Which is the backlash of misunderstanding, ironically, because of would-be spiritual half-truths.

The example you gave of the physical resurrection, is the perfect example. And because you are suggesting things that are "different", this should not be too complex, although, thus far it has been.

The truth, according to what is written, is that the resurrection of Christ is "different" than His ascension. I for one would never argue against the fact of physical resurrection - this is evidence of Christ's power over death. But you make the same mistake as Martha, who knowing the scriptures assumed that there was one resurrection...which there indeed is, except one is by sight and the other in the spirit, and "different", just as the flesh and the spirit are different. The flesh profits nothing.

So, what had been held in belief for thousands of years, Christ elaborated upon...just as He also explained that we must also be born again of the spirit of God, which up until that time was not understood. Likewise, just as "in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive", they are "different", the one manifesting the flesh, and the Other the spirit. This we know, for Christ did not commend His flesh to the Father, but His spirit only. Thus, it was His birth and death on the cross which made Him "the Last Adam", and His ascension that makes Him "the First Fruits." But many like Martha who only know the former things of the flesh, saw only what they expected to see at His ascension: only what He was, rather than what He had become in glory. Those of the flesh then, holding to the flesh, consider the "like manner" of what was seen as He ascended as the flesh, while those of the spirit saw Him "as He is" according to 1 John 3:2.

What then shall we call the denial of the spiritual ascension of Christ, which spirit He commended to the Father before ascending to that same spiritual glory? "Flesh-a-lizing?" Heaven forbid!

Nonetheless, life and death has been set before us...and we must choose. Some choose the spirit and follow Christ, while some choose the flesh unto death, who's end is according to their works.

You spiritualize resurrection. It was physical.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You spiritualize resurrection. It was physical.
No...I can do nothing, I am just saying what God is doing. So, don't blame me.

...God first manifests everything in the physical, then spiritualizes everything. In other words..."first the natural, then the spiritual", just as it is written.

Why are you not getting this? - This is all according to the scriptures.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

...God first manifests everything in the physical, then spiritualizes everything. In other words..."first the natural, then the spiritual", just as it is written.

The spirits of the dead descend with Christ at the rapture. Their bodies are resurrected, their spirits reinhabit the bodies then the bodies are made perfect by Christ's body is perfect.

Those of us still on the earth in our flesh join the resurrected and we all Rise to Heaven with Christ.

We will all spend eternity with him and God in the very physical New Jerusalem. Except for the time we returned to the earth with Christ to reign physically.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you arguing that Christ's resurrection was only "spiritual?"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirits of the dead descend with Christ at the rapture. Their bodies are resurrected, their spirits reinhabit the bodies then the bodies are made perfect by Christ's body is perfect.

Those of us still on the earth in our flesh join the resurrected and we all Rise to Heaven with Christ.

We will all spend eternity with him and God in the very physical New Jerusalem. Except for the time we returned to the earth with Christ to reign physically.
Well...that would be the imperfect rumor, the teachings of men. Except it's utterly wrong, for it is God who is perfect...and He is spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Read it again, s-l-o-w-e-r this time.
The fruit is evident. The word "spiritualizing" is not used in support of the Holy Spirit, but against. Which is the backlash of misunderstanding, ironically, because of would-be spiritual half-truths.

The example you gave of the physical resurrection, is the perfect example. And because you are suggesting things that are "different", this should not be too complex, although, thus far it has been.

The truth, according to what is written, is that the resurrection of Christ is "different" than His ascension. I for one would never argue against the fact of physical resurrection - this is evidence of Christ's power over death. But you make the same mistake as Martha, who knowing the scriptures assumed that there was one resurrection...which there indeed is, except one is by sight and the other in the spirit, and "different", just as the flesh and the spirit are different. The flesh profits nothing.

So, what had been held in belief for thousands of years, Christ elaborated upon...just as He also explained that we must also be born again of the spirit of God, which up until that time was not understood. Likewise, just as "in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive", they are "different", the one manifesting the flesh, and the Other the spirit. This we know, for Christ did not commend His flesh to the Father, but His spirit only. Thus, it was His birth and death on the cross which made Him "the Last Adam", and His ascension that makes Him "the First Fruits." But many like Martha who only know the former things of the flesh, saw only what they expected to see at His ascension: only what He was, rather than what He had become in glory. Those of the flesh then, holding to the flesh, consider the "like manner" of what was seen as He ascended as the flesh, while those of the spirit saw Him "as He is" according to 1 John 3:2.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Don’t know but thank you for answering the question. Still not sure I see what you mean.
Imo being called greatest in the kingdom is not the same as saying "I am the greatest" nor does it mean "I am not a servant." I keep an open mind there mostly bc the v does discuss those "called," and there could be an angle there maybe? Bc imo one is likely to find themselves chosen to be the one to resist some bad civil code, too, to maybe feed the homeless regardless of a law against that or etc.

But I'm pretty sure that guy is not running scared from Scripture that assures us like three diff ways that we must keep the law either. For even the mildest one, "keep these two and you fulfill the rest," infers that the rest must be fulfilled, by us, not Jesus, imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You will see Him come down the same way they saw Him go up,
you think? See, it really doesn't even have to be argued I guess,
it becomes a matter of how much truth are you ready to accept imo.

Galileans, why do you stand there looking up into the sky?
is the answer to your Q I guess.
you will see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up

obviously not by looking up into the sky, which is why preachers have to help us interpret there I guess, otherwise who would sing "when we all get to heaven" right afterward, as the plate is getting passed huh

better to not tell them too soon, before they have found Nehushtan I guess, obv someone preaching Rapture is not even ready to hear why do you stand there looking up into the sky? let alone that

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You should know that because God is spirit, that this is His Way.
Yes God is a Spirit, but Christ has a literal human body which is also a resurrected glorified body. God is a Spirit, yet He has a literal throne in Heaven, and in the book of Daniel He is shown as the Ancient of Days, bearing a resemblance to the description of Christ in Revelation. Also Heaven is as real and tangible as earth, except that it is in a totally different realm.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

As above, so below is Scripture too though see

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"God is spirit", "My words are spirit"...is not quoting God?

Why should I even converse with you? You have no actual concept or knowledge of God.
well see the sin here is that you are claiming that you do, right
You understand God, and everyone else does not unless they agree with you?