Good News?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again.... you form conclusions out of thin air and make grotesque caricatures and prejudices.

Bit dramatic, don’t you think? Grotesque caricatures and prejudices! Wow! You got that from “something tells me .......”

I think you might be shortsighted about the faults of your team - is that true? And have you ever been to an Emergent Church?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, who hasn’t?

You’re statement seems to show a lack of perspective.

It is sort of like believing that poor people are lazy because they are poor. When in fact, the majority of people work hard, and only some get paid for their work
You completely misunderstand. If a person was heavily into philosophy, new age, and the occult before coming to Christ, then they are going to be more sensitive to those ruts in the road when they come up and warn people about them...more than one who hasn't.
So why are we jumping on brothers who exercise that gifting, when those who are gifted in another area, like encouraging, get a pass?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of your unloving , intolerant statements towards them.

Here’s the deal. You like to fight. You’ve proven this statement time and time again across this board, I do not like to fight. So we have hit a crossroads. Good day

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You completely misunderstand. If a person was heavily into philosophy, new age, and the occult before coming to Christ, then they are going to be more sensitive to those ruts in the road when they come up and warn people about them...more than one who hasn't.
So why are we jumping on brothers who exercise that gifting, when those who are gifted in another area, like encouraging, get a pass?

Not jumping. Just trying to understand. Thanks for explaining

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, who hasn’t?

You’re statement seems to show a lack of perspective.

It is sort of like believing that poor people are lazy because they are poor. When in fact, the majority of people work hard, and only some get paid for their work

Many haven't been down the different roads which have the true potential to shipwreck someone's faith.

And even if you or another has worked their way throught the errors of _________ , and come out the other side OK, the Bible still warns about those who would shipwreck someone's faith, and that by wrong teaching.

Someone who has believed in the same Jesus, received the same reconciliation, has been born from above, who, before getting a good grounding in the Word, fell after some smooth talking 'teacher of the faith' who filled their minds with such nonesense, thinks like, that you can't just read the Bible and expect to know what it means, someone enlightened has to explain it to you. And there are many other guises.

I'm just saying, I've seen the works of these 'teachers of the faith', the people whose faith becomes stuck on a rock in the middle of the ocean.

Much love!

Reactions: prism and aspen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings to all in Christ Jesus! The 7th hour has always been a good hour to me. Perhaps if we all went down in prayer as One, changes would occur on these boards. Tonight I will take a few minutes to pray for this board. It will be at 7pm eastern time in the US. My Father always hears my words and my petitions, but it really would be nice to hear The Body as One voice and of One accord.
Awesome, I am also on EST so, I will be praying in agreement. Our prayers should be going up to Him at the same time! Just awesome. ♥
I love this forum and those who are on it. If it were to be taken over by Satan and his little helpers, it would break my heart. He CANNOT have this forum, our prayers WILL be answered AMEN!

Reactions: GTW27 and aspen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not jumping. Just trying to understand. Thanks for explaining
That's a funny way of "Just trying to understand" when you say something like this, "You’re statement seems to show a lack of perspective."
But, I'll accept your statement as sincere.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@prism
amadeus said:
"This presumes that you recognize satan's voice as opposed to God voice... and it presumes it is God's will for you to speak, does it not?"
prism said:
Having been a Christian for 44 years and in His Word I have become quite accustomed to His voice. Plus the fact as a born again Christian I have the Author of Scripture aiding in discernment. God has gifted us differently and with unique burdens.

Praise the Lord for your time spent with Him. I am glad that you always recognize His voice and hopefully pay close attention when you do.
amadeus said:
If we are in doubt, is it not better to remain silent?
That depends. If it is something like the timing of the rapture, I'll give my opinion but if I am addressing an attack against the veracity of God's Word...NO! IOW there are some things I am sure of.
If we really are in any measure really believers in God and His Son, there some things we really do know and some things we only believe that we know. Herein lies probably the difference between various believers in God and in the various denominations. We are unable to always know which ones are definitely known as opposed to those that are only believed.

The individual who never quenches the Holy Spirit will never lack for the right words or the right time to remain silent... The problem is most or even all churches [denominations] regularly teach and practice quenching the Holy Spirit in their services and in their walk with God. As a result when they do go astray they quite often are deluded because they have come to love all of that which they hold out as truth rather than what truth really is. Who has never quenched the Holy Spirit since they first met God? Who has always in every moment and every decision since meeting God has never sinned? Do our past correct actions according to God assure us that we will never make another mistake [sin again]?

amadeus said:
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
prism said:
?? SO??

God's time? "... nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39
amadeus said:
"...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

I don't always speak. Again so?

And neither you nor I have ever opened our mouth to speak when God really wanted us to remain silent, right?
amadeus said:
Jesus knew when it was time to remain silent. Do we always? If we are in doubt is it not better to remain silent?
"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14

Jesus knew when it was time to remain silent. Do we always? If we are in doubt is it not better to remain silent?

prism said:
Jesus IS THE TRUTH .
Yes, Jesus is the Truth, but how well do any one of us know Him? How well do we see Him now... or are we along with Paul when he wrote I Cor 13 still seeing as through a glass darkly? When we step out in faith toward that which we cannot see, is it not best to be sure we are following the Holy Spirit rather than some other spirit? Anyone who ever quenches the Holy Spirit is likely at times to be following some blind leader in a ditch... or?

I don't play the Christian meditative game, if that's what you mean. As Christians we are called to PROCLAIM!
Certainly, proclaim the Truth, Jesus, when you know him, but how well do any of us know him when we are in the midst of a stumble or we have been quenching the Holy Spirit?
amadeus said:
His sheep know His voice as opposed to the other, but when is it God's will to speak and when is it His will for us to be silent? This is why we must know His voice.
I know His voice and it's not that of a Zen Buddhist.
Or did Paul not know Jesus?
Acts 17:2 (KJV) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
We are not speaking of Paul who has already finished course, but you and I who are still walking. When we are blind and/or deaf how far astray can we go it alone supposedly toward Him? Paul did not claim flawless vison here, did he?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Are we now seeing more clearly than Paul was when he wrote those words or than he did as he continued his walk toward the end of his course?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That verse there in Jude is indeed searching...
This thread was supposed to be about "the Good News" -- the GOSPEL. But as usual almost everyone is off on a tangent. So here is an acronym for the Gospel.

G = GOD

O = OFFERS

S = SALVATION

P = PEACE

E = ELECTION

L = LOVE

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. I tend to see love as the ultimate truth - if it is present, the necessary facts emerge and falsehood falls away
Have you ever seen cults 'love' people into hell? I have.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a funny way of "Just trying to understand" when you say something like this, "You’re statement seems to show a lack of perspective."
But, I'll accept your statement as sincere.

I am a funny guy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here’s the deal. You like to fight. You’ve proven this statement time and time again across this board, I do not like to fight. So we have hit a crossroads. Good day

Ive just been scrolling through the posts since last night.

I noticed how quickly a positive thread was turned into 'Bad News.'

But, God sees the hearts , and He recognises the hearts which reflect Himself.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Gospel means 'good news'.:)

True, but what I was saying was, 'some people' , by their posts, do not like the Good News...and decry those who do.
Even though there are hundreds of other threads to chirp in...they just have to try and pull the plug on anything good or positive...turning it negative. .

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not Biblical love. It is hedonism and controlling behavior
But their victims don't know the difference. I've seen it too. Oh, and not always hedonism. They can maintain a high "religious" standard.

I lived with a "love" cult for a short time, they claimed to be the New Israel. Taught straight from Scripture!

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But their victims don't know the difference. I've seen it too. Oh, and not always hedonism. They can maintain a high "religious" standard.

I lived with a "love" cult for a short time, they claimed to be the New Israel. Taught straight from Scripture!

Much love!
I sometimes think of Tina Turner: "What's love got to do with it?"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive just been scrolling through the posts since last night.

I noticed how quickly a positive thread was turned into 'Bad News.'

But, God sees the hearts , and He recognises the hearts which reflect Himself.
Now, you know all these threads go sideways after a while, right?

Hugs and love!