• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I belong to a denomination, that is foolishness, and why is it Heresy to believe in Gods grace, and never stumbling, yes so many claim we have yet to see. Havnt being to church in over 15 years and never will step into one ever again. We follow Christ do we not...

You don't have to belong to a denomination? I don't. But I was just wondering if there was a particular denomination who was teaching your liberal type of grace.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture describes this as a process which Jesus begins, but spends our entire lives completing.

I've got to go to bed, but I'll start with the first paragraph. Where is the born again experience a process? Was it a process on the Day of Pentecost?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got to go to bed, but I'll start with the first paragraph. Where is the born again experience a process? Was it a process on the Day of Pentecost?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that born again was a process, rather, that after we are born again, the renewing of the mind is a process, and in the renewing of the mind, we become conformed to the image of Christ.

He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, we are being transformed into that same image
If we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father, even Jesus Christ the righteous.

Each of these and more besides speak to this process, that our minds are not renewed instantaneously.

Romans 12, addressed to believers, be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage teaches us that our sins are in fact covered and that the Lord will not impute sin to us as believers. The word "impute" means to credit to one's account. So it means that even though we sin, the Lord does not credit our sin to our account.
Where there is no law, no transgression.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture states

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I’m only curious in 1977 upon your perfection per the baptism of the Holy Spirit, where you instantly filled with the knowledge of all scripture. If yes then that’s wonderful to hear, if not, what is the correction, reproof, and instruction referring to in your opinion?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm. Do I detect skepticism?

You even believe in "covered." See how popular this false doctrine is?
No, I don't believe in "covered." It's just a word. It's not enough to define a doctrine. David used it. Paul quoted it. I don't get the obsession on either side of the argument.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 5:15 KJV
[15] And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
I believe there’s much to be gleaned just from this one verse.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any basis for faith that depends on emphasis on one doctrine or passage of Scripture is unbalanced and therefore false. The testimony of the whole Bible must be consulted.

Reactions: Waiting on him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't have to belong to a denomination? I don't. But I was just wondering if there was a particular denomination who was teaching your liberal type of grace.
Something to do with,

2Co_12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So I will just believe Jesus, He is happy that He has enough grace though many seem to doubt it. I did not know you could make a law from grace??

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Don't worry, he can't hurt me. Just feel sorry for him and his lack of understanding, and hopefully,

Still faking i see.

Here is what you wrote....

"""
CharismaticLady said:
. False teachers believe that grace is the blood of Jesus covering our sins AS we keep on sinning and not imputing any sin to us.""""

Here is what Paul teaches...

Romans 4:8. """" 8 Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.""""

so, you completely contradicted Paul, by saying that he is a "false teacher".
Hide it if you can, and im sure you'll try, charismaticlady
Also, im not trying to hurt you, im simply outing another deceiver.
And i'll do it again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Measuring ourselves by lists of laws and sins is a mistake in my opinion. Our law is love, and our law is trust, and until we are perfected in love and trust, we're still a work in process. We still fall short of God's love.

Are you making a general statement, or are you directing this to me, because if it is the latter, you are still calling me a legalist. I'm not even sure you know what that entails, because some take the opposite very liberally, and find themselves indulging in the lusts of the flesh and vile hedonism, equally falling from grace. Galatians 5:19-21

What being a legalist actually means is we are still abiding by laws NOT written on our heart. They would be outward rituals having nothing to do with love, like laws about which day of the week to assemble together, never playing cards, never dancing, not wearing any makeup or jewelry at all, men never cutting their side burns or beards, only eating certain meats, never drinking wine, having to stop smoking, ritually being circumcised, or making a show of never being circumcised, not owning a television, radio or electrical appliances and lighting, never celebrating Christmas or Easter because of historical pagan beginnings long forgotten, even birthdays, and limiting or figuring out paying a tithe to the penny. And the worst: showing disdain for anyone who abides by these laws for themselves! They are the most legalistic of all.

(Not through with your paragraphs.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still faking i see.

Here is what you wrote....

"""
CharismaticLady said:
. False teachers believe that grace is the blood of Jesus covering our sins AS we keep on sinning and not imputing any sin to us.""""

Here is what Paul teaches...

Romans 4:8. """" 8 Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.""""

so, you completely contradicted Paul, by saying that he is a "false teacher".
Hide it if you can, and im sure you'll try, charismaticlady
Also, im not trying to hurt you, im simply outing another deceiver.
And i'll do it again.

I understand that Paul is making a point and is in the middle of an 8 chapter lesson on sin, grace and the Law of Moses. Instead of finding out what Paul is actually teaching, you are making Paul contradict himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you are born again which puts you in the Spirit, you can stay there. You are not in the old carnal nature any longer, but in the divine nature.
Being born again, as Jesus means it, is not a meditative state or a spiritual technique employed by the disciple in order to avoid sinful behavior. Being born again is an awakening of sorts, which allows the disciple to gain insight and understanding into the kingdom of God.

Jesus raises the subject of being born in a discussion he is having with Nicodemus, who noted that Jesus must be from God, otherwise he wouldn't be able to do the kinds of things he does. Jesus suggests the reason for Nicodemus' insight, his ability to discern God's activity, where others can't see it. Nicodemus is able to recognize the kingdom of God because he has been born again, or born from above. The Spirit of God enlightens our eyes, so that we might see and understand the implications of the gospel.

Paul makes this explicit in his epistle to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 1:15-19
For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.

What does Paul say? The Spirit gives us wisdom and revelation in knowledge of him. The Spirit enlightens the eyes of our heart.

The spirit is not a power source which we plug into; the spirit is not a state of holiness or moral perfection; the spirit is not a power we employ that keeps us from sinning. That is not what Jesus taught.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again, as Jesus means it, is not a meditative state or a spiritual technique employed by the disciple in order to avoid sinful behavior. Being born again is an awakening of sorts, which allows the disciple to gain insight and understanding into the kingdom of God.

Is that what you believe being in the Spirit means? Some kind of self-induced meditative state? No, it is not of us, but being reborn of God. And the first indication of that rebirth is the absence of the desire to sin. 1 John 3:9; 1 John 5:18. We are given the mind of Christ who didn't sin, and start thirsting and hungering for His Word and with understanding. So I agree with the rest of your post.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Where we are weak, God's grace, His strength and power, overshadows our natural weakness, and makes us strong.

Here again, we see that God's grace is POWER.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where there is no law, no transgression.

Much love!

Oh my, are you agreeing with what he just said? What about the LAW OF THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST. Just because we are not under the Law of Moses doesn't make us lawless. We establish the law.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.