Got modded on Christianforums for...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also think doughty did a great job of getting the ads fine tuned too. He promised he was working on it and he did. Haven’t seen any tarot ads and such after those first few days.

I don't know how the Liberal mods took control of CF the way they did, but if you want to keep what you have here, we all had better keep an eye on it! All it takes is one with an agenda or an attitude, that will attract more and so on.

The owners are not always in sync with what's going on, and it can be the other way around too!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how the Liberal mods took control of CF the way they did, but if you want to keep what you have here, we all had better keep an eye on it! All it takes is one with an agenda or an attitude, that will attract more and so on.

The owners are not always in sync with what's going on, and it can be the other way around too!
To be honest I would love not to have any political threads on this site. They cause too much strife and division.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think CF is probably the largest Christian site on the internet, or at least the largest I've seen.

I'm not sure either if it's the old or new owner that is associated with CF.

I just hope the censorship on CF doesn't end up here!

I think bibleforums.org used to be the biggest. They became truly awful in their moderation. I saw them ban a guy for preaching the whole gospel, I’m not kidding. If you start letting the biggest donators run the show, it goes downhill fast. The last time I looked up the site, they were gone, disappeared. I actually prefer the ads rather than a banner under names to distinguish who has donated money from who hasn’t. I’m not against donations, but if someone put a banner under my name announcing that I’d donated, I’d be mad about it. It just feels icky to me, like…giving honor to the wealthiest.
I think a site like this is only as good as their moderators and admin. And however they have hit gold in that here, I don’t know, but they’ve nailed it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty easy to stay out of them, no?

mmm…actually, I don’t think she can just stay out of them…she’s a moderator. It’s kind of her job to moderate when necessary. She can probably figure out if a thread needs to be watched based just even on the title of it!
You or I can pretty easy just stay out of them but a moderator can’t.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mmm…actually, I don’t think she can just stay out of them…she’s a moderator. It’s kind of her job to moderate when necessary. She can probably figure out if a thread needs to be watched based just even on the title of it!
You or I can pretty easy just stay out of them but a moderator can’t.

Apologies! I missed that fact. Mods have the worst jobs by far, made even more difficult when an Owner is absent or worse-- inconsistent and biased.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apologies! I missed that fact. Mods have the worst jobs by far, made even more difficult when an Owner is absent or worse-- inconsistent and biased.

oh my gosh yes, I sure wouldn’t want the job, although I sure do appreciate them. I can’t even imagine having to go into thread after thread of the same thing over and over again by the same person. I know you have to be patient with people still carnal and ruled by their flesh and you have to keep aware that you were once in that same place, but it surely takes a special person to be able to traverse that while also not letting their own flesh be stirred up by it.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s why I don’t moderate and I’m an active poster on mine :) My goal is for members to take personal responsibility for the forum and respect one another .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh my gosh yes, I sure wouldn’t want the job, although I sure do appreciate them. I can’t even imagine having to go into thread after thread of the same thing over and over again by the same person. I know you have to be patient with people still carnal and ruled by their flesh and you have to keep aware that you were once in that same place, but it surely takes a special person to be able to traverse that while also not letting their own flesh be stirred up by it.
Thank you, sister for your compassion, wisdom, and understanding concerning mod duties. It has been an adventure for me for sure. I have never enjoyed reprimanding another adult about their behavior whether here on the site or out in the world. Before I became a moderator I would grieve over how members talked to each other....and like a "mother" would do I would plead for them to let Godly peace and love rule in their hearts when posting replies to each other. ...
Sometimes it worked!:eek:
For a little while.....
I don't know how other forums deal with reports on their sites but on this site each and every report is reviewed, investigated thoroughly and measured against forum rules.
Whatever action taken on the member who got reported is not and can not be discussed openly...not even with the person who reported them.
But as concerning CF.... that was the first CHristian forum I joined...I met some beautiful people there, became very close to a couple of them (@Mayflower, @Hidden In Him and 1 other). But as time went on the haters began to gather in numbers to come against me and my posts on certain topics. I think I received 3 warnings....for expressing my thoughts and beliefs freely and without bias....on a political forum and a prophecy forum...anyway I left and came here...and stayed.:)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imho it’s better to just leave . I’m on 3 forums plus my own . I’m going to be leaving the one I’ve been on the longest ( 20 ) years CARM for moderator issues . As a Calvinist for 95% of that time a could say and do most anything and never get banned . Now as a non Calvinist I get banned every week and I’m nicer now and only attack the arguments. So I’m growing tired of fighting it since I now have a target on my back lol . And it does no good to complain I get banned for that now too . So it’s turned into a lose lose situation.
A new record yesterday I lasted 2 hours before getting banned and all I did was defend a thread I started ( longest one in CARM with 12k posts ) on Jesus not receiving wrath from the Father . I was defending that position and was banned . I said nothing about another person or that they were wrong . Ridiculous.

When I’m reinstated I’m tagging the moderators in a post asking them to remove me as a member and the posts / threads I started . The irony is on the Arminian / Calvinist forum it’s the treads I started that are the active ones lol .

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know I need a moderator, any good site needs moderators.
But what is good mederation?
One thread spun far out of control before action was taken and that was to lock the thread so no more postings there.
How the moderators could have stopped the spinning out of control I don't know.

Alfredthefifth

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new record yesterday I lasted 2 hours before getting banned and all I did was defend a thread I started ( longest one in CARM with 12k posts ) on Jesus not receiving wrath from the Father . I was defending that position and was banned . I said nothing about another person or that they were wrong . Ridiculous.

When I’m reinstated I’m tagging the moderators in a post asking them to remove me as a member and the posts / threads I started . The irony is on the Arminian / Calvinist forum it’s the treads I started that are the active ones lol .

Id never been to the site but I went and found your thread. Im guessing… they maybe didn’t like you saying that our trust in God is of ourselves? I can see how that could disturb people.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...calling Joe Biden a liar. How woke is CF in your opinion?

*Modded not "nodded" haha
That place is evil. The spirit told me not to use that site. It is unfortunate that that site is what comes up first on most searches engines. I couldn't believe the people there, how horrible they were. You can't share the gospel, You have to accept homosexuality as something righteous, you have to embrace liberal politics that support abortion. Satan is hard at work. Woke is an understatement.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I need a moderator, any good site needs moderators.
But what is good mederation?
One thread spun far out of control before action was taken and that was to lock the thread so no more postings there.
How the moderators could have stopped the spinning out of control I don't know.

Alfredthefifth
As for myself if I am browsing through forums I will click on one who's thread title may indicate a need for intervention.
When a member reports a post I can go directly to that thread and investigate the report.
So only posts that are reported are certain to be addressed...others are because they are discovered by happenstance.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That place is evil. The spirit told me not to use that site. It is unfortunate that that site is what comes up first on most searches engines. I couldn't believe the people there, how horrible they were. You can't share the gospel, You have to accept homosexuality as something righteous, you have to embrace liberal politics that support abortion. Satan is hard at work. Woke is an understatement.

If you want to see the worst of them all, go to City Data Christian forum. Neither of the 2 mods there are Christians.

Each forum has a mod, the Judaist forum, the Atheist forum, and so on.

The Atheists can come to the Christian forum and say whatever they want, but if a Christian goes to the Atheist forum and does not agree with them, you are cut off for 24 hours. If you say anything at all from scripture about the Jews on the Judaist forum you are cut off for 24 hours.

The 2 mods on the Christian forum will tell you it's not a Christian forum, but the title is Christian forum.

One of the Atheist there messaged me wishing I would die, nothing was said. Talk about an evil spirit, you will definitely witness it there.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

It sounds like the world.

I’m not disagreeing with your conclusion, nor with your decision, but the thought occurs to me that the light needs to shine in the world / that place / CF. It shouldn’t be surprising that the world / that place / CF doesn’t welcome it, but doesn’t it need it?

Internet discussion forum “martyrdom” is an extremely light burden to bear; barely worthy of the martyrdom label.