Grailhunter’s Corner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
***************Was Yeshua in the Old Testament? Was He a God before He was born? Was He a Spirit?******************

Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world….. John 17:24
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:16-17

----In the beginning Yahweh created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1-----Will the real Creator God please stand up! In most of our Bibles the name of God the Father has been removed and it presents a false perspective. Originally God’s name appeared nearly 6,000 times in the Old Testament. But removing His actual name and changing it to God or Lord, made the word God an actual name. And it has caused a great deal of harm in understand the perspective of Yahweh. So now in our Bibles, the Old Testament scriptures read God and or the Lord, where it was originally Yahweh (and a few other regional names). But when you refer to a God by name….it does not imply three and three persons cannot be applied to one name. So it is harder for People to infer that all three named Gods are one God. So in the interest of accuracy, God’s name will appear in the following scriptures.----

For this is what the Lord Yahweh says—he who created the heavens, he is Yahweh; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—he says: “I am the Yahweh, and there is no other… Isaiah 45:18

Thus says the Lord Yahweh, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord Yahweh, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself….Isaiah 44:24 (The words Redeemer, Savior, and Salvation in the Old Testament confuse some Christians because they usually refer to either saving people’s lives or freeing them from their oppressors. And it usually refers to Yahweh but also the human warlord king messiah.)

Hear, O Israel: The Lord Yahweh our God, Yahweh is one. You shall love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command to you today shall be on your heart…..Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Remember the former things long past, For I am Yahweh, and there is no other; I am Yahweh, and there is no one like Me…..Isaiah 46:9

You were shown these things so that you might know that Yahweh is God; besides him there is no other….Deuteronomy 4:35

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all…..Nehemiah 9:6

For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art Yahweh alone…..Psalm 86:10

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is YAHWEH, art the most high over all the earth……Psalm 83:18.

If you put Yahweh’s name back into the scriptures it is very easy to see that the Old
Testament is speaking of one God…Yahweh. So these two sets of scriptures do in themselves produce a conundrum of understanding and it is not just the wording of the scriptures. In itself, the Hebrew / Israelite / Jewish religion of the Old Testament was absolutely monolithic by definition….even though they did worship other gods. And this is one of the reasons that the Jews consider Christianity to be a false religion. It was considered idolatry to believe in or pray to a different God. This understanding of the one God thing in the Old Testament was one of…I say one of the reasons it was so important for Christianity to formulate a one God concept in the New Testament….and with Yahweh only being referenced as God or Lord thousands of times in the Old Testament it was easier to deceive.

One God in the Old Testament and one God in the New Testament….right! The deception is working as planned. With God’s name appearing in the original scriptures nearly 6,000 times it was obvious it was one God, one person….and no Godhead like the Trinity. No Jew coined the word Trinity. Gods with more than one aspect only appeared in Pagan religions and this is one reasons people say that God has to be one. So when Yahweh’s name was removed from the Old Testament and replaced with the words God or Lord….most people don’t know enough to even object. To me that is odd….having a Christian Bible with the names of God the Father and God the Son removed. So very few seem to care what the motives for that was, nor the ramifications.

So why did the Roman Ecumenical Councils formulate the doctrine of the Trinity. The early council’s primary focus was to standardize and unite the differing beliefs of Christians to one church. But there were several topics concerning Yahweh and Yeshua that they could not come to an agreement on. So no agreement was made, instead the doctrine of the Trinity was made and then it was one God in the Old Testament and one God in the New Testament and they are the same one God and no further objections could be voiced upon pain of excommunication or death. This was not truth, but rather a silencing of beliefs.

Not even the grand inconsistencies within the doctrine itself were considered, things like in the New Testament where creation is contributed to Yeshua, but if it is one God, no event can be contributed to a single member of the Trinity….effectively they all did it. And then there is the issue of giving authority to yourself and why? Christ not doing His will but the will of another…..His Father…etc.

Is it all a deception? The Roman Church thought that uniting Christianity as one church was paramount, even above truth. Does the means justify the end? It has been an age old questions….The answer….sometimes it is necessary….but the end will always be tainted.

Yahweh does not function as a trio in the Old Testament. They do not talk to one another, nor are certain events assigned or contributed to any God but Yahweh. If you were a Jew and were proclaiming that a God named Yeshua created the world, you would not live long. Same thing goes for proclaiming the Son of God. Of course I do not believe in the one God formula of the Trinity but getting back to the topic at hand….the pre-existent Christ.

So is there away of explaining how Yeshua could have existed from the beginning? There is no possible biblical explanation. So people say the Jews did not / do not understand the Jewish scriptures and the Christians not understanding, suggest that Christians of other denominations do not understand the scriptures! The keywords are “not understanding” but still you cannot harmonize these scriptures……without additional information. But that additional information will fall on the deaf ears of the Fundamentalists, by design.

I have researched several topics and traveled the world looking for answers, but on this topic what gave me the most confidence that I would find an answer was listening to those that spoke in the Spirit. On several occasions I have heard people speaking in the Spirit, talk of the Pre-existent Christ. And one of them was speaking of the event where Christ was talking to His Apostles about Him being in the Old Testament period. --- Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am. So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple….John 8:58-59

Thus says the Lord Yahweh, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord Yahweh, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself….Isaiah 44:24

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:16-17

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

If this were chess, I would be saying "check mate."

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus says the Lord Yahweh, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord Yahweh, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself….Isaiah 44:24

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

If this were chess, I would be saying "check mate."
Not even close

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Copper I do not know....did you not read the post?
I covered the fact that there are scriptures that indicate both sides of the debate.
And I am only guessing so forgive if I am wrong.....
Are you one of those that believe that there was a possibility of salvation in the Old Testament?
The terms redeemer and salvation are referring to either saving there lives or rescuing them from their oppressors. No spiritual salvation in the Old Testament.
1. God never promised heaven, He spoke of the promise land.
2. The Old Testament gives no indication that hell existed and the Jews still do not believe in hell. So God never threated the Hebrews /Israelites/Jews with hell if they disobeyed.
3. The Old Testament does not name Satan as the devil. Nor did God or the prophets warn people of the devil. And the Jews still do not believe in a devil.
4. And the rest read the post.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Copper I do not know....did you not read the post?
I covered the fact that there are scriptures that indicate both sides of the debate.
And I am only guessing so forgive if I am wrong.....
Are you one of those that believe that there was a possibility of salvation in the Old Testament?
The terms redeemer and salvation are referring to either saving there lives or rescuing them from their oppressors. No spiritual salvation in the Old Testament.
1. God never promised heaven, He spoke of the promise land.
2. The Old Testament gives no indication that hell existed and the Jews still do not believe in hell. So God never threated the Hebrews /Israelites/Jews with hell if they disobeyed.
3. The Old Testament does not name Satan as the devil. Nor did God or the prophets warn people of the devil. And the Jews still do not believe in a devil.
4. And the rest read the post.
Your post identifies Yahweh as Redeemer, aka Jesus, Creator, Redeemer and Coming King.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post identifies Yahweh as Redeemer, aka Jesus, Creator, Redeemer and Coming King.

No, Yahweh is the redeemer in the Old Testament....
The messiah would be a human
And no one knows were the word Jesus came from.

Christ....our redeemer is a God, the Son of God.....who died to saves us from hell and the devil and open the gates of heaven to Christians.....the Jews believed in none of that. The Old Testament wrote nothing of that.

Now if you want to discuss it further open a thread.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, Yahweh is the redeemer in the Old Testament....
The messiah would be a human
And no one knows were the word Jesus came from.

Christ....our redeemer is a God, the Son of God.....who died to saves us from hell and the devil and open the gates of heaven to Christians.....the Jews believed in none of that. The Old Testament wrote nothing of that.

Now if you want to discuss it further open a thread.
There is only one redeemer. This is pointless.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why will people not accept Jesus is God incarnate?
It is the same old thing.
Some one comes up with a slogan or phrase to perpetuate a false belief.
Slogans and phrases that are not in the scriptures are usually someone trying to start a non bibleical belief.
Trinity, Original Sin, God incarnate, hyper-grace it all suggest something that is not there.
If it was the intention of God to start these formulations, they would have been in the scriptures.
The words Trinity, Original Sin, God incarnate, hyper-grace do not appear in the scripture...end of story. But the bigger question for a Fundamentalist is, is it a violation of the methodology? Bible only or should we just add to it anything we want. Who is the judge of what we are going to add to it or take away from it.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. Mark 16:19. Christ ascended to Himself? Christ was a UFO pilot. God's hand was in His lap and Christ sits in His lap? How twisted do people want to make the scriptures....when most of them mean what they say.
Like I asked...start a thread and I will take you to school.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is the same old thing.
Some one comes up with a slogan or phrase to perpetuate a false belief.
Slogans and phrases that are not in the scriptures are usually someone trying to start a non bibleical belief.
Trinity, Original Sin, God incarnate, hyper-grace it all suggest something that is not there.
If it was the intention of God to start these formulations, they would have been in the scriptures.
The words Trinity, Original Sin, God incarnate, hyper-grace do not appear in the scripture...end of story. But the bigger question for a Fundamentalist is, is it a violation of the methodology? Bible only or should we just add to it anything we want. Who is the judge of what we are going to add to it or take away from it.

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. Mark 16:19. Christ ascended to Himself? Christ was a UFO pilot. God's hand was in His lap and Christ sits in His lap? How twisted do people want to make the scriptures....when most of them mean what they say.
Like I asked...start a thread and I will take you to school.
So you reject the main themes of the Bible, and indeed Christianity itself, and simply brush them aside with a sweep of the hand, saying they are slogans.

Remember, "Jesus loves you," "Jesus loves me", "Jesus is love." You will not find those words in the Bible, despite it being a main theme throughout. And like the blind leading the blind, you will take me to school! NO THANK YOU.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you reject the main themes of the Bible, and indeed Christianity itself, and simply brush them aside with a sweep of the hand, saying they are slogans.

Remember, "Jesus loves you," "Jesus loves me", "Jesus is love." You will not find those words in the Bible, despite it being a main theme throughout. And like the blind leading the blind, you will take me to school! NO THANK YOU.
The post is about things that are not biblical.
Rejecting lies is not rejecting the Bible.
The truth will set you free
Beliefs...Truths....Facts
Be good and do good.

So you talk non-sense....move it along.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The post is about things that are not biblical.
Rejecting lies is not rejecting the Bible.
The truth will set you free
Beliefs...Truths....Facts
Be good and do good.

So you talk non-sense....move it along.
One of the main themes in the Bible is how the omnipresent God conquers sin and death on earth by taking our sins which are many, upon himself. Your philosophy does not allow for that to happen, leaving the sinner with unrequited sin all the days of their life on earth, with worse to follow later.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the main themes in the Bible is how the omnipresent God conquers sin and death on earth by taking our sins which are many, upon himself. Your philosophy does not allow for that to happen, leaving the sinner with unrequited sin all the days of their life on earth, with worse to follow later.
Well then you missed the whole point and now you are out somewhere in left field.
Don't need a troll saying pointless things so move it on.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is all you have, and you reject the divinity of Jesus Christ the redeemer, you have nothing.
Well Mr Troll I or no one on this thread is rejecting the divinity of Christ.
Again move it on.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit ARE the Trinity. The three persons of the Trinity are there throughout the Bible, and to say they are not, when they are written down in black and white for all to see, is totally erroneous.

The problem is they are not. Find Yeshua as a God in the Old Testament....by name and you will make a lot of people happy.
In the beginning Yeshua created the heavens and earth.....all good find it. In the New Testament they talk to each other, in the Old Testament Yahweh is saying I am God and there is no one like me.....you have a fantasy going....you are not alone but a fantasy none the less.