God "spiritualizes" EVERYTHING.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not my word. If I were to define it by its use, I would have to say that it is a weapon of Satan, a word against God, whom is spirit.
I'm not following you with your above. Non sequitur to your op.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it must be an inside job. Who denies God is Spirit?
It is pretty amazing...

I put out an invitation for people to "Go for it", to do just that, to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, to deny that God is spirit...and here they are stepping up to be counted.

Just amazing!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is pretty amazing...

I put out an invitation for people to "Go for it", to do just that, to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, to deny that God is spirit...and here they are stepping up to be counted.

Just amazing!
But why would you start a thread like that to begin with?

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is spirit. Daily I defend that. Daily I am attacked for it, often with use of the word "spiritualize." Is that not obvious that it is against God who is spirit?
Not the only one

Joh_4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in yo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's remember what the OP was.
God is spirit. He is in the process of spiritualizing everything. Why then, is "spiritualizing" a bad thing for so many would-be christians?

(Rhetorical)

...But hey, go for it. Try to rationalize for us why one would go against the very makeup of God. Let's hear it. God already knows who you are...and so do we, but, hey, sing it - blaspheme against the Holy Spirit!

"God spiritualizes" In defense of "Spiritualizing"

And an invitation to blaspheme the Holy Spirit - not that this has anything to do with that - and why would the OP'er want that?

But no matter. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has a particular meaning. God defined it. They said Jesus was casting out devils by an unclean spirit. Jesus was casting them out by the Holy Spirit. And He warned them not to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. And the Gospel writer explains . . . because they said He had an unclean spirit.

Blaspheme is to vilify, to say the Holy Spirit was an unclean spirit, and that was too much. But that is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, if you want to go by the words used to communicate the story in the first place.

@Preacher4Truth had asked you to define "Spiritualize" to which you replied:

It is not a word in the dictionary or in my vocabulary...so perhaps those who have taken it up as a weapon against the Spirit would like to give their definition.

I just know that it is the defense of many who speak against the fact that the words of Christ (meaning the scriptures) "are spirit", just as He said.

But you said that God spiritualizes everything. So what do you mean?

Is it a weapon against God, or what God does?

Much love!
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And an invitation to blaspheme the Holy Spirit - not that this has anything to do with that - and why would the OP'er what that?

But no matter. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has a particular meaning. God defined it. They said Jesus was casting out devils by an unclean spirit. Jesus was casting them out by the Holy Spirit. And He warned them not to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. And the Gospel writer explains . . . because they said He had an unclean spirit.

Blaspheme is to vilify, to say the Holy Spirit was an unclean spirit, and that was too much. But that is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, if you want to go by the words used to communicate the story in the first place.

Some things are purely spiritual. Some things purely physical some things some of both.

When one tries to take some things physical, like glorified bodies in the New Jerusalem that is spiritualizing.

Spiritualizing takes away the true meaning.

Much love!
Mark

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why then, is "spiritualizing" a bad thing for so many would-be christians?
Because Jesus Christ has COME IN THE FLESH.

Taken a human body, and ascended to Heaven in that same resurrected and glorified body. And now He is seated at the right hand of the Father in that same human body. And He will return at the Resurrection/Rapture to take all the saints to Heaven in perfected, glorified, immortal bodies. They will not be ethereal spirits floating around! Yet the bodies are deemed to be *spiritual* in that they are free from human limitations.

It is the heretical Gnostics who were spiritualizing everything, and who also influenced Origen to spiritualize as he pleased. BEWARE OF SPIRITUALIZATION.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And an invitation to blaspheme the Holy Spirit - not that this has anything to do with that - and why would the OP'er want that?

Much love!
Mark
God is spirit. God is perfect. That is his end game, i.e., he is spiritualizing all things ("Behold, all things have become new.") That's good.

People who speak against God's spiritualizing all things, using the word "spiritualizing", are against Him. That's bad.

Same word. Two different uses. One good. One bad.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus Christ has COME IN THE FLESH.

Taken a human body, and ascended to Heaven in that same resurrected and glorified body. And now He is seated at the right hand of the Father in that same human body. And He will return at the Resurrection/Rapture to take all the saints to Heaven in perfected, glorified, immortal bodies. They will not be ethereal spirits floating around! Yet the bodies are deemed to be *spiritual* in that they are free from human limitations.

It is the heretical Gnostics who were spiritualizing everything, and who also influenced Origen to spiritualize as he pleased. BEWARE OF SPIRITUALIZATION.
That is scriptural debauchery.

"Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

But thanks for stepping into the light to be counted.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For the same reason God created the world: to expose the darkness. Ephesians 5:11-13
we have "God is Spirit" in our Bibles but I guess ppl who need to believe in an Old White Guy on a literal throne to comport with their fantasies about death more abundantly just are not going to be able to even see that right now? That any one of us can manifest a spirit more or less at will goes over like a Led Zeppelin I notice.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is spirit. Daily I defend that. Daily I am attacked for it, often with use of the word "spiritualize." Is that not obvious that it is against God who is spirit?
You've been attacked for saying God is Spirit? Where?

Still your op is quite vague bro. I don't see where your case has been made clearly or where your opponents have been described concisely.

Also the term "attacked" is over-used in forums imo.

Reactions: Mjh29