Guns, Guns, Killing, and more Guns

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is only one place where we or the Apostles were it is expressed to gain a weapon, Luke 22:36 - Then He said to them, But now,he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and He who has NO sword, let him sell his garment and buy one! 37, read at your own time. 38- So they said, Lord look, here are Two Swords. And He [the Lord] said to them; that is enough!
I just posted these verses for clarity. I believe that the end of Our Saviors life was at hand, and He knew that the wicked might pose a threat to the Apostles, Self-defense is not a sin, protecting your Family is not a sin. when He said two were enough, maybe He only saw them as tools for threatening would be Attackers!

"Now in my opinion, there may be some who before, were ordained to defend others in the time to come, weather by sword, or guns, or just a stand off until others can escape. who rely knows?

Yes @Truth, I would agree with this. It's the whole mentality (IMHO) of: 'everybody NEEDS to stockpile weapons against the Govt.' thing that gets me all worked up, but only when it concerns Christians...that IS something I would expect from the world though.
Bless you,
-nancy

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know there is no response here.
I do understand your Point, We as Believer should Have complete,Unwavering, sold out, not a slight unsureity , total dependence on God and Savior to keep us from harm in any form!
But will there come a time that we are tested, to see if we are unwavering, sold out, ect! will any of us just get in line and allow our enemies to lead us to the chopping block, Deny or Die! I Believe we will be tested!
The early church was tested, right into the lions den in the arena.
They are called martyrs.

Reactions: Nancy and Pisteuo

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me personally, no.
What do I need a gun for? If I had one someone would just take it off me and use it on me!! :)

But I stand by what I said. I do not believe government should disarm the people. That gives the governments all the power.

You may believe and trust governments...I do NOT!!
To Mr Ordinary it 'looks like' the countries are different and disagree on things.
It is all one big chess board ...manipulating the pawns...to bring forth a One World Government and 100% control.

But, you are free to believe and trust whoever you like!! ;)
I never said anything about gun control by anyone.
In fact 5 of my 8 paragraphs in the OP are about you and your relationship with God.
You only see and read what you want.
I commented on that in the OP as well.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Many Christians believe it is okay to have guns and be ready to kill people if necessary.
Their argument?
"If someone breaks into my house and starts raping and killing my wife and children, I need to be prepared to protect them.

There is nothing in the Bible to back this up as I and others could prove to anyone that would be willing to listen.
Most pro gunners just close their ears to my responses.

Does anyone know of any Christians who have been in this situation?
Does anyone know of a Christian who was prepared with a gun and killed all the bad guys?
This situation doesn't exist.

What does exist is that Christians may be hurt by the world.
Our weapons are prayer and the Word of God.
Have problems believing that?
Start by working on your prayer life.
The more of a prayer warrior you become, the safer you will feel.
Learn to walk with Jesus day and night.
Then who could hurt you?
How much does God protect you?
How much of your life have you given him?

My point is that I have given my life to Jesus as has my wife.
We trust in him to meet out needs, to keep us safe and healthy.
Even though I continue to have health problems, I keep getting better.
Even though I continue to have financial problems, I keep overcoming them.
Even though I live in a rough neighborhood, it seems as though everyone's afraid of us instead of the other way around.

Jesus will protect you better than a gun.
He will protect your family better than a gun.
He will provide for you in life better than you can do it yourself.

It's time to truly give your life to Jesus.
Step out in faith, lay everything at the foot of the cross, and walk away knowing you are a better person for it.

I pray you receive this with faith, hope, and love.
Amen.

In the neighborhood where I lived in New York, someone did get shot and died.

Usually the house was empty because of work and school for the kids.
One day, during the warm weather, someone broke into the house.
The mother happened to be home that day due to illness; the thieves were surprised and, I don't remember what happened, but she was shot to death.

I don't know if the mother was Christian...

I also know of cases, on the news, of kids who take guns from their home that belong to a father and kill themselves or others with them.
So, take you pick, I guess.

We never had a gun, but if I lived in a remote area, I'd probably want one for many reasons, some of which are covered by post no. 14. I also agree with @"ByGrace" regarding the government idea.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skip a verse and tell me to read it later.
That's an insult to me.

SORRY, I do not have cut and paste options, and it is difficult for me to read at length, I read verse 37 and saw no point as far as context! If you are still offended it was not my intention! I thought you wanted scripture that pertained to the gathering of weapons!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never said anything about gun control by anyone.
In fact 5 of my 8 paragraphs in the OP are about you and your relationship with God.
You only see and read what you want.
I commented on that in the OP as well.

Oh I agree, you didn't say anything about gun control.
But your header is "Gun, Guns, killing, and more guns."
Hardly a benign " come to Jesus" heading! o_O

As I say, No I do not need a gun to protect myself personally...The Lord is all I need and He has done so for the last 76 years...I have confidence that He will do the rest. My times are in His hand.
Mr Ordinary does not have Jesus...therefore....

I know lots of Christians that have guns...I don't see it as any great sin.
Whether they chose to use them in an emergency or not, I have no idea...
I can only speak for me and my house...we do not.

As I have said...I am against disarmament.
I am sure Christian that have guns can hear as clearly from the Lord as anyone.... if the Lord has not convicted them to give them up...then so be it.
As long as they are prayed up and have an ear for the Lord if in a state or emergency... there is no sin it that.

So, do you think that all countries should disarm and 'just pray'.
Or when someone advances on you or your wife with a weapon to cut off your head...you believe you just stand there and wait for it?
I don't see that in the bible patterns.

Do you "just pray" at night and never lock your doors?

Maybe all your answers are Yes. If so, you are a better man than I.
We lock our door.
My bible says "Be as wise as serpents buy as harmless a doves."

Wisdom does have a place in our lives.

Bless you...H

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch 111 writes, "Self defense is not forbidden in the Bible.
Show me where Jesus taught this.
Don't use the Old Testament.
Israel was a nation, Christianity is not.
Jesus taught peace.
Where did he say to have weapons for self defense?
Two swords for the whole group?
Use one sword to attack the enemy, then Jesus has to straighten it all out peacefully.
What's going on?
Explain the use of two swords with Scripture that can back it up.
Two swords.
"That's enough", Jesus said.
That's quite an army.
Where else in Scripture are we told to defend ourselves?
Two swords.
They must mean something else.

Huh, well when you put it that way, I am once again forced to re-think my precarious stance on all of this...AGAIN.
I suppose if you really look at it through through HIS eyes...nothing is impossible for Him...He IS our protector...though He slay me...I guess it all boils down to our faith.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...it all boils down to H.E.A.R.I.N.G...
We can only have faith in what we hear from the Lord. "Faith comes by hearing.." Romans 10

Noah heard, he acted..
Abraham heard, he acted..
Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Jesus...
With out hearing it is just 'faith in faith"...which ended up being The Faith Movement...and whoops 'Down the rabbit hole'...

th2cents.gif

Reactions: Nancy

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms and was adopted on December 15, 1791, as part of the first ten amendments contained in the Bill of Rights.[1][2][3][4] The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the right belongs to individuals for self defense,[5][6] while also ruling that the right is not unlimited and does not prohibit all regulation of either firearms or similar devices.[7] State and local governments are limited to the same extent as the federal government from infringing this right, per the incorporation of the Bill of Rights.[8]

Carrying a firearm into public places with the intent to harm others is not a constitutional right

Buying a firearm with the intent to harm others is not a constitutional right

The public has a God Given right to prevent people who want to harm others from buying a firearm.

One method to insure the public's safety is to require background checks before selling a firearm to an individual.
That is my right to require background checks for the safety of all.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SORRY, I do not have cut and paste options, and it is difficult for me to read at length, I read verse 37 and saw no point as far as context! If you are still offended it was not my intention! I thought you wanted scripture that pertained to the gathering of weapons!
How can a verse between two others not be in context?
Maybe it's your interpretation that's not in context?
That would explain your lack of knowledge of Scripture.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can a verse between two others not be in context?
Maybe it's your interpretation that's not in context?
That would explain your lack of knowledge of Scripture.

Well I never claimed to be as brilliant as you, and I never claimed to be a scholar of Scripture, but I have always tried to be Humble, and I have always tried to reconcile on offence, as I have tried with my last response to you, But that probably makes you think I am weak!
So as not to further Insult you, I will try not to respond to any of your threads, or posts, you probably do not want to hear from Idiots like me anyway!
May the Love of Our Savior Saturate your Soul. Shalom

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...it all boils down to H.E.A.R.I.N.G...
We can only have faith in what we hear from the Lord. "Faith comes by hearing.." Romans 10

Noah heard, he acted..
Abraham heard, he acted..
Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Jesus...
With out hearing it is just 'faith in faith"...which ended up being The Faith Movement...and whoops 'Down the rabbit hole'...

View attachment 2981

Okay, this is where my thoughts are in the moment, lol. I do not believe Jesus would have us be helpless if you, your family, friends, and yes pet's too were being attacked or harmed by some intruder in your home. Although, I have a problem with 1-Stockpiling weapons in case the govt. goes Marshall Law. (what will all those weapons do if they drop a bomb on you) :rolleyes:

2-Other than war (which I HATE, but understand is at times necessary) I see NO need for any kind of automatic or semi automatic weapon (which can be converted easily to full automatic) in a civilian home.
If yer gonna use it for hunting, wow-just go to the zoo, same thing, no challenge. Or target practice-not much challenge their either o_O.

I have no problem for those who are able to handle a weapon so -like you said @"ByGrace" they cannot take it from you and use against you, lol...but just NOT an automatic one. Also our trust, is obviously in Jesus first and foremost...we are still in this world and should use caution and common sense...JMHO!!!
I want your emoticons!!!! :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I never claimed to be as brilliant as you, and I never claimed to be a scholar of Scripture, but I have always tried to be Humble, and I have always tried to reconcile on offence, as I have tried with my last response to you, But that probably makes you think I am weak!
So as not to further Insult you, I will try not to respond to any of your threads, or posts, you probably do not want to hear from Idiots like me anyway!
May the Love of Our Savior Saturate your Soul. Shalom
Lol, you throw me to the wolves and then you say, "May the Love of Our Savior Saturate your Soul. Shalom"
Please, don't humble your ego so greatly
you may cripple me

Reactions: Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand this statement.
But it sounds like you are walking on the fence, trying to say you are a Christian on one hand and ready to kill someone on the other hand.
You have two different cases: the believer who is trusting in God and the unbeliever who trusts in his own conclusions. The problem of course is that some believers choose to trust in themselves for some things. This is not saying that no believer can own a physical weapon, but the question of whether or not he should does remain. There are also some believers who don't go to doctors.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, you throw me to the wolves and then you say, "May the Love of Our Savior Saturate your Soul. Shalom"
Please, don't humble your ego so greatly
you may cripple me

Weather you believe this or not, It comes from my heart, I have Admired you, Willie T, aspen Bbyrd, and a few others on this Forum, for your Knowledge of Scripture, I have the desire to be more informed, So if you think I was trying to be Sarcastic, I was not! Again I was not trying to Insult you on the Previous post! Well I do not know what else to say! Peace, Shalom

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weather you believe this or not, It comes from my heart, I have Admired you, Willie T, aspen Bbyrd, and a few others on this Forum, for your Knowledge of Scripture, I have the desire to be more informed, So if you think I was trying to be Sarcastic, I was not! Again I was not trying to Insult you on the Previous post! Well I do not know what else to say! Peace, Shalom
Sorry truthman, I'm always causing trouble somehow, I don't even have to try.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wives and children look to their husbands and fathers for protection. A gun would come in handy for easier and faster way to give that protection.
You are presenting the proper reason for having any weapon for self-defense, or defending your loved ones. It does NOT translate into an immediate execution, but even executions of evildoers by the powers that be are permitted by God (Rom 13:1-5).

And loving your neighbors can also mean getting rid of evildoers who would harm your neighbors. If a murderer or rapist is disabled for life because he attempted a home invasion, that is righteous.

Phineas executed two evildoers and he was deemed righteous by God.

Numbers 25:7-13 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand; 8 and he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel. 9 And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand.

10 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 11 Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy. 12 Wherefore say, Behold, I give unto him my covenant of peace: 13 and he shall have it, and his seed after him, even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't understand this statement.
But it sounds like you are walking on the fence, trying to say you are a Christian on one hand and ready to kill someone on the other hand.
Is killing someone the same as self-defense?
Is killing the same as murder?
I believe the answer is no.

Someone can kill someone but not murder them.
Also, basically man does not want to use a gun...they have to be trained to even use it correctly.

Reactions: Helen