Grace-Haters are incapable of honestly admitting what the (P) in Calvinism really means.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise. (Eph 1)

The Holy Spirit of promise: the promise of God is to be with us unto the end, if we keep our promise to Him: to believe and obey from the heart.

God does not cast away anyone from Himself, but as with Cain, we can certainly walk away forever from His presence.

The branch that does not abide in the Vine is that branch that dies to the faith and falls away of it's own dead weight of sin.

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered... (John 15)

Pretty much says it all right there. It is impossible to believe Scripture and say it is impossible not to abide in the Vine.

And Peter says we must MAKE our calling AND ELECTION sure, by adding to our faith the fruit of Godliness, kindness and charity, and said that IF we.DO those things, we will never fall, and will be admitted to heaven.

That our ELECTION isn’t sure unless we MAKE it sure, is another nail in John Calvin’s coffin.
2Peter 1:5-11

Reactions: Episkopos

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s it say in other than archaic 16th century Elizabethan English.

Php 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Point of information:
"IN YOU" appeared in the translations YOU posted which was modern and not "archaic 16th century Elizabethan English". The words appear in EVERY translation because they are integral to the original Greek that is being translated.

Reactions: marks

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good work was started corporately, in the church. That good work was God influencing them to work to support Paul’s ministry of gospel preaching. Nothing in the text says that the good work was their individual salvations.
You say the "good work" was MEN's work ...

JF and B commentary agrees:

a good work — Any work that God begins, He will surely finish (1Sa 3:12). Not even men begin a work at random. Much more the fact of His beginning the work is a pledge of its completion (Isa 26:12). So as to the particular work here meant, the perfecting of their fellowship in the Gospel
... although you CLAIM that "JF and B commentary agrees", it most certainly does not:
  • "Any work that God begins, He will surely finish (1Sa 3:12)." ... JF and B say GOD's WORK.
  • "Not even men begin a work at random. Much more the fact of His beginning the work is a pledge of its completion (Isa 26:12)." ... JF and B compares men's work with this GOD's WORK (note that "His" is capitalized indicating "He" is God".
  • "So as to the particular work here meant, the perfecting of their fellowship in the Gospel ..." [I wish you had not chopped the sentence in half so we could read how it ends] ...
    • [Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB] 1 Therefore, since we also have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let's rid ourselves of every obstacle and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let's run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking only at Jesus, the originator and perfecter of the faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
    • Jesus is our "perfecter" (the one that does the 'perfecting').

Reactions: marks

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who went out from us were never really with us

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us (1 John 2)

Scripture never said they were never of us, but that when they left they were not of us. So it could go either way depending on the individual: Some were never of us and some were no longer of us.

“Depart from Me, you workers of iniquity. I never knew you” (Matthew 7:23). He will not say: “I knew you for a season and then you went sour and betrayed Me

When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered. (Ezek 3:20)

When God knows us, we are written in His book of Life. If we turn from knowing Him, then He will blot out our name and remember us no more. Humanistic reasoning doesn't think like God, Who can know someone and then remember that someone no more, forever, like so many tears wiped away from His eyes. (Rev 7:17, 21:4)

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ. (Phil 3)

The whole purpose of God’s election is to bring His people safely to heaven; therefore, what He starts He promises to finish.

If we continue in the faith. If we stay in the race. If we remain steadfast unto the end. The biggest Scriptural proof that we can turn from God, even as we can turn to Him, is from all the exhortations and warnings against turning and drawing back. When we actually put our hands to the plow, we are not just professors, but confessing doers of the Word, else we had never even touched the plow in the first place.

Even after we’re regenerated, we still lapse into sin, even serious sin. I can’t think of any sin, other than blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, that a truly converted Christian is not capable of committing.

My thought here is: who needs the devil, if we have this teaching to cheer us on into all manner of sin. It's like we will lapse into sin. It's going to happen. So why fight it?

We look, for example, at the model of David in the Old Testament...the point is that David fell, and he fell seriously.

And the point is that Saul fell seriously and stay felled unto death. Same as Lucifer, who began as an archangel of God. Dittoes Adam. Scripture never says anything about Adam's sacrifice to God as Abel. Also Solomon. No Scripture one way or the other about his end.

The apostle Paul warns us against having a puffed-up view of our own spiritual strength. He says, “Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall” (1 Cor. 10:12). We do fall into very serious activities.

Once again. Who needs the devil to deceive us, when we've got this rooting us on to big time sin and fall.

The Apostle Peter, even after being forewarned, rejected Christ, swearing that he never knew Him—a public betrayal of Jesus.

Peter repented, Judas did not, and was called by Jesus the son of perdition. Judas is the proving case of knowing God and known of Him and died without Him. Jesus did not choose an unbelieving hypocrite and lip-service turncoat for an apostle. Judas became such a person after answering the call of the Lord and walking with Him.

Christians can have radical and serious falls but never total and final falls from grace.

...ye are fallen from grace. (Gal 5)

About as contradictive of God's Word as Ye shall not surely die...

My confidence in my preservation is not in my ability to persevere. My confidence rests in the power of Christ to sustain me with His grace and by the power of His intercession. He is going to bring us safely home.

Go ahead and finish it: He is going to bring us safely home no matter what we do...

God saves us to be able to live the most selfish, self centered, and sinful life possible, with no repentance, and remain in Christ”

God saves us to be able to live holy and godly before Him and remain with His Son to the end, if we turn not back from the heavenly gift and remain seated in His heavenly places.

One Scripture above all proves being saved by grace and falling away from grace unto perdition, which is to fall away so completely, that it becomes impossible to renew repentance again unto eternal life:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Heb 6:4-6)

It is possible to fall away to such a state far worse than before salvation (2 Peter 2:22), such that God would give up on us, who once knew Him and then turned from Him into all manner of transgressions and idolatry:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness. (Rom 1)

They knew God, and they turned from God, and God gave up on them.
Thank you for engaging what I believe without simply refuting what I do not believe (ie: “God saves us to be able to live the most selfish, self centered, and sinful life possible, with no repentance, and remain in Christ”.)

One point you made immediately jumped out:

Christians can have radical and serious falls but never total and final falls from grace.
...ye are fallen from grace. (Gal 5)
About as contradictive of God's Word as Ye shall not surely die...​

To quote a FRAGMENT of a verse as a proof and refutation seems highly suspect. After all, why do you still have your eyes when JESUS COMMANDED YOU: "anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her" [Matthew 5] and "if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out" [Matthew 18] ;)

I am at work, so I will respond later when I have more time to read your ideas carefully. I liked your observation on 1 John 2 and wanted to reread the context for myself.

[PS. Eve did not drop dead by sunset when she bit the fruit. Satan is not clumsy in his lies. Credit where it is due, he has subtlety.]

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God was drawing me as a sinner, I used to watch the Sunday morning church services on T.V. This guy Stanley was one of them, and he was really big on sins forgiven past, p-resent, and future at the cross. Even as a sinner, I wanted to believe it, but never could quite get around a salvation that already has you forgiven of anything you do in future.

Now as a Christian with Scripture, I know it wanna-believe junk. If we sin (not when we sin), but if we sin we need confess with God our sin, that He would then be faithful to forgive us.

1. How confess something we haven't done? Or do we go ahead and confess all the things we know we are going to do?

2. Why confess something we are already forgiven of?

It would be a meaningless lip-service so-called confession: Yeah, I know. I blew it again. Whatever.
"For what it is worth, I think Mr Stanley is incorrect in his understanding of Grace and may have ventured into error that needed correction. I simply object to the slandering of Christian brothers without evidence of any wrong or, worse, with false statements. I feel as strongly about those that spread lies about Wesleyan Arminian teachers (Methodists and Church of God) with whom I disagree on soteriology."

[That pretty much sums up all I have to say about Charles Stanley ... his accusers need to bring PROOF rather than RUMORS and SLANDER.]

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ridiculously clear context is that Paul doesn’t jump topics.
Just for the record, it is because of the context of the long years of working together as fellow laborers for the Gospel (verse 5 & 7), that Paul can be confident that the truth about GOD FINISHING WHAT GOD STARTS (verse 6) applies to the Church (people) at Philippi.

You are welcome to disagree, but you should at least have a chance to disagree with what we read. Verse 6 does not "stand alone" or "change the subject" ... it IS the subject of the paragraph with everything else explaining WHY Paul is confident.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Peter says we must MAKE our calling AND ELECTION sure, by adding to our faith the fruit of Godliness, kindness and charity, and said that IF we.DO those things, we will never fall, and will be admitted to heaven.

That our ELECTION isn’t sure unless we MAKE it sure, is another nail in John Calvin’s coffin.
2Peter 1:5-11
Yes, we are to make it sure. What I am getting from all the eternal unconditional security stuff is a completely impersonal, without will kind of helplessness on our part, who require a permanent salvation graciously granted to us, that we need never fear the Lord again.

And yet: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Gal 6:7-9)

This Scripture is not speaking of rewards and fellowship, but of corruption and everlasting life. The helplessness ministered is that we absolutely will go back into sin and even great sin. They reject predetermined salvation only to bring in predetermined fall without fear.

And without growth in God. Unconditional preservation of necessity keeps the believer in the 'babe in Christ' condition, yet Paul's warning against falling away from the faith of God is in the midst of his exhortation to go on from babyhood. (Heb 5:11-6:9)

If we neglect the better things that accompany salvation, then we neglect so great a salvation itself. (Heb 2:3) How shall we escape, if we neglect...that is we the believer and saved by grace, not the world that abides in unbelief.

Unconditional preservation rejects by definition anything accompanying salvation, unless it is accompanied with sure sin and great fall, without fear.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unconditional preservation is salvation through faith, followed by salvation without need of faith.

That is a necessary doctrine of those who know by Scripture, that we can have tasted of the heavenly gift and yet wax cold in love of God by abounding iniquity, and become dead to faith and reprobate to every good work. (Heb 6)(Matthew 24:12)(James 2)(Titus 1:16)

The real question to me is why teach such things, that any real sinner knows is not possible, because it is not reasonable nor rational nor makes any common sense at all, and God is the author of common sense, not confusion:

"We are saved by grace through faith, but once saved we are saved by grace only, without need of faith...we were saved by grace through faith, but now are saved by grace, whether we believe or not."

I believe these people are mistaking longsuffering of God to draw and convict by his Spirit, with unconditional preservation by God, without need of faith nor works of faith:

The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty. (Numbers 14)

I.e. God is not mocked, we do not continue in sin unto corruption, that grace may abound unto life everlasting. (Gal 6:7-9)

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? (Rom 2)

Unconditional preservation leads directly to the unrepentant without fear of God and despising His longsuffering and Spirit of grace:

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. (Heb 10)

Judgment begins at the house of God (1 Peter 4:17). Far from being exempted from righteous living, we are the only ones God expects it from. The unbeliever cannot betray God, because he never had God's love and trust to begin with. Only the believer can betray God and earn a wrath greater than an unbeliever.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT scriptures are written in Greek, but the clear scriptures that refute the fatalistic philosophy of determinism called Calvinism, are not themselves a Greek philosophy as you incorrectly claim.

which scripture is that, could it be where the Lord tells you what to do, as in go this way and not that? that's God's choice for you.

also show me in scripture where anyone had chosen God, oh yea, and the Israelites were already chosen via Abraham Isaac and Jacob who were also chosen.

God knows the faithful, from the beginning. how is it that you justify the unfaithful as the entitled to God's favor.

no doubt this is true:

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

but this is for the sake of the faithful that He knows will be there that you don't know, and its not ours's to judge. but it is God's, and that's who we are talking about.

all of it in this respect is for the sake of the faithful, Jesus died on the cross for the sake of the faithful.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a Like with caveat . . . maybe they know God, but don't understand.

Much love!

it would seem if one knows God then one would acknowledge the Truth and response to the Truth accordingly. surly the Spirit responds to its own kind. all one can do is present the instruction and information that applies to the life being lived.

if you're not a bird your not out there pecking at the seeds provided to live the life of a bird.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps @Curtis felt overwhelmed by R.C. Sproul. Here is an easier place to start:

Philippians 1:6 [NKJV]
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
Could you please explain why this verse is not true?
  • In the case of those that you claim were saved one day, and damned the next, why was “He who began a good work” NOT able to “complete it”?

I await enlightenment from your “correct” understanding rather than my flawed understanding that this verse indicates that those God justifies, God is able to preserve through glorification.
The sincerity of willingness to be corrected is proven if: that someone accurately engages a correction, but understanding the one correcting, and by either rejecting it outright or by refuting with Scripture.

Being 'mighty' in the Scripture and able to 'dispute' with the Scriptures honestly and accurately is worthy of the apostles. (Acts 18:24, 19:19)

And so, in that spirit:

Could you please explain why this verse is not true? It is true. It is accurately quoted Scripture as written.

Therefore, any dispute over it must be the proper sense of it. (Neh 8:8)

understanding that this verse indicates that those God justifies, God is able to preserve through glorification. This is the correct and obvious sense. God being able to do so, is therefore a given.

That is therefore not the real question at hand: He is certainly able to do so, but will he to do so without condition on the believer.

I.e. When God wills it, it will happen, and no man can stand in the way, neither principality nor power...

And so, to be accurate, you are saying that once God has begun His good work in us, then He will complete it unto the end, without condition on us?

Since faith in the heart is required for God to begin the good work, is faith required to remain in the heart for God to complete it?

If so, then the real question is: can one depart from the faith of Jesus after once having believed with the heart and confessed with the mouth unto salvation. (Rom 10:10)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point of information:
"IN YOU" appeared in the translations YOU posted which was modern and not "archaic 16th century Elizabethan English". The words appear in EVERY translation because they are integral to the original Greek that is being translated.
Not that everyone seems to care about such things. Some seem to prefer their own reasonings.

I'll tell you . . . Things really started changing for me when I decided to just take the Bible as I found it, no matter whether I have to change my views, who cares about that! Any wrong idea corrected is wonderful!

Much love!

Reactions: atpollard

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for the record, it is because of the context of the long years of working together as fellow laborers for the Gospel (verse 5 & 7), that Paul can be confident that the truth about GOD FINISHING WHAT GOD STARTS (verse 6) applies to the Church (people) at Philippi.

You are welcome to disagree, but you should at least have a chance to disagree with what we read. Verse 6 does not "stand alone" or "change the subject" ... it IS the subject of the paragraph with everything else explaining WHY Paul is confident.

It could be important that the church of God at Philippi was apparently one of the few, if not only, churches that required no correction. They are warned about what others are doing, but their reputation of longsuffering, steadfastness, love of the brethren, care for the gospel was well known. So much so that Paul even debated within himself, whether he would prefer going home to Jesus or staying on earth just to continue in ministry with them.

Therefore, he was personally fairly sure and certain for their continuing to completion of God's good work.

Nonetheless, the Scripture should be preached to any and all, not just to a certain group.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The context, as I read this, he's talking about each one's works in turn, saying different things about each. If you read it as all the same thing, you drain away the significance of each unique statement.

Much love!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that everyone seems to care about such things. Some seem to prefer their own reasonings.

I'll tell you . . . Things really started changing for me when I decided to just take the Bible as I found it, no matter whether I have to change my views, who cares about that! Any wrong idea corrected is wonderful!

Much love!
That is rare. If we are able to change our own cherished views, if Scripture plainly insists, then we can be certain we will never be deceived by others' views, who seek to change Scripture and all others to keep them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For what it is worth, I think Mr Stanley is incorrect in his understanding of Grace and may have ventured into error that needed correction. I simply object to the slandering of Christian brothers without evidence of any wrong or, worse, with false statements. I feel as strongly about those that spread lies about Wesleyan Arminian teachers (Methodists and Church of God) with whom I disagree on soteriology."

[That pretty much sums up all I have to say about Charles Stanley ... his accusers need to bring PROOF rather than RUMORS and SLANDER.]
I reject and rebuke his teachings, and call them junk. I do not personally slander him. I know he has been tireless and sincere, even if sincerely wrong, which we all have no doubt been at one time or another. And if he is wrong in his doctrine, as I believe, and apparently yours as well, then God will be the one to judge and call to account. If my teaching is wrong, I will likewise answer to Him.

Paul called the high priest a whited wall, while acknowledging the Scripture not to speak evil of the ruler.

It shows that speaking of the evil that rulers may do, is not speaking evil of them in violation of Scripture.

If you or I or any other speak publicly on the things of God, then we are all open to response, rebuke, etc... publicly. Even if it is called junk, or trash, or garbage.

You need to know what you are talking about before becoming an accuser of the brethren with slander.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sincerity of willingness to be corrected is proven if: that someone accurately engages a correction, but understanding the one correcting, and by either rejecting it outright or by refuting with Scripture.

Being 'mighty' in the Scripture and able to 'dispute' with the Scriptures honestly and accurately is worthy of the apostles. (Acts 18:24, 19:19)

And so, in that spirit:

Could you please explain why this verse is not true? It is true. It is accurately quoted Scripture as written.

Therefore, any dispute over it must be the proper sense of it. (Neh 8:8)

understanding that this verse indicates that those God justifies, God is able to preserve through glorification. This is the correct and obvious sense. God being able to do so, is therefore a given.

That is therefore not the real question at hand: He is certainly able to do so, but will he to do so without condition on the believer.

I.e. When God wills it, it will happen, and no man can stand in the way, neither principality nor power...

And so, to be accurate, you are saying that once God has begun His good work in us, then He will complete it unto the end, without condition on us?

Since faith in the heart is required for God to begin the good work, is faith required to remain in the heart for God to complete it?

If so, then the real question is: can one depart from the faith of Jesus after once having believed with the heart and confessed with the mouth unto salvation. (Rom 10:10)
How could Paul state that he was confident that God would complete the good work in those at Philippi, since not even God could be certain of that ... some could sin, turn apostate and be vomited out of the "hand" of God [If I can be permitted to mix biblical word pictures to reflect the NO ETERNAL SECURITY 'whole council of scripture'.

I am not rejecting or mocking your POV. I have read and admire John Wesley. I simply disagree based on what I see repeated throughout Scripture and the 'whole council' that I must answer to according to my conscience. I merely present an obvious statement by Paul that appears impossible given your understanding. Is Paul just "HOPING" for the Philippians?

I can say, "Paul is CONFIDENT because eternal destiny is assured." You claim that there is NO SUCH ASSURANCE (do you not?).

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could Paul state that he was confident that God would complete the good work in those at Philippi, since not even God could be certain of that ... some could sin, turn apostate and be vomited out of the "hand" of God [If I can be permitted to mix biblical word pictures to reflect the NO ETERNAL SECURITY 'whole council of scripture'.

I am not rejecting or mocking your POV. I have read and admire John Wesley. I simply disagree based on what I see repeated throughout Scripture and the 'whole council' that I must answer to according to my conscience. I merely present an obvious statement by Paul that appears impossible given your understanding. Is Paul just "HOPING" for the Philippians?

I can say, "Paul is CONFIDENT because eternal destiny is assured." You claim that there is NO SUCH ASSURANCE (do you not?).

"You claim that there is NO SUCH ASSURANCE (do you not?)
"

If we abide in the Vine, then certainly. If not, then not.

There really is nothing to be said about a warning from God not to allow something to happen with us, if it cannot possibly happen with us. If it is impossible to fall from the Vine, then the warning from God is vain and useless and confusing, which of course God's Word is none of these.

Likewise if it were impossible to fall from grace, then Paul has lied and said ye are fallen from grace.

The covenant of the law and the covenant of grace do not differ in requirement to behave ourselves as participants therein. The covenant of the law was to teach us that very thing: that God does command and demand outward obedience to His will. That covenant was weak in that it only commanded outward obedience, but that commandment remains in the new testament that first commands inward faith and circumcision of the heart.

God still will not justify the wicked (Ex 23:7), whether they believed in Egypt and then rebelled in Sinai, or they believed in sin, and then rebelled in grace.

He has now changed the means of obedience, not the necessity of obedience.

We now have a more sure assurance of fulfilling His righteousness, but that two-edged sword also means we now have less excuse for not doing so, because we have greater promises of the Spirit within, than the Lord on the mount. They had the blood of the lamb upon their doorposts, and the law from the mount. We have the blood of the Lamb upon our souls, and the law from heaven written upon our hearts.

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (Heb 10)

There really is nothing to offer here that could unsay the Scripture: The heathen do not betray God, having never been known by Him and trusted with the blood of His Son. Only friends can betray friends.

They who were sanctified now do despite to the Spirit of grace. He that was saved, and is not saved... (Rev 17:7)

Look, when it comes right down to it, whether eternal security or not, no one in open transgression and rebellion against God shall inherit the kingdom of God. So, if it makes you feel better to accuse such as hypocrites from the start, who only professed Christ with the lips. Then fine. And if it also gives you assurance when you sin or transgress, that you are still saved. Then fine too. So long as you confess, you shall be forgiven. (But then if future sins are already forgiven, no need to confess?)

If I sin and transgress, and God shows me as much by His Word, then I take Him at His word and confess unto forgiveness and repentance, knowing that by grace and the shedding of His blood I even have opportunity to do so.

I will say one thing about absolute perfect assurance from God: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (I John 1)

We don't have to beg, nor plead, nor ask a hundred times. The very moment God sees our agreement with Him in our hearts, that we have sinned, then He is faithful and just to forgive us straightway, completely. And it is usually we who have the problem of forgiving ourselves and others, even as He forgives us (Matthew 18:35). And frankly, I don't think he wants to here any promises of repentance. Just be forgiven and thankful and free and clean and go and do it no more. And if we do, He is faithful and just to forgive us by our confession 70 times 7.

However, Scripture speaks plainly of a point where repentance is impossible to renew, because confession is impossible to make, because God has given up on us in our openly unashamed shaming of His Son, without any desire to do good. (Heb 6:6-9) (Titus 1:16)

Yes, Scripture shows that god can indeed cease to draw us to Himself, and without such, we cannot possibly come to Him...anymore:

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:44)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I challenge anyone to read and believe this passage, and then tell me that some of God's children will not be like Jesus at the end.

Any takers?

Is this actually something that we, God's children, know?

The only reconciliation I've ever seen between this passage, and any interpretation of Scripture that declares those who have been born from God may yet still be lost, and will not be conformed to Christ, the only way to reconcile that view with this passage is to say that this passage doesn't really mean what it says. For myself, I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to make sure my views agree with God's Word.

The same thing is so with this one:

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

If you are born again, you WILL appear with Him when He appears, and you WILL become like Him!

Such love!