Gran Torino

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not just a car but a movie Starring Clint Eastwood.
In the movie Clint portrays an old man who seems angry at the world.
He has fought in Korea and worked until retirement. The movie picks up at a funeral for his wife.

The man is revolting in so many ways. He calls people racist names and is generally insulting to everyone.

But he shows great courage, respect, and kindness at times too beyond what words can really do.

Anyone see this movie?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It's not just a car but a movie Starring Clint Eastwood.
In the movie Clint portrays an old man who seems angry at the world.
He has fought in Korea and worked until retirement. The movie picks up at a funeral for his wife.

The man is revolting in so many ways. He calls people racist names and is generally insulting to everyone.

But he shows great courage, respect, and kindness at times too beyond what words can really do.

Anyone see this movie?
I have seen it.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen it.
And what did you think?

There are many times people at work see me as the "grumpy old man" in this movie.

Yeah, I'm annoying as all get out but I'm going to train the apprentices the best of anyone. They will learn or die.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
And what did you think?

There are many times people at work see me as the "grumpy old man" in this movie.

Yeah, I'm annoying as all get out but I'm going to train the apprentices the best of anyone. They will learn or die.

I think it was a wholesome movie. Mainly for the ending, which I don't want to give away.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was a wholesome movie. Mainly for the ending, which I don't want to give away.

I wasn't going to discuss that part in case someone else hasn't seen it.

But I love the look of desperation in an apprentice's eyes (after he says "I can't") when I tell him that he will learn how or I'll kill him.
All of a sudden he begins to focus and takes things seriously.

Lots of ne'er-do-well kids in construction.
The only thing they seem to know how to do is play with their cell phones. I'm there to teach them otherwise.