Gossip...what purpose does have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the landscape accurately is useful and helpful. My comment in post #33 was sarcastic!......do you wonder why I resorted to this?
my best guess is probably cause you tired of either hearing it or seeing folks bicker all the time .
But sin and error must be exposed .
BELIEVE ME , I HAD MUCH RATHER folks just be living IN TRUTH and LOVING IT . WHAT JOY THERE COULD BE
and believe me i have great JOY when i see folks speaking and living in TRUTH .
BUt correction IS a DIRE NECESSITY . While i dont feel JOY DOING IT . ITS NECESSARY .
NOW , lift those hands , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the building and ROUND the WORLD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didnt watch your video, because you are not going to sing that to a hurting person, who is needing God's Salvation.
I'm not?.....do you mean your protracted song in various threads, is not a song?

Jesus said to his disciples 'are you still so dull' Matt 15:16 ....why did he resort to this? ......because he was frustrated with spoon feeding them at every turn.
Think, think, think!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the landscape accurately is useful and helpful. My comment in post #33 was sarcastic!......do you wonder why I resorted to this?
My problem really aint a problem , though some folks might see it that way .
But GOD PUT ME IN ONE BOOK . THE BIBLE and HE taught me in IT .
IT aint my fault i sound so different that todays gel haired preachers who are destroying their churches .
ITS THEIR FAULT .
THEY should have submitted unto GOD , THEY should have loved the TRUTH in that bible
and learned it well . THEN THEIR CHURCHES would not be in such shambles .
And i would not have to warn out NEAR as much as i have to .
OH sure there will alway be problems , but man this is a total nightmare
what has been allowed to happen within so many churches .
IF WE LOVE the PEOPLE we gotta DO SOMETHING .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Gossip will keep you out of the Kingdom of God. Gossip comes from an impure heart, and love does not gossip.

Matthew 12
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Amen!!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we deal with the following conundrum? The title 'Satan' means accuser. It does not only include false accusations, it also includes accusation which are true.
a) The post was directed at @amigo, not you.
b) Are you claiming that Satan tells the truth? Jesus thought otherwise...

"You people are from your father the devil, and you want to do what your father desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my best guess is probably cause you tired of either hearing it or seeing folks bicker all the time .
But sin and error must be exposed .
BELIEVE ME , I HAD MUCH RATHER folks just be living IN TRUTH and LOVING IT . WHAT JOY THERE COULD BE
and believe me i have great JOY when i see folks speaking and living in TRUTH .
BUt correction IS a DIRE NECESSITY . While i dont feel JOY DOING IT . ITS NECESSARY .
NOW , lift those hands , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the building and ROUND the WORLD .
You're kidding yourself! You clearly feel some sort of strange joy "correcting" others, including Christians, without considering your behavior. It is a strange form of self-glorification, the opposite of "washing the feet" of others.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My problem really aint a problem , though some folks might see it that way .
But GOD PUT ME IN ONE BOOK . THE BIBLE and HE taught me in IT .
IT aint my fault i sound so different that todays gel haired preachers who are destroying their churches .
ITS THEIR FAULT .
THEY should have submitted unto GOD , THEY should have loved the TRUTH in that bible
and learned it well . THEN THEIR CHURCHES would not be in such shambles .
And i would not have to warn out NEAR as much as i have to .
OH sure there will alway be problems , but man this is a total nightmare
what has been allowed to happen within so many churches .
IF WE LOVE the PEOPLE we gotta DO SOMETHING .
"My problem really aint a problem" is total denial!

And now you're talking about "gel haired preachers" who are destroying their churches? Seriously???

And you "would not have to warn out NEAR as much as i have to"? You have a compulsion to judge everyone but yourself. That is spiritual blindness, a.k.a. self-righteous delusion.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's more about how God sees gossip, which includes whisperers and backbiters.

Romans 1
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32]Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My problem really aint a problem" is total denial!

And now you're talking about "gel haired preachers" who are destroying their churches? Seriously???

And you "would not have to warn out NEAR as much as i have to"? You have a compulsion to judge everyone but yourself. That is spiritual blindness, a.k.a. self-righteous delusion.
Here is another reminder for ya jim .
Imagine its a nice clear day , kind of cold . There is a nice ice pond on which the children do love to skate .
NOW VISUALIZE THIS PLEASE .
Thawing has been occuring and i notice its all thin ice that might break through .
HERE come some children
OH how they just LOVE to skate on the ice .
SO , i just sit there and decide to let them continue to head towards the ice .
Another man quickly gets up and hollers to the children , NO wait there is thin ice .
BUT i stop him and say DONT JUDGE , the kids just want to skate . let them be
They get closer and another jumps up and says WAIT , that ice is thin , its dangerous ,
BUT AGAIN i get up and stop him and say STOP HATER , YOU JUDGE TOO MUCH
you just need to let those kids be and Love on them and encourage them .
So the kids get on the ice , AND FOR SURE and FOR CERTAIN IT BUSTS THROUGH and they all drown .
TELL ME JIM , was i the one who loved the children and just let them drown
OR was it the other men who truly loved them and yet I STOPPED THEM FROM WARNING THE CHILDREN .
EXACTLY JIM . SEEKER FRIENDLY IS A LIE FROM SATAN and the SOCIAL GOSPEL IS DEAD END BAD NEWS .
SIN IS SIN JIM . IF folks are living n sin and thinking all is well , and that they know CHRIST ,
WHAT A ROUGH END FOR THEM .
I AM GONNA warn JIM . TRY IT SOME TIME instead of trying to holler at those who do .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another reminder for ya jim .
Imagine its a nice clear day , kind of cold . There is a nice ice pond on which the children do love to skate .
NOW VISUALIZE THIS PLEASE .
Thawing has been occuring and i notice its all thin ice that might break through .
HERE come some children
OH how they just LOVE to skate on the ice .
SO , i just sit there and decide to let them continue to head towards the ice .
Another man quickly gets up and hollers to the children , NO wait there is thin ice .
BUT i stop him and say DONT JUDGE , the kids just want to skate . let them be
They get closer and another jumps up and says WAIT , that ice is thin , its dangerous ,
BUT AGAIN i get up and stop him and say STOP HATER , YOU JUDGE TOO MUCH
you just need to let those kids be and Love on them and encourage them .
So the kids get on the ice , AND FOR SURE and FOR CERTAIN IT BUSTS THROUGH and they all drown .
TELL ME JIM , was i the one who loved the children and just let them drown
OR was it the other men who truly loved them and yet I STOPPED THEM FROM WARNING THE CHILDREN .
EXACTLY JIM . SEEKER FRIENDLY IS A LIE FROM SATAN and the SOCIAL GOSPEL IS DEAD END BAD NEWS .
SIN IS SIN JIM . IF folks are living n sin and thinking all is well , and that they know CHRIST ,
WHAT A ROUGH END FOR THEM .
I AM GONNA warn JIM . TRY IT SOME TIME instead of trying to holler at those who do .
Well, I had a good laugh at your silly story! Thanks!

Of course there are serious problems with your analogy...

The people whom you accuse are not children, they are rational adults. But you treat them like children. You posit yourself as being their guardian, but you just rant on and on. I'm sure you're familiar with the story of the boy who cried "wolf". By the time the wolf came, nobody took him seriously.

Your analogy to thin ice on a lake is absurd. A much better approach would be to tell people -- adults -- that you really care about them and want their lives to be far better than they are now. They are NOT naive children and it is very telling that you regard them as being that way! You posit yourself as their guardian, but you are not! You are a judgmental alarmist!!!

And you rant about the "social gospel" without ever defining it. "The Social Gospel is a social movement within Protestantism that aims to apply Christian ethics to social problems, especially issues of social justice such as economic inequality, poverty, alcoholism, crime, racial tensions, slums, unclean environment, child labor, lack of unionization, poor schools, and the dangers of war." (source: wikipedia) Are you really opposed to applying Christian ethics to social problems? Your silly analogy above shows that you actually agree with the social gospel!!! Yet you call it "DEAD END BAD NEWS". Are you out of your mind?

I have no idea what "SEEKER FRIENDLY IS A LIE FROM SATAN" even means! Is being friendly with people who are seeking the truth a lie from Satan? Here is what Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) THAT IS THE GOSPEL AND IS CLEARLY "SEEKER FRIENDLY"!!! So whom should seekers listen to, you or Jesus Christ! THE ANSWER IS BEYOND OBVIOUS!

Once again, you are trying to justify your behavior because you like to think of yourself as some kind of hero who is warning children not to fall through thin ice. That is alarmist nonsense!!! You're not focusing on others, you are bragging about being the big hero. There is one BIG problem: You are a hero in your eyes only!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I asked you how you would help a lost sinner become a child of God.
You posted a song video, and now you just posted a word salad that makes no sense.
Be assured Behold, it makes sense, it's just that you don't understand......think, think, think......laterally!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a) The post was directed at @amigo, not you.
b) Are you claiming that Satan tells the truth? Jesus thought otherwise...

"You people are from your father the devil, and you want to do what your father desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44
a) would you prefer I didn't respond?
b) no, I'm not claiming that. I am saying he holds the title of accuser, not Jesus.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The people whom you accuse are not children, they are rational adults. But you treat them like children. You posit yourself as being their guardian, but you just rant on and on. I'm sure you're familiar with the story of the boy who cried "wolf". By the time the wolf came, nobody took him seriously.

Your analogy to thin ice on a lake is absurd. A much better approach would be to tell people -- adults -- that you really care about them and want their lives to be far better than they are now. They are NOT naive children and it is very telling that you regard them as being that way! You posit yourself as their guardian, but you are not! You are a judgmental alarmist!!!

And you rant about the "social gospel" without ever defining it. "The Social Gospel is a social movement within Protestantism that aims to apply Christian ethics to social problems, especially issues of social justice such as economic inequality, poverty, alcoholism, crime, racial tensions, slums, unclean environment, child labor, lack of unionization, poor schools, and the dangers of war." (source: wikipedia) Are you really opposed to applying Christian ethics to social problems? Your silly analogy above shows that you actually agree with the social gospel!!! Yet you call it "DEAD END BAD NEWS". Are you out of your mind?

I have no idea what "SEEKER FRIENDLY IS A LIE FROM SATAN" even means! Is being friendly with people who are seeking the truth a lie from Satan? Here is what Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) THAT IS THE GOSPEL AND IS CLEARLY "SEEKER FRIENDLY"!!! So whom should seekers listen to, you or Jesus Christ! THE ANSWER IS BEYOND OBVIOUS!

Once again, you are trying to justify your behavior because you like to think of yourself as some kind of hero who is warning children not to fall through thin ice. That is alarmist nonsense!!! You're not focusing on others, you are bragging about being the big hero. There is one BIG problem: You are a hero in your eyes only!

Nope the people whom i speak about are lost in darkness of their sin .
And todays seeker friendly social gospel AINT helping them or loving them .
You just dont like the simple truth .

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, Gossip will keep you out of the Kingdom of God. Gossip comes from an impure heart, and love does not gossip.

Matthew 12
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
The original idea of gossip was to share difficulties of others with family, friends and the church for the purpose of bringing everyone together to help and pray for the one in distress. It was part of the edict to love one another.

Then Satan got into the mix, promoting MALICIOUS gossip. Whenever God provides something good, Satan is not far behind turning that which was intended for good into evil.
You are a hater! Thanks for finally admitting it!

Paul wrote this about idolaters: "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those who by their injustice suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. Ever since the creation of the world God’s eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been seen and understood through the things God has made. So they are without excuse, for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling a mortal human or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles." Romans 1:18-23

Of course, you and other people with an anti-LGBTQ agenda misapply what Paul wrote about, thereby distorting God's word to suit your hateful agenda.

Here is everything that Jesus said about homosexuality: " ........................................ " (NOTHING!)

Seems that Jesus was absolutely clear in His final Revelation:

…7The one who overcomes will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son. 8But to the cowardly andunbelieving and abominable andmurderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, theirplace will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. Rev 21