God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I. CHURCH IS TO OVERCOME ANTICHRIST
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them (Antichrists): because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

II. CHURCH IS FROM WHICH ANTICHRIST ARISES
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us..."

III. THE "SON OF PERDITION" ARISES FROM WITHIN CHURCH AS DID THE OTHER "SON OF PERDITION" JUDAS
"...those that Thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."
The entire seven letters are written to the churches LOL And "Jew" is a symbolic term for Christian in Revelation.

It was written to the churches of then but prophetically to the seven church ages that would come.

You adding the antichrist to your post does not make it part of the verses.

Your claims fail.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was written to the churches of then but prophetically to the seven church ages that would come.

You adding the antichrist to your post does not make it part of the verses.

Your claims fail.
Everyone knows that the "Antichrist" is aka "Man of Sin" aka "Son of Perdition aka "Little Horn of Daniel" aka "First Beast of Revelation 13" aka "The Whore riding a Beast of Revelation 17", etc. Just ask the Great Protestant Reformers if you don't believe me and they'll tell you why they taught this exact same thing...

...they'll also question your sanity for being a non-Catholic who preaches the very Jesuit falsehoods that they themselves soundly overthrew by the Word of the Lord.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone knows that the "Antichrist" is aka "Man of Sin" aka "Son of Perdition aka "Little Horn of Daniel" aka "First Beast of Revelation 13" aka "The Whore riding a Beast of Revelation 17", etc. Just ask the Great Protestant Reformers if you don't believe me and they'll tell you why they taught this exact same thing...

...they'll also question your sanity for being a non-Catholic who preaches the very Jesuit falsehoods that they themselves soundly overthrew by the Word of the Lord.

I know who the AC is in the Bible. But none of those verses talk about the AC.

I don't need historical references, I have the Bible.

Get over the Jesuit nonsense. What I believe existed long before they did.

Reactions: Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know who the AC is in the Bible. But none of those verses talk about the AC.

I don't need historical references, I have the Bible.

Get over the Jesuit nonsense. What I believe existed long before they did.
Core, what you believe the world never heard of until the Jesuits manufactured it.

YOU STILL HAVE YET TO FIND JUST ONE ECF WHOSE INTERPRETATIONS MATCH YOURS.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nonsense. Christ and the apostles quote the Old Testament only... ah, yes they were Law-keepers, of course!

The Disciples were Jews, "Under the Law" (historical 4,000 year old laws of their fathers) Hearing "something new." They heard, they learned, they committed, they were sent out to spread "something new" to other Jews, also "Under the Law" (historical 4,000 year old laws of their fathers).

You do not seem to have much consideration, of the traveling of the disciples to spread "Jesus' Good News", Them in wonderment and questioning being told their Law was fulfilled, no longer necessary.

Of course the NT speaks of Jews teaching Jews, without running their 4,000 year old Laws of their fathers, through the shredder.

If you are NOT Jewish, what application is it to you, of Jews teaching Jews and their Laws being discussed?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if we obey Jesus and all His teachings, then we are following all the laws that are required of us to follow.

In peace

B

brakelite

The opposition to the laws of God are palpable, just by your rejection of them and renaming them guidelines... Suggestions... Or just for Jews... Or void altogether... Is stark evidence of your animosity toward them. Which one of you would claim all the priveliges of being a child of your earthly father and at the same time consider his authority over you irrelevant? Why do you reject God's authority? You call Him Lord. But how can He be your Lord when you search every means possible, both theologically and literally, to resist obedience to even the most basic of His commands... Do we make the law void by our faith? Nay, we establish the law.
Every earthly ruler has laws to given his subjects... Should not the ruler of the universe, who by His own wisdom and counsel sets up kings and deposes them according to His own will, also have laws to govern His own kingdom? Is not the rejection of such a concept as law in God's kingdom an act of treachery?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is not the rejection of such a concept as law in God's kingdom an act of treachery?

The greatest treachery is that which rejects the truth for a lie, than seeks to condemn the whole world through that lie.

B

brakelite

The animosity against the law in Christian circles I believe is due to a misunderstanding of what the law actually is. Christians correctly claim salvation by faith alone through grace alone. They correctly perceive that their own efforts to be righteous will fail. They also understand that their attempts to obey God's commandments are vain. And it is for those very reasons that God introduced the new covenant by which He writes those laws on our hearts and minds. What that means, is that for those with faith, those commandments become promises. Thou shalt not ceases to be an impossible command... It becomes a promise. The only thing that stands in the way of a Christian perfectly obeying God's commandments is his unbelief in those promises.
The covenants and promises of God are one and the same. After the flood God made a covenant with the birds and animals (Genesis 9:9-16) who made no promise in return... They simply received the favour from God's hand. This is all we can do. God promises are everything we need, even more than we can ask or think, as a gift. God's precepts are promises... They must be so because He knows we have no power. When he says"thou shalt not' we may take it as His assurance that if we but believe Him, He will preserve us from the sin against which He warns us.
It is not for us to do that which the Lord pleases... But His own word shall accomplish that which He pleases. We are not to read or hear the word of God and say, I must do that, or not do this. We are to open our heart to that word, that it may accomplish the will of God in us. The word itself does the work... We are to let it. Let the word of God dwell in us richly in all wisdom.
KJV 1 John 2
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
KJV Isaiah 55
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
KJV Luke 8
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
KJV Romans 3
24 Being justified (made righteous) freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

The best efforts of sinful man cannot produce righteousness. The only way is as a gift.

KJV Romans 5
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)...
KJV Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Thus our rejection of Gods laws, are really a rejection of His promise to make us like Himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We dont have to condemn you, that is what the law does, is it not you who has chosen it,,

Rom_7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

and it will continue to do so. As I have said, you would rather your religion and its doctrines to the truth.

Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

And all this - TRUTH - applies to Sabbath believers only; none of THIS - truth - applies to Mjrhealth. You would rather your religion and self-deceit to the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoneman777

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The greatest treachery is that which rejects the truth for a lie, than seeks to condemn the whole world through that lie.

Most treacherous is the person who rejects the truth for the lie of his own self, then by the same standard of his self-deception justifies the whole world lying in his lie.

Reactions: Phoneman777

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And all this - TRUTH - applies to Sabbath believers only; none of THIS - truth - applies to Mjrhealth. You would rather your religion and self-deceit to the truth.
Christ is not a religion He is a faith and the truth,

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

who did Moses give the law to, who did the law come by... you love your idols just like so many men and you hate it when they are reveled. And yet her you are dying in your sin, because that law that you have made an idol before you is condemning you to death, as it will do and can only do, you are just another man who loves his prison.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

who did Moses give the law to, who did the law come by... you love your idols just like so many men and you hate it when they are reveled. And yet her you are dying in your sin, because that law that you have made an idol before you is condemning you to death, as it will do and can only do, you are just another man who loves his prison.
So, the Bible says the EXACT SAME THING about God's Law as it says about God's character, and somehow you conclude that the one is good while the other is bad?

This kind of thinking is EXACTLY why so many people will wake up a thousand years too late, stand before the Great White Throne in the Judgment alongside drug pushers, child molesting priests, globalist elitest Luciferians, and have the audacity to say, "Lord Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name, etc., etc., etc.?

We all know what are the next words to drop from His lips..

Reactions: brakelite

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The animosity against the law in Christian circles I believe is due to a misunderstanding of what the law actually is. Christians correctly claim salvation by faith alone through grace alone. They correctly perceive that their own efforts to be righteous will fall. They also understand that their attempts to obey God's commandments are vain. And it for those very reasons that God introduced the new covenant by which He writes those laws on our hearts and minds. What that means, is that for those with faith, those commandments become promises. Thou shalt not ceases to be an impossible command... It becomes a promise. The only thing that stands in the way of a Christian perfectly obeying God's commandments is his unbelief in those promises.
The covenants and promises of God are one and the same. After the flood God made a covenant with the birds and animals (Genesis 9:9-16) who made no promise in return... They simply received the favour from God's hand. This is all we can do. God promises is everything we need, even more than we can ask or think, as a gift. God's precepts are promises... They must be so because He knows we have no power. When he says"thou shalt not' we may take it as His assurance that if we but believe Him, He will preserve is from the sin against which He warns us.
It is not us to do that which the Lord pleases... But His own word shall accomplish that which He pleases. We are not to read or hear the word of God and say, I must do that, or not do this. We are to open our heart to that word, that it may accomplish the will of God in us. The word itself does the work... We are to let it. Let the word of God dwell in us richly in all wisdom.
KJV 1 John 2
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
KJV Isaiah 55
11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
KJV Luke 8
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
KJV Romans 3
24 Being justified (made righteous) freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

The best efforts of sinful man cannot produce righteousness. The only way is as a gift.

KJV Romans 5
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)...
KJV Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Thus our rejection of Gods laws, are really a rejection of His promise to make us like Himself.
Excellent brother. To the vast majority of professing Christians who practice the "saccharin sentimentalism" of vain religious lip service and made up commandments of men, God's law is a despised, burdensome list of "thou shalt nots..."

...but, to those who actually love Jesus, they are a delightsome list of "What shall be..."

Reactions: Nancy and brakelite
B

brakelite

The animosity against the law in Christian circles I believe is due to a misunderstanding of what the law actually is. Christians correctly claim salvation by faith alone through grace alone. They correctly perceive that their own efforts to be righteous will fail. They also understand that their attempts to obey God's commandments are vain. And it is for those very reasons that God introduced the new covenant by which He writes those laws on our hearts and minds. What that means, is that for those with faith, those commandments become promises. Thou shalt not ceases to be an impossible command... It becomes a promise. The only thing that stands in the way of a Christian perfectly obeying God's commandments is his unbelief in those promises.
The covenants and promises of God are one and the same. After the flood God made a covenant with the birds and animals (Genesis 9:9-16) who made no promise in return... They simply received the favour from God's hand. This is all we can do. God promises are everything we need, even more than we can ask or think, as a gift. God's precepts are promises... They must be so because He knows we have no power. When he says"thou shalt not' we may take it as His assurance that if we but believe Him, He will preserve us from the sin against which He warns us.
It is not for us to do that which the Lord pleases... But His own word shall accomplish that which He pleases. We are not to read or hear the word of God and say, I must do that, or not do this. We are to open our heart to that word, that it may accomplish the will of God in us. The word itself does the work... We are to let it. Let the word of God dwell in us richly in all wisdom.
KJV 1 John 2
KJV Isaiah 55
KJV Luke 8
KJV Romans 3

KJV Romans 5
KJV Romans 8

@mjrhealth
I would very much like to know how or why you would disagree with any of the above. We shall continue our conversation here if you don't mind...leave the The Criteria of Antichrist for that topic. So, can you see where we are coming from taking the above into consideration?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Yours is a religion like everybody else's if not worse than any of 'theirs'.

As physical health laws won't help for mental jitters disorder, rather consult your shrink.
You will never make great. You need to be cured from the hallucination.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth
I would very much like to know how or why you would disagree with any of the above. We shall continue our conversation here if you don't mind...leave the The Criteria of Antichrist for that topic. So, can you see where we are coming from taking the above into consideration?

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

B

brakelite

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
The Galatians believed that their law keeping justified them. I do not believe that. None are justified by works of the law.
KJV Romans 6
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Have you faith in Christ? Is Christ the creator of all things? Does Christ have the power to make you a new creature in Him? Then you can believe that that new creature, united as he is with the divine, filled with the Spirit of the Almighty, can live in harmony with the laws of His God and Saviour. With men this is impossible, but with Christ, all things are possible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Galatians believed that their law keeping justified them. I do not believe that. None are justified by works of the law.
KJV Romans 6
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Have you faith in Christ? Is Christ the creator of all things? Does Christ have the power to make you a new creature in Him? Then you can believe that that new creature, united as he is with the divine, filled with the Spirit of the Almighty, can live in harmony with the laws of His God and Saviour. With men this is impossible, but with Christ, all things are possible.

You still miss the point, if you are a servant of sin, this bit just to remind you,

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

so you are eithe r
A. Righteousness by Grace through faith, by the works of Christ and are children of promise or
B. A sinner under the law which is not yours and so therefore condemned

which leads to

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

so you are either

A. Betrothed to Christ whom is your husband or
B. Married to the law, whom is not and never was your husband, making you an adulterer and to whom you must obet.

You cannot serve 2 master, you either love one or the other.

But knowing the wiles of the devils i can see the wheel going round the same endless circle.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

LAw sin.jpg