God "spiritualizes" EVERYTHING.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is spirit. He is in the process of spiritualizing everything. Why then, is "spiritualizing" a bad thing for so many would-be christians?

(Rhetorical)

...But hey, go for it. Try to rationalize for us why one would go against the very makeup of God. Let's hear it. God already knows who you are...and so do we, but, hey, sing it - blaspheme against the Holy Spirit!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is spirit. He is in the process of spiritualizing everything. Why then, is "spiritualizing" a bad thing for so many would-be christians?

(Rhetorical)

...But hey, go for it. Try to rationalize for us why one would go against the very makeup of God. Let's hear it. God already knows who you are...and so do we, but, hey, sing it - blaspheme against the Holy Spirit!

Especially when it says,

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Rhetorical)

Define "spiritualize."

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Rhetorical)

Are you talking about spiritualizing the texts of the bible my friend? There are some verses that have to be read through that lens, but overall, the bible is to be read literally. There does have to be a balance. If you read every verse spiritually, everything is up for grabs. If you read every verse literally, the bible becomes wooden, rigid, stiff. But it needs to be read literally unless it is to be understood in a spiritual sense.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Rhetorical)

Of course God spiritualizes things, and it's at the heart of understanding what much of Jewish customs ultimately symbolized. But this does not mean that all literal things cease to exist, or that all literal interpretations of prophecy are no longer applicable.

Paul taught both a resurrection in Spirit and a resurrection in the flesh, did he not?

Btw, what's up with you lately? You seem to be starting fights with people before they've even responded yet. o_O *scratching head*

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

(Rhetorical)

And this doen't mean to spiritualize as in explain away something real and effective by making it conceptual and ethereal. Everything in reality has a spiritual force behind it. And many times even those forces have other forces above them.....allowing them to be at work. We so often see things in such a shallow way. But there is more to a thing than the human eye can see.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Rhetorical)

Acts 13:27
[27] For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him .

Even though they read every sabbath day...they knew Him not nor His voice which the prophets spoke. Spirit. John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28]

Spirit... “I know them” They hear my voice (Spirit) when I call. Spirit... “they follow Me” picking up their cross and following into the death (water burial) and resurrection (baptism of Fire)to walk in newness of Life (Spirit). John 6:63
[63] It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Reactions: ScottA

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is in the process of spiritualizing everything

Is he? One day when he judges the world yes he will, untill then we have to deal with a physical as well as a spiritual reality.

Is spiritualising wrong? Only if it stresses the spiritual when it should be dealing with the physical.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure how much luck you will have here if the Lawless can turn Don't be decieved little children into a race to the bottom. Ppl seeking to be "least in the kingdom" now, yikes

Hesitate to agree completely here. Matthew 20:26-27 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; [27] And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Consider 1 Peter 3:7
[7] Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Did He give Honour unto the wife...as heirs together of the grace of life in the Christ? Is flesh the weaker vessel? Did He give honor unto the weaker (flesh) vessel. The example is man as spiritual leader giving Honour(and strength) to the weaker vessel; the body. That is what God(Spirit) does ....is it not? The Spirit comes under and lifts. Giving Honor unto those weaker vessels: His body. In doing so He is also Cheif but not as man displays ...chief over all.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hesitate to agree completely here. Matthew 20:26-27 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; [27] And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Consider 1 Peter 3:7
[7] Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Did He give Honour unto the wife...as heirs together of the grace of life in the Christ? Is flesh the weaker vessel? Did He give honor unto the weaker (flesh) vessel. The example is man as spiritual leader giving Honour(and strength) to the weaker vessel; the body. That is what God(Spirit) does ....is it not? He comes under and lifts. Giving Honor unto those weaker vessels: His body. In doing so He is also Cheif but not as man displays ...chief over all.
i think that is obviously mixing parables, but let's look at the v again and you tell me which side you wanna be in ViJ

Matthew 5:19 Lexicon: "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“...but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Spirit keeps and teaches them...greatest in the Kingdom of God.

That is IN the kingdom though...what about without the kingdom of God? Galatians 5:14-15 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [15] But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Things appearing different then they are.
Colossians 3:14-15 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. [15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Peace appears as weakness to the world when peace overcomes the world?? What is least in the world greatest in the Kingdom?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have a lot to do today so before I forget. Forget for a second the debate of whether man is a hypocrite. Forget whether I am. There is one we know for certain was and is not a hypocrite.

Luke 22:27
[27] For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

who is greater, he that sits at meat?
Or he that serves.
He that serves has something to serve, yeah? He that sits eats.

“...but I am among you as he that serves.”

Consider mercy: flesh needs mercy. In the Spirit there is no condemnation. Spirit gives mercy. To serve mercy we have to have mercy? Acts 20:35-36
[35] I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. [36] And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all.

To teach or steer anyone away from servant is to teach flesh which says it is better to sit at the table to revive rather than have to give. Galatians 5:14
[14] For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is IN the kingdom though...what about without the kingdom of God? Galatians 5:14-15 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
which should pretty easily translate to "you must fulfill the law" however you slice it right. We don't keep the law bc we enjoy keeping laws, but bc they reflect on our neighbors. This is a call to do even more than the law requires if that is what is necessary, as outlined in "if he steals your shirt, give him your coat also"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What is least in the world greatest in the Kingdom?
Do we need to review the v again? The world is not mentioned in there at all, and neither is the Spirit

https://biblehub.com/lexicon/matthew/5-19.htm

New International Version
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

New Living Translation
So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

English Standard Version
Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Berean Study Bible
So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Berean Literal Bible
Whoever then shall break one of the least of these commandments and shall teach others the same, he will be called least in the kingdom of the

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Have a lot to do today so before I forget. Forget for a second the debate of whether man is a hypocrite. Forget whether I am. There is one we know for certain was and is not a hypocrite.

Luke 22:27
[27] For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

who is greater, he that sits at meat?
Or he that serves.
He that serves has something to serve, yeah? He that sits eats.

“...but I am among you as he that serves.”

Consider mercy: flesh needs mercy. In the Spirit there is no condemnation. Spirit gives mercy. To serve mercy we have to have mercy? Acts 20:35-36
[35] I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. [36] And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all.

To teach or steer anyone away from servant is to teach flesh which says it is better to sit at the table to revive rather than have to give. Galatians 5:14
[14] For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
so ignoring the law is now service to others, fine. Wadr I am done being distracted away from the obvious for today ok

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define "spiritualize."
It is not a word in the dictionary or in my vocabulary...so perhaps those who have taken it up as a weapon against the Spirit would like to give their definition.

I just know that it is the defense of many who speak against the fact that the words of Christ (meaning the scriptures) "are spirit", just as He said.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so ignoring the law is now service to others, fine. Wadr I am done being distracted away from the obvious for today ok

Luke 10:39-42
[39] And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. [40] But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. [41] And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: [42] But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

“But one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” Matthew 6:33
[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

That is all that was intended. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Which laws are you talking? “his righteousness” first.