Growing Up In Him

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; - Ephesians 4:1,12-14.

Babes in Christ stand on scripture. On going believers stand in the knowing of; I am crucified with Christ. I'll be honest with you.. that only happens with on going believers to come to "it is no longer I but Christ in me that lives." Babes do not come into that knowledge on their own. They do everything to make scripture work in them, and in life. Standing on scripture doing what they are told to do to make it work. That is how we grow up. They don't need parents of the flesh.. they will need those that can instruct them in the things of God.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

It will make life alot easier to grow up in him. Most will be as rebellious as when they were in the world - because now they have a new nature in (Christ in you nature) them, but they handle the new man the same way as the old, and try to control the new Christ in you nature! That will never work out.

So you get the old man knowledge trying to live the new Christ in you nature. That dear friends is the dilemma of all dilemmas. What moves us on - Paul said you would be among most men miserable.

What is that? You have Christ in you - and do not know how that life works. It's kind of like giving! Have you seen those that seem to need your money or they cannot stay in ministry. They want you to trust God - but they will not make it unless you do something. That's ignorance! But what happens is you can watch those that give, and the Lord will always bless giving.. most of the time unless he is ready for you to move in him. Just because he bless's giving in no way does it make my plea of you giving, of any substance. And the heavens will be brass. It is your time to get up and move. When the Lord moves you - you will know it. You cannot give your way out, you can't pray your way out.. you can't speak your way out, it is time. You will know.

The scripture says we will know, John 14:20. We have no excuse. That is the pressure of this life - to move you to a greater understanding of scripture, and the Christ in you! We must take those opportunities when they come, because I don't know. And the only way to know is move on. It's the promise land. They had to go in.. first they had to obey God in doing what he said to do. Two believed God, the rest hem hawed around and would not take that land. The fun and games of religion.. and you end up with what we have in the world today!

Reactions: MatthewG