Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure but did God tell you to buy groceries from a grocery store? Probably not. Did God tell you to use a computer to get online and join a forum? Probably not. There are many things God did not tell you to do in the bible that we must do today. Times have changed and we must change with them. In a good way and Godly way of course.
God's Word does command us to abstain from the appearance of evil. He did say that we are to come out from the world and be separate. We don't need to get crazy to understand what He means by that.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure but did God tell you to buy groceries from a grocery store? Probably not. Did God tell you to use a computer to get online and join a forum? Probably not. There are many things God did not tell you to do in the bible that we must do today. Times have changed and we must change with them. In a good way and Godly way of course.

Totally disagree as we are talking about holy days and the observance of what they are from a Biblical perspective. They had markets and they traded also in their day. This is totally off point. As obviously there are day to day things they all did and we do that are not recorded in His word. We are talking about the observance and worship of God. That is so Greek thinking and philosophical. If you need to approach your walk with Yahweh from that perspective and to try and justify your actions with that philosophy well I am sorry.
How about, we may not fully understand the why or the how, but for me it is good enough that "because Yahweh said so" I don't need to fully understand the why! I believe He has my full interest at heart and only wants the very best for me in all areas of my life. Now I don't fully understand why He teaches us to worship Him the way He states in His word which is from Gen through to Rev. It never contradicts itself and Yahweh never changes. But Yahweh declares that if I do all will go well for me and I will live a happy peaceful life.
This is opposite to what I am seeing how the world is and to be honest most of Christianity because of the very thing that is being discussed in this thread. Many people are doing things in the name of Yahweh that He never instructed us to do. They are learning from the pagans and nations and trying to worship Yahweh that way when Yahweh clearly teaches not to learn their ways. Yahweh's word not mine. Yahweh does not change, Yeshua is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Shalom

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While on the subject of Halloween here's one to lighten the mood:

What is Dr Fauci's favorite holiday?
Ans: Halloween because everyone wants to wear a mask.

Wah Wah Wah Waaaaah!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word does command us to abstain from the appearance of evil. He did say that we are to come out from the world and be separate. We don't need to get crazy to understand what He means by that.
Yeah I was just noting that just because God didn't tell us to do something in the bible does not mean we shouldn't do that thing. It's not a valid argument.

OK, just imagine I'm a robot, I'm a robot and programmed by the bible and can only execute code directly from the bible. That kinda limits my responses as a robot. So what would you like to do today? Only responses from the bible please. And please stick to the new testament programming since the old testament programming involves breaking the law, like putting sinners to death, or having multiple wives and slaves and such.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While on the subject of Halloween here's one to lighten the mood:

What is Dr Fauci's favorite holiday?
Ans: Halloween because everyone wants to wear a mask.

Wah Wah Wah Waaaaah!
Criminals like halloween too.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally disagree as we are talking about holy days and the observance of what they are from a Biblical perspective. They had markets and they traded also in their day. This is totally off point. As obviously there are day to day things they all did and we do that are not recorded in His word. We are talking about the observance and worship of God. That is so Greek thinking and philosophical. If you need to approach your walk with Yahweh from that perspective and to try and justify your actions with that philosophy well I am sorry.
How about, we may not fully understand the why or the how, but for me it is good enough that "because Yahweh said so" I don't need to fully understand the why! I believe He has my full interest at heart and only wants the very best for me in all areas of my life. Now I don't fully understand why He teaches us to worship Him the way He states in His word which is from Gen through to Rev. It never contradicts itself and Yahweh never changes. But Yahweh declares that if I do all will go well for me and I will live a happy peaceful life.
This is opposite to what I am seeing how the world is and to be honest most of Christianity because of the very thing that is being discussed in this thread. Many people are doing things in the name of Yahweh that He never instructed us to do. They are learning from the pagans and nations and trying to worship Yahweh that way when Yahweh clearly teaches not to learn their ways. Yahweh's word not mine. Yahweh does not change, Yeshua is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Shalom
OK I'll admit that halloween is a pretty bad example of a holiday to conform to Christianity. But what about Christmas and Easter. And what if you're observing all hallows eve at the time of halloween? All hallows eve is a Christian tradition.

Reactions: Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Shalom
Genesis to Revelation.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I was just noting that just because God didn't tell us to do something in the bible does not mean we shouldn't do that thing. It's not a valid argument.
I hear you ....and yet, you have a choice of whether to obey what His Word clearly states. See what I'm saying? I am not here to beat you up.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here we go!

it’s October!

so the subject is: Halloween!

share your thoughts on it

is it holy or satanic?

Christian or of the world?

thanks
We don't have any good reason to engage with darkness.

We just don't.

"It's only for fun." Okay. Why do you have to do what everyone else does? Why not find something else to do?

The angels that chased after darkness fell from Heaven and now they're called demons.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK I'll admit that halloween is a pretty bad example of a holiday to conform to Christianity. But what about Christmas and Easter. And what if you're observing all hallows eve at the time of halloween? All hallows eve is a Christian tradition.
Easter is another one that is pagan (satanic) from the roots. Its roots go all the way back to Nimrod. Let's not confuse Resurrection and Passover with easter. They aren't the same.

Reactions: Ancient

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter is another one that is pagan (satanic) from the roots. Its roots go all the way back to Nimrod. Let's not confuse Resurrection and Passover with easter. They aren't the same.
Well I see Alice in wonderland as Satanic, but not easter. And yes the bunny in Alice in wonderland gives me the creeps.

Reactions: DuckieLady

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I see Alice in wonderland as Satanic, but not easter. And yes the bunny in Alice in wonderland gives me the creeps.
Do you not see what I was saying??.the word easter comes from a fertility goddess....ishtar (or other various spellings). It has nothing to do with Passover and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And btw .....AiW is satanic. lol
It was and is used as a script for trauma based mind control programming, along with most other Disney productions. Disney was a satanist. Michael Aquino loved using Disney as scripts as well as Star Wars.

Reactions: Ancient

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think Alice and Wonderland is bad don't read the crazy history behind Peter Pan. Horrid
Yeah that sounds interesting if you care to elaborate. Not a big fan of peter pan. Couldn't connect with it really.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not see what I was saying??.the word easter comes from a fertility goddess....ishtar (or other various spellings). It has nothing to do with Passover and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It was and is used as a script for trauma based mind control programming, along with most other Disney productions. Disney was a satanist. Michael Aquino loved using Disney as scripts as well as Star Wars.
Well the half naked porky pig gives me the creeps and so does the dancing mouse:

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also I didn't find this reference to Easter. I only found this on wikipedia:

Easter,[nb 1] also called Pascha (Aramaic, Greek, Latin)[nb 2], Zatik (Armenian) or Resurrection Sunday [nb 3] is a Christian festival and cultural holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial following his crucifixion by the Romans at Calvary c. 30 AD.[7][8] It is the culmination of the Passion of Jesus, preceded by Lent (or Great Lent), a 40-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also I didn't find this reference to Easter. I only found this on wikipedia:

Easter,[nb 1] also called Pascha (Aramaic, Greek, Latin)[nb 2], Zatik (Armenian) or Resurrection Sunday [nb 3] is a Christian festival and cultural holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial following his crucifixion by the Romans at Calvary c. 30 AD.[7][8] It is the culmination of the Passion of Jesus, preceded by Lent (or Great Lent), a 40-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance.
Wiki is not completely accurate.....they are not one and the same.

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that sounds interesting if you care to elaborate. Not a big fan of peter pan. Couldn't connect with it really.

I'm at the laundry room right now so I'm going off of memory but the writer was a predator snuck his way into family to get close to their boys, one in particular that he would write letters to. There is more but I can't remember the whole thing...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm at the laundry room right now so I'm going off of memory but the writer was a predator snuck his way into family to get close to their boys, one in particular that he would write letters to. There is more but I can't remember the whole thing...
Creepy. I always wondered why childrens stories were always so dark. I thought it was to educate children against evil. But maybe it was to install fear. Like Hansel and Gretel and little red riding hood.