God vs government

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
aspen2 said:
Most priests are innocent. Of course, it is horrible to be accused of a crime that you have not committed. However, I do not believe this scandal is about attacking the Catholic Church - it was brought on by sick/criminals who were acting in the role of the clergy. So far, you have only addressed the scandal as a conspiracy to take down the Church. Children have been hurt and their lives and spirituality have been shattered.
I don't need to speak on the children. The whole world is doing enough of that, so forgive me if I don't waste my time playing a broken record. It's not even anyone's business, them kids don't need the whole world looking at them in pity.

What I need to speak on is precisely what I have been speaking on. It's time to get down to brass tax, I'm tired of the facade of reactionist society.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are confusing the word 'reactionary' with 'empathy'.

You do not need me to pardon you.

I think you mean 'brass tacks'.

Finally, if 'pity' is all you can offer, rather than empathy, you are right - the kids do not need it.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
The real reason why the empathy is broadcast is to convict the accused. Other then that, noboy really cares. I don't see people speaking out about Muslim kids in Iraq or the poor in Ethiopia. I don't see that on every single daily news detail.

Count me out of that undermining agenda, I speak out against the lunacy and offer the reality of the issue.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
aspen2 said:
RJP - I think you are confusing my lack of shock over the state of the US with ignorance. I have no doubt that the world we live in is over-regulated, which is different than it used to be when we were free from antibiotics, technology, refrigeration and living past 50. The conclusion is life sucks in a different way today than it did yesterday AND life is great in the same way as it was yesterday if you live in obedience to Christ. One huge difference between you and me is that I am no longer surprised by the evil in the world and I do not believe that yelling that the sky is falling or that the emperor has no clothes is necessary (and certainly not helpful) when in fact, it is obvious! There is nothing fatalistic about allowing the dead to bury their own - I am interested in the living. My business is to build up God's kingdom by loving others, not recording the ups and downs of worldly government.

To me, worrying, complaining, being shocked about evil in the world is like being in awe of a traffic light turning from green to yellow to red. It is an exercise in short term memory loss

Most priests are innocent. Of course, it is horrible to be accused of a crime that you have not committed. However, I do not believe this scandal is about attacking the Catholic Church - it was brought on by sick/criminals who were acting in the role of the clergy. So far, you have only addressed the scandal as a conspiracy to take down the Church. Children have been hurt and their lives and spirituality have been shattered.
The Catholic church is not innocent, the higher authority has covered this up for decades, even those in the Catholic Church claim people need to be removed from such authority, this is not just about some disgusting priest preying on the young but the politics of this church to cover up such evil!

Nobody is "worrying and complaing" as you put it, but acknowledging the evil wrongs that are changing this country and world, Jesus Himself told us to look for such signs for His near return. The signs should encourage us, not scare us, the signs should remind us to keep our lamps full, our garments white, to have the ergency to evangelize.... An just be darn right excited about His near return...the one world order is being formed right before our eyes.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Ruth said:
The Catholic church is not innocent, the higher authority has covered this up for decades, even those in the Catholic Church claim people need to be removed from such authority, this is not just about some disgusting priest preying on the young but the politics of this church to cover up such evil!
The way you all act, it's not surprising that the Church would keep it from the public. Why would anyone want to stir up a band of rabid wolves? Because society acts like a bunch of mindless animals when it comes to these things.
Society is not innocent to be sitting there usurping some moral superiority. It is a wad of hypocrisy and false witness. The politics of the Church is to be Christian, not be what you want it to be. That's the real reason why people hate the Church, whether they choose to realize it or not. It doesn't cater to your worldly demands.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Your still defending perversion ....................
7045.gif

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
I will not stop speaking the truth. Defending perversion and showing this nonsense for what it is are two different things. Mechanisms such as those remarks to dissaude reality is something I am quite frankly sick of. You are not defending children, you are attacking the accused, and that is something that needs to be brought to light. I don't see anything but audacity, ignorance, and hypocrisy.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the truth needs no defense. The Catholic Church teaches purification of saved individuals before entrane to a wider salvation - it is consistent to believe that personal sin has a negative effect on the whole body of believers and must be cleansed, as well. To refuse to recognize and deal with institutionalize sin - whether it is sexual sin or pride is to accept the characterization of Christ when he referred to the pharisees as whitewashed tombs

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
the truth needs no defense. The Catholic Church teaches purification of
saved individuals before entrane to a wider salvation - it is
consistent to believe that personal sin has a negative effect on the
whole body of believers and must be cleansed, as well. To refuse to
recognize and deal with institutionalize sin - whether it is sexual sin
or pride is to accept the characterization of Christ when he referred to
the pharisees as whitewashed tombs
I love how people think the Church has a magical device which lets them know if a person is a pedophile or not.

Being ordained into the Church is not reversible unless they break their vows. A clergyman's savation becomes at stake when they do such a thing, and you all go on and on, like the defiled persecutors you all are, and continue.

A real Catholic wouldn't sit there and side with the world everytime something is wrong within certain clergy of the Church, that is simply cowardice. It's not the Church, but your refusal to understand. You'd rather convict then be holy, which is the Devil's work.

It's as if the main use of scripture these days is to justify cowardness or timidness. Nobody actually uses it for strength and integrity, though they masquerade as such. Save your petty convictions for the Lord when he asks you why you systematically turn your back to Church guidance everytime the Church and society ar enot in perfect harmony.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
SilenceInMotion said:
I love how people think the Church has a magical device which lets them know if a person is a pedophile or not.

Being ordained into the Church is not reversible unless they break their vows. A clergyman's savation becomes at stake when they do such a thing, and you all go on and on, like the defiled persecutors you all are, and continue.

A real Catholic wouldn't sit there and side with the world everytime something is wrong with the Church, that is simply cowardice. It's not the Church, but your refusal to understand. You'd rather convict then be holy, which is the Devil's work.
This -->> [I love how people think the Church has a magical device which lets them know if a person is a pedophile or not.]
followed by this -->> [Being ordained into the Church is not reversible unless they break their vows.]

Only proves it's man made an ordained contract, it also proves there is no difference between the laity and the leadership except a contract agreed upon by men.
Nothing but smoke and mirrors, and the deceived watch the little puffs of black and white smoke under the impression its god. What a demonstration of the foolishness and gullibility of men.

Lastly it demonstrates the magic succession you so proudly proclaim from Peter has absolutely no power or direction from God.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Rex said:
This -->> [I love how people think the Church has a magical device which lets them know if a person is a pedophile or not.]
followed by this -->> [Being ordained into the Church is not reversible unless they break their vows.]

Only proves it's man made an ordained contract, it also proves there is no difference between the laity and the leadership except a contract agreed upon by men.
Nothing but smoke and mirrors, and the deceived watch the little puffs of black and white smoke under the impression its god. What a demonstration of the foolishness and gullibility of men.

Lastly it demonstrates the magic succession you so proudly proclaim from Peter has absolutely no power or direction from God.
That's not proof of anything, that's just a Protestant named Rex snarling at a post with arbitrary conviction.

Between those such as yourself and a Catholic who acts like an Uncle Tom when Protestants are around, I see clearly where the smoke and mirrors are placed.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Ruth said:
Hi all, just read this, I do not think I am in agreement, would like your thoughts. Should Christians practice civil obedience over issues such as gay marriage, Obamas both control mandate?

I believe scripture teaches to submit to authority unless they call us to deny Christ. What unbelievers do is not my business, as far as birth control, nowhere in scripture does it say you can not practice this, and as far as your taxes paying for sinful things, well that already happens, and Jesus teaches pay your taxes.

Leaders at this week's National Religious Broadcasters conference warned Christians may soon be forced to practice civil disobedience.

Southern Baptist leader Richard Land and NRB board member Janet Parshall cited same-sex marriage and President Obama's birth control mandate as the reason why.

Land said those issues are non-negotiable, even at the cost of paying fines and going to jail.

Parshall said today's Christians may have to decide whether to "bow our knee" to government or to God.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/March/NRB-Christians-May-Have-to-Choose-God-over-Govt/

Yes, I believe that Christians should practice civil disobedience. If the law is wrong, a Christian should not be obligated to obey it. Back in the 1950s and 60s, segregation was legal in the south. Martin Luther King Jr. practiced civil disobedience as well as many other African Americans. Segregation was discrimination against African Americans and other minorities. Christians should follow God, not the world. If African Americans did not stand up against the evils of segregation, who did they expect to do it for them? Surely, not the government that passed it in the first place. It was Christianity that ended segregation in the south.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
Yes, I believe that Christians should practice civil disobedience. If the law is wrong, a Christian should not be obligated to obey it. Back in the 1950s and 60s, segregation was legal in the south. the 1500s Martin Luther King Jr. practiced civil disobedience as well as many other African Americans Christians. Segregation was discrimination against African Americans and other minorities. Freedom of religion was prohibited. Christians should follow God, not the world. If African Americans Christians did not stand up against the evils of a segregation, corrupted RC church who did they expect to do it for them? Surely, not the government corrupted church that passed it in the first place. It was Christianity that ended segregation in the south False witness to the world.
That should just about do it, thanks for the A OK on civil disobedience Selene

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Selene said:
It was Christianity that ended segregation in the south.
And Protestants started slavery, but where Protestants don't feel they need to be accountable for that, they try to make the Church accountable for what some Catholics did.

RIP anti-Catholics

Christianity also kept the entire Eastern world from collapsing the West, but that- that's just the Devil's work. Lol

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
That should just about do it, thanks for the A OK on civil disobedience Selene
The thing is Rex....Martin Luther was correct in standing up against the abuses that was taking place in the Church in GERMANY. The abuses of indulgences was NOT worldwide. It only took place in Germany. It's too bad that Martin Luther was not like Francis of Assissi. St. Francis also stood up against corruption in the Church, but he did not leave the Church. St. Francis loved the Church enough to stay and correct the abuses happening within her by a few priests. That was not so with Martin Luther.

Martin Luther King Jr. also did not leave America. He corrected what was wrong in the southern States and STAYED in America.

SilenceInMotion said:
Sometimes a good offense is the best defense.

And the Church has an entire letter along the lines of war and such. In fact, it may even be indoctrinated, but I'm not sure.
The Roman Catholic Church does have a doctrine on "Just War", which was developed by St. Augustine. It is also found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC 2302 - 2317).

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Selene said:
The Roman Catholic Church does have a doctrine on "Just War", which was developed by St. Augustine. It is also found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC 2302 - 2317).
I just recently got familiar with that, actually. Protestants hinge on Augustine more then any of the Church fathers, so it's funny that some would back out of his position on Just War.

These things go all the way back to the genesis of Christianity, and now that we live in a liberal age, some want to go back and say we were wrong for doing what had to be done in a far less liberal, even brutal, age.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
The apostles lived under Roman rule, the Roman kingdom permitted slavery, abortion, the Jews were treated like dirt....

What did apostle Paul teach to the Christians living in Rome, living under this dictatorship...

Romans 13

Respect for Authority

13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Ruth said:
The apostles lived under Roman rule, the Roman kingdom permitted slavery, abortion, the Jews were treated like dirt....

What did apostle Paul teach to the Christians living in Rome, living under this dictatorship...

Romans 13

Respect for Authority

13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.
The apostles also taught the following:

Acts 5:28-29 "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood." Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than human beings!

When a government goes against the commands of God, citizens are not obligated to obey the government. Even Christ called the Pharisees broods of vipers and hypocrites, and He was not obedient to them or their laws.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Selene said:
When a government goes against the commands of God, citizens are not obligated to obey the government. Even Christ called the Pharisees broods of vipers and hypocrites, and He was not obedient to them or their laws.
That's something you have to be careful about portraying though, because every prominent religion has extremists in it and Christianity is no exception. The Templars slaughtered entire villages of defenseless people because of their Shariah Law, and they ended up being exiled by both the Church and King Richard because, through their actions, they had caused the Crusades to become more bitter and bloody then they already were. In this modern age, there have been Christian extremists who have bombed abortion clinics, and have spread messages of hate.

When the time comes for action, those actions must be just. War must be just, protest must be just- the goal must be to save more lives in the long run and ensure peace. Violence in vain only reaps more violence.