Growing In Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would You Rather See Peter Pan or Beauty and The Beast For Virtual Fieldtrip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you...you've been very kind to me thus far!

You're welcome. :)

where are our dreams? @April_Rose LOL

I didn't watch it last night but I think that I get it... I have watched Beauty and the Beast by myself unashamed as an adult multiple times.

I got a thing for Beast cause he's tender and possessive and all unique. RAWR. But not like hacking your webcam nutcase possessive.

LOL waiting for @April_Rose to attack

First of all, it was nothing to do with the plotline of Beauty and The Beast, it had to do with (although I haven't seen the show yet since I've been too busy but about to now :D) how the actors and actresses worked really hard and practiced to be where they were and that's how they were given the parts. I'll give my review after it when I finish it though. :D Surprisingly I also missed @Tone calling himself hot even though I liked the specific post LOL :p

Anyways, tonight's message is short and sweet it's all about hope and since we just celebrated Easter on Sunday that's the biggest hope that we currently have. :D And here's a perfect Bible verse for it too. :)

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Reactions: DuckieLady and Tone

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So,.. umm,.. I just finished the play and I thought that it was really good and all but Lumiere's hormones seemed to be running a bit wild. Just saying. I think all of those years he spent as a candlestick were finally starting to get to him as he was acting a tad bit lonely. -__-

Reactions: DuckieLady and Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So,.. umm,.. I just finished the play and I thought that it was really good and all but Lumiere's hormones seemed to be running a bit wild. Just saying. I think all of those years he spent as a candlestick were finally starting to get to him as he was acting a tad bit lonely. -__-

A howling candlestick huh...

...poor little fella...

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well today instead of a lesson there's going to be a question and if nobody answers it I'll create another topic for it, but do you guys think there's a difference between being fair to others and then just going overboard with equality. I definitely do.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well today instead of a lesson there's going to be a question and if nobody answers it I'll create another topic for it, but do you guys think there's a difference between being fair to others and then just going overboard with equality. I definitely do.
I'm having a hard time understanding the question. Do you have an example?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words to put it bluntly,.. appeasing snowflakes.

Oh, haha! I think most people, down to the center of it, want to believe that they are good people. Liberals included. People are usually just trying to go along with their convictions to whatever they believe is right and that's usually going to be shaped by whatever they surround themselves with - and most of the time in this world, it isn't going to be the word of God.

Some of these reactions we're seeing with the shaking, hyperventilating, and the panic attacks at the mere thought of someone disagreeing with them, are signs that the person has gone through extreme brainwashing. I'll listen to them but I don't agree with anything they say. Just a lot of "mm-hmms" and "Yeah" and then go back off into my own merry little world.

If they ask questions, which they usually won't, because they like to tell you what you "need" to believe more than they care about what you believe, then I'll answer honestly but keep a distance. If they are in that deep only God can take them out or some life changing experience down the road. I'm not even going to bother.

Christians have a tendency to do this too with the intention of doing what they believe is right, but we have to remember that the world can't guide our convictions - we have to depend on God's. And that also keeps us on a rope, from slipping into trouble, and from turning into the people that try to be taken seriously while dressed as women's hygiene products in costumes or half naked outside clinics.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, haha! I think most people, down to the center of it, want to believe that they are good people. Liberals included. People are usually just trying to go along with their convictions to whatever they believe is right and that's usually going to be shaped by whatever they surround themselves with - and most of the time in this world, it isn't going to be the word of God.

Some of these reactions we're seeing with the shaking, hyperventilating, and the panic attacks at the mere thought of someone disagreeing with them, are signs that the person has gone through extreme brainwashing. I'll listen to them but I don't agree with anything they say. Just a lot of "mm-hmms" and "Yeah" and then go back off into my own merry little world.

If they ask questions, which they usually won't, because they like to tell you what you "need" to believe more than they care about what you believe, then I'll answer honestly but keep a distance. If they are in that deep only God can take them out or some life changing experience down the road. I'm not even going to bother.

Christians have a tendency to do this too with the intention of doing what they believe is right, but we have to remember that the world can't guide our convictions - we have to depend on God's. And that also keeps us on a rope, from slipping into trouble, and from turning into the people that try to be taken seriously while dressed as women's hygiene products in costumes or half naked outside clinics.

I agree, but I was more talking about people getting offended with every little thing. Dr. Seuss, The Cleveland Indians, rides at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, Mr. Potato Head,.. all of these (except for maybe some of the rides) things have been around since before I was born, so why is it such an issue now?

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but I was more talking about people getting offended with every little thing. Dr. Seuss, The Cleveland Indians, rides at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, Mr. Potato Head,.. all of these (except for maybe some of the rides) things have been around since before I was born, so why is it such an issue now?

Social media notifications are used to condition us and get us addicted, but also to condition our way of thinking. It isn't that any of these things actually matter, except to cause hate and division, but it's to condition us to adapt into communism. Oregon is taking notes from Seattle and decided again that math is racist. Why? "Because it requires a correct answer." Alright, that entire sentence is actually racist, but okay..

It isn't that anyone actually cares or really thought really hard about this - absolutely nobody gives any forks or any other type of silverware at all about Mr. Potato Head or Suess, but this allows them to come in and start changing all sorts of things and ban religion, like California is trying to change our Bible and banning church and so on.

Hence why I was weirded out this week by all of the Maruchan ramen and cup of noodles being discontinued from Walmart, which is made in the USA, and replaced with Panda Signature- a Chinese product. And it sounds like that will be permanent all over the place soon.

Just keep staying smart and don't fall into the brainwashing. Most of the people you see on Reddit, YouTube, anywhere, aren't actually real anyway. They're the CCP.

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh come on!! Now they're saying math is racist? That just doesn't add up. :rolleyes:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I love this verse, it was painted on the wall of the Teen Challenge I was in in Lynnwood, CA...

I actually just recited this out loud at work today...so my boss could hear!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this verse, it was painted on the wall of the Teen Challenge I was in in Lynnwood, CA...

I actually just recited this out loud at work today...so my boss could hear!

Cool! :cool:

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No difference...they're equal...lol...

Just kidding. I think being fair is more Biblical than the whole idea of equality...I mean...the former is about relationships and the latter is a mathematical concept.

So, if we buy into the quantification (that a word?) of people...we'll be counting ad infinitum...and math is not my forte. But, I am working towards people being where my investments at...burn the money, hunt for the treasure...Arrrrrrrr....!

Last edited:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a pacifist...

I pass my fists...

...and go straight to the heavy artillery...

Jk