Gods is black and white according to John !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John writes in black and white with no room for gray. His perspective is clear and no room for anything in-between. Here are some of his contrasts:

Good/evil is seen in His writings by the following imagery of opposite’s.

Light/darkness. In addition to light/darkness, truth/lies, love/hate, life/death, righteousness/sin, children of light/children of darkness, children of God/children of the devil, sons of God, sons of the evil one, God/satan, Christ/anti-christ, obey/disobey, in the light/in the darkness, heaven/hell, fear/love, confess/deny, confess sin/deny sin, practice righteousness/practice sin, continue in sin/continue in righteousness, listen to us/not listen to us, spirit of truth/spirit of falsehood,

There are no shades of gray is Gods word !

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now lets examine what he says about love/hate and how he expounds on what it means to hate.

John 8:42-45
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

1 John 3:11-16
For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; 12 not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother’s were righteous.13 Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

So we know from Jesus and John that hate=murder in ones heart. A person who hates is guilty of murder just the same as a person who lusts is guilty of adultery.

hope this helps !!!