God's Purpose for the Earth has not changed!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim was the name used when He created the world, which indicates His relation to mankind as His creatures.
Jehovah is the same God in covenant relation to those whom He has created.
Jah is Jehovah in a special sense and relation.
El is the name for God as omnipotent
Eloah is Elohim, Who is to be worshipped, it is God in connection with His will, the living God in contrast to idols.
Elyon is God as possessor of the heaven and the earth.
Shaddai is God all-bountiful, the giver, who can supply all our needs.
Adon, is one of three titles Adonai, Adonim, all denoting His headship in various aspects.

* These are all Old Testament titles, there are more in the New Testament.

One ONE name.
He said it would be his name FOREVER.
The first- and the abbreviation.
The rest are Titles, not names.

Why the Reluctance?
"Jehovah" was around LONG before we existed!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks. The Double Standards put me off...

You do know that if you flood this Site with all your Jehovah Witness spamming you will find yourself suspended again.

You don't even post courteously when you do post. You are arrogant and post with a hammer in your hand.

Pity, you could 'add' to this site and have interesting discussions..but your proud attitude is your worst enemy.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah is the same God in covenant relation to those whom He has created
Very good on the name list. I commend you. but on this PERSONAL name "Jehovah" how did it come about.

I know how Jesus came by transliteration, and NOT BY TRANSLATION, from Hebrew, Yeshua through the Greek Strong's 2424 Ἰησοῦς (Iésous) until it got to English "JESUS". but if you know, (and if you don't, that's ok), but if so, can you elaborate a little as the name Jehovah came about.

thanks in advance.

PCY.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite likely.
I used to be a Brain-Dead Catholic- utterly believing their Drivel without ever Questioning any of it.....until JWs came to my door.....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite likely.
I used to be a Brain-Dead Catholic- utterly believing their Drivel without ever Questioning any of it.....until JWs came to my door.....
and what did they do? jumping from the frying pan into the fire is not a smart move.

so what bill of Good did they sell you?.

PCY

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Quite likely.

so now you are a brain dead nothing since Jesus is Jehovah and His witnesses are the true Jehovah witnesses - so you are brain-dead witness to nobody - twinc

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theQuestion,
@101G
@amadeus
@ScottA
@VictoryinJesus
@"ByGrace"
@twinc
@truthquest

Hello @theQuestion,

Thank you for the verses in your OP - (Isa. 55:10, Ecc.1:4; Psa. 37:11; Matt.5:5; 2 Pet.3:13; Rev.11:18; Rev.21:1,5).
No, God's purpose for the Earth has not changed. All that He has purposed will come to pass.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Much of the misunderstanding about the earth, is not realizing that the created world is but a revelation, a mere manifestation of things on high. Just as all things have come into being, they will also go. It is not what is seen that will remain, but what is unseen, and even then, only what God has chosen. All that is evil and has come against God, comes to an end. So it is written.