Grieving the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Ephesians 4:29-30 ESV
(29) Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
(30) And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Don't let your words corrupt, but appropriately build up in grace those who hear you. Don't sadden God's Holy Spirit. He is Who has sealed you to redemption.

God's Holy Spirit is He Who guarantees your salvation. Do you sadden Him by telling people that His work isn't good enough?

Just something to think about.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Ephesians 4:29-30 ESV
(29) Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
(30) And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Don't let your words corrupt, but appropriately build up in grace those who hear you. Don't sadden God's Holy Spirit. He is Who has sealed you to redemption.

God's Holy Spirit is He Who guarantees your salvation. Do you sadden Him by telling people that His work isn't good enough?

Just something to think about.

Love in Christ,
Mark

That scripture is one of the best scriptures to use to prove the eternal security of a Believer.
If you notice the scripture, it says not to grieve the HS, as this is possible, but yet you are still SEALED by it., ither way.

notice it didnt say..........."be careful not to grieve the HS for if you do then YOU ARE DAMNED, LOST, UNBORN AGAIN, etc.".

K

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It grieves the Holy Spirit to watch men promote a false gospel that has no power to change men into a new creation in Christ...when this power has been so dearly paid for. Their condemnation is just and sure who do this.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
It grieves the Holy Spirit to watch men promote a false gospel that has no power to change men into a new creation in Christ...when this power has been so dearly paid for. Their condemnation is just and sure who do this.

You keep saying a gospel that has no power to change men.

These are your words - never my words. Again - why do you think/say that because I recognize that Salvation - regeneration - is immediate and permanent, that this Gospel does not change people???

That's exactly what God does is change people.

Again . . . the is a Straw Man - a logical fallacy used to try to win a debate. You saying that God has not empowered my life does not make it so.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Did you know this was in the Bible?

According to God's Word, it is possible to grieve the Holy Spirit in these ways:
  • let the things which you have heard slip (Heb. 2:1)
  • go astray (Mt. 18:12,13)
  • err from the faith (1 Tim. 6:10,21)
  • err from the faith and overthrow the faith of others (2 Tim. 2:18)
  • lose your savour (saltiness) (Lk. 14:34,35)
  • be offended by Jesus (Mt. 11:6; Mk. 14:27,29)
  • fall away from grace (Gal. 5:4)
  • believe for awhile but in time of temptation fall away (Lk. 8:13)
  • be offended, betray one another and hate one another (Mt. 24:10)
  • have your faith shipwrecked (1 Tim. 1:19)
  • turn back and no longer follow Jesus (Jn. 6:66)
  • forsake the right way and go astray (2 Pet. 2:15)
  • stop abiding in Christ and as a branch, be withered and thrown away (Jn. 15:6)
  • be offended (Jn. 16:1)
  • turn aside after Satan (which implies AWAY from the LORD) (1 Tim. 5:15)
  • depart from the faith, having your conscience seared with a hot iron (1 Tim. 4:1-2)
  • turn your ears away from the truth and turn unto fables (2 Tim. 4:4)
  • acquire an evil heart of unbelief and depart from the living God (Heb. 3:12)
  • fall away to the point where you can’t be renewed to repentance (Heb. 6:6)
  • refuse Him that speaketh from heaven (Heb. 12:25)
  • become lukewarm and get spit out of the body of Christ (Rev. 3:15,16)
  • not remain faithful and be hurt by the second death (Rev. 2:10,11)
  • have God take away your part from the tree of life and in the holy city (Rev. 22:19)
  • be led away with the error of the wicked and fall from your steadfastness (2 Pet 3:17)
  • be carried away by all kinds of strange doctrines (Heb. 13:9)
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. (Jude 1:21 )

Axehead

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You keep saying a gospel that has no power to change men.

These are your words - never my words. Again - why do you think/say that because I recognize that Salvation - regeneration - is immediate and permanent, that this Gospel does not change people???

That's exactly what God does is change people.

Again . . . the is a Straw Man - a logical fallacy used to try to win a debate. You saying that God has not empowered my life does not make it so.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Faith overcomes sin through Christ. The fallacy is to think anyone can get away with downgrading the gospel to a salvation scheme for carnal man.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Faith overcomes sin through Christ. The fallacy is to think anyone can get away with downgrading the gospel to a salvation scheme for carnal man.

Well, when we've been born again, we are no longer carnal men. We are a new creation.

You're fallacy is to think that because the flesh nature continues to exist and to sometimes exert control over the body that we are no longer saved when that occurs. That is what makes your "gospel" a works gospel.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, when we've been born again, we are no longer carnal men. We are a new creation.

You're fallacy is to think that because the flesh nature continues to exist and to sometimes exert control over the body that we are no longer saved when that occurs. That is what makes your "gospel" a works gospel.

See, you are doing it again! You are the one with the modern one track mind salvation agenda. You are adding that to me the way you add a false understanding when you are reading the bible. You have a prejudice that colours everything you read.

I'm talking about the power of the gospel...you just want to have an insurance plan.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You accuse me through the fog of what you are yourself doing. I have answered your questions with something better...that is not lost in the fog. But you can't see that. Fog does that...obscures the reality of the kingdom.

Resisting the truth together with unbelief in the power of God grieves the Holy Spirit. Only those who profess to be Christians can do this. All this talk of being saved through a human belief...grieves the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the Lamb of God and not meant to be exploited by men.