God's People & Other Gods

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of God's people have other gods before them, and go after these other gods. The children of Israel continued to go after other gods and God was grieved. The Lord says he sees the world, he sees the abuse, he sees the rejection, he sees the evil it is before his face every morning.

Many in the church are going after other things that make them feel loved, that make them feel comforted, other things to satisfy only what God can satisfy. We claim to have only one God but he can count the amount of gods that we actually have.

God wants a people, he longs for his bride to come, but it is his mercy which holds back his hand of wrath and holds back his hand of judgement because he wants us to get right with him. He stretches forth his hand to his people all the day long but his people don't always hear, they don't always see, and they don't always know, but he wants them to draw nigh unto him and be his people.

May the Lord forgive us for pride, forgive our arrogancey, forgive us for putting the cares of the world first, and for having a divided desire for him. May the Lord help us, that our desire would be for him and him alone, and not committing adultery with the worship of idols, entertainment, and what this world has to offer. To purge out whatever hinders us to come closer to him. Help us to be a clean vessel for his presence to dwell in. We want the miracles signs and wonders, but how can that flow through a polluted vessel. May the Lord purify us that we may be vessels of reverence and placing him first.

With the pandemic spreading "fear" today, many have surrendered to that spirit...

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Yes we must take precautions, but not "fearful"...

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

God Bless!

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the worst gods are the ones hidden within the camp:

"And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:
When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it." Joshua 7:20-21

Can we see that this relates directly to what is to be found in church groups today? Often these days they do not even try to hide them!

Reactions: user

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says the Creator is seeking those who worship HIM in SPIRIT and TRUTH.... few ever, anyplace, indeed, as written.

i.e. always at most a remnant....

Reactions: amadeus and user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the worst gods are the ones hidden within the camp:

"And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:
When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it." Joshua 7:20-21

Can we see that this relates directly to what is to be found in church groups today? Often these days they do not even try to hide them!

Yes I agree. You are absolutely correct!

God Bless!

Reactions: amadeus

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says the Creator is seeking those who worship HIM in SPIRIT and TRUTH.... few ever, anyplace, indeed, as written.

i.e. always at most a remnant....

Good point. Many times when the Lord begins to show us TRUTH, he takes us where he himself has walked, we let go of his hand and begin to justify ourselfs.

Jesus was perfected by the things that he suffered...

Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Many times we want to run from those who things which should have perfected us...

Zechariah 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. [11] For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

Again, good point. Thanks.
God Bless!

Reactions: amadeus