Grace Does Not Cover Unbelief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "I say therefore unto you (The Pharisees) that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

Jesus was trying to convince the Pharisees that he was God, they didn't believe that he was. They said, "Is this not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brothers James, Joses. and Simon, and Judas? and his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then has this man all of these things? Matthew 13:55-56.

In spite of all the miracles that Jesus did they could not believe that he was God. After Jesus raised Lazurus from the dead they decided that the only thing that they could do was to kill him.

There are many professing Christians that do not believe that Jesus is God. They are unbelievers. No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world. Only God can atone for the sins of the whole world. Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 3:17.

To not believe that Jesus is God causes many to turn to religion. Religion is man's effort to try and save himself by the works of the law. Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn, not save or justify, yet there are multitudes that believe that they must keep the law and the commandments, or they will not be saved. It is just the opposite.

I believe that Religion is an indication of the absence of faith. They don't believe that Jesus has saved them, so they turn to religion to save themselves.

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says not to forsake assembling yourselves together/ Is that what you call religion? going to church?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace does cover unbelief, for Jesus died for that sin as well as all of our sins, if we belong to His Sheep or Gods elect. Those who die in their sins in unbelief as Per Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Its because they were not of Christs Sheep for whom He died Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

So if they were not of His Sheep for whom He died, they must die in their own sins including unbelief.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace does cover unbelief, for Jesus died for that sin as well as all of our sins, if we belong to His Sheep or Gods elect. Those who die in their sins in unbelief as Per Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Its because they were not of Christs Sheep for whom He died Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

So if they were not of His Sheep for whom He died, they must die in their own sins including unbelief.
Christ's sheep are the ones that have accepted him as their savior. You believe that Jesus could not get anyone to believe in him, so he made them believe in him. Doesn't do much to glorify God or his Son Jesus Christ. A forced salvation is really sick.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's sheep are the ones that have accepted him as their savior. You believe that Jesus could not get anyone to believe in him, so he made them believe in him. Doesn't do much to glorify God or his Son Jesus Christ. A forced salvation is really sick.
Christ died for the sin of unbelief, so only people Christ didnt die for can and will die in their sins which unbelief is one of them.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone going to the organized church is probably religious.

And deceived since one must accept whatever it is they teach otherwise they'll get the left foot of fellowship!

Lots of people will accept false doctrine just so they can be a part of the group rather than putting what God's Word teaches first and foremost in their lives.

The desire to be accepted is a major tool the devil uses to get people to accept false doctrine.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And deceived since one must accept whatever it is they teach otherwise they'll get the left foot of fellowship!

Lots of people will accept false doctrine just so they can be a part of the group rather than putting what God's Word teaches first and foremost in their lives.

The desire to be accepted is a major tool the devil uses to get people to accept false doctrine.
The desire to belong to something is very strong. This is how the cultist work,

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The desire to belong to something is very strong. This is how the cultist work,

Yep, and if I were a betting man... I'd bet that when the one world leader gets here all the big popular preachers will claim this man is a great apostle of god sent by Jesus and we should thank the Lord for his arrive to solve all the world's problems!

Initially the anti-christ will be a very likable, peaceful, seemingly great humanitarian full of grace mercy and love for the masses!

Nothing but one big deception, but most Christians today are already deceived by all the false teachers and their false doctrine... how are they going to not be deceived by a skilled, professional deceiver such as the anti-christ who will be personally possessed by satan?

The devil will make it as though only ignorant, backwards, inbred, retarded rednecks would be dumb enough to not follow this "great" one world leader and his ecumenical one world religion!

So, most who claim to be Christian will jump on board quicker than germans jumpin on the Hitler bandwagon in the 1930s!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, and if I were a betting man... I'd bet that when the one world leader gets here all the big popular preachers will claim this man is a great apostle of god sent by Jesus and we should thank the Lord for his arrive to solve all the world's problems!

Initially the anti-christ will be a very likable, peaceful, seemingly great humanitarian full of grace mercy and love for the masses!

Nothing but one big deception, but most Christians today are already deceived by all the false teachers and their false doctrine... how are they going to not be deceived by a skilled, professional deceiver such as the anti-christ who will be personally possessed by satan?

The devil will make it as though only ignorant, backwards, inbred, retarded rednecks would be dumb enough to not follow this "great" one world leader and his ecumenical one world religion!

So, most who claim to be Christian will jump on board quicker than germans jumpin on the Hitler bandwagon in the 1930s!
Absolutely.
The deception is not in the word of God's truth to state what is, what will be nor what is to come, but the LIE OF "THOU SHALT SURELY NOT........."

Water running over rocks long term will smooth the edges, satan has done this in false doctrines being promoted in all churches by lies.
The edges gives grounding to the stone so it doesn't just roll with the flow but grips the ground to hold.
Critical thinking has been darkened by the religious leaders to blind, soothe and smooth away our reasoning & questioning, our edges.

I do believe just as Rome took over " Christianity" after Christ so too will the A.C take over organized religious denominations, whom will willingly pant after him.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very true. People are looking for someone to follow. There are 1.3 billion Catholics that believe the pope is the vicar of Christ.