Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Halloween is a night for kids to get candy. If someone is killing children, they should be arrested, tried, and punished.

I'm not aware of any kids who don't enjoy soliciting candy.
You should believe the ones who have experienced it. If you don't believe me, then how do you expect anyone else to?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should believe the ones who have experienced it. If you don't believe me, then how do you expect anyone else to?
I haven't talked with anyone who has experienced it.

I don't know you so I have to take your words with a grain of salt.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So be it.... ignorance is bliss, but it doesn't do a thing for the victims.

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely terrible.
"You shall have no other gods before me," still stands, for a good reason!
I will not celebrate Halloween, though I will be close enough to pull someone out, if I can!
We must, as Yahweh's people, disengage from the pagan culture, and, under the guidance of Holy Spirit, bring our children with us.
We must be wise as serpents, innocent as doves! Lord, help us!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am so sorry. I was like you also. Being totally indoctrinated with the false doctrines of men, antisemitism, replacement theology etc etc. There are unfulfilled prophecies in Jerimiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah that specifically teach about the House of Judah and the House of Israel being joined again into one stick i.e. one man. No house of Christianity or Gentiles mentioned. The law being written on our hearts instead of stone. Guess what it's the same Law. Paul teaches we have become citizens of the Commonwealth of Israel, we are grafted in to Israel. Paul is Jewish and a Pharisee after what many assume as Paul's conversion he himself testified I am of the Tribe of Benjamin, a pharisee of pharisee's Paul didn't run around saying I am a Christian and we have replaced Israel. He was an Israelite!
They were known as "of the way" which was regarded as a branch of Judaism. Now I am not saying Judaism is right either IT IS ALL ABOUT MESSIAH YESHUA.

Shalom
Yeshua hamashiach, savior of the nations!
Amen, brother!
images

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Over in the U.K. we use the above expression when we doubt someone’s words because they have a history of lying, it’s not really used in the context you have used it. We would say ‘ I reserve judgment because I don’t know enough or know you very well…….why not check out TLHKAJ testimony …..then you would know her a bit more and understand her posts here in context. …..http://www.christianityboard.com/threads/understanding-mpd-did-sra-mk.34962/

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people have told me that it goes back to something called "All Saints Day" or All Hallows' Day, or Hallowmas, which I guess is Nov 1. So I guess Halloween is the eve before, like Christmas eve.

To my thinking giving glory to us people as opposed to God is just asking for trouble!!! Jesus said of us, "If you being evil".

We are sinners in need of our Lord. If we believe in Him we are reckoned as righteous, but being righteous and reckoned or counted as righteous is not the same thing.

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

So it seems to be a foolish and prideful thing to start glorifying people, even people who know the Lord. It is taking our eyes off God and putting them on evil, selfish, prideful people. I don't even think it wise to glorify angels either. The angels that serve the Lord are incredible but when you talk to them they glorify Jesus Christ, and are not willing to take glory of worship to themselves. So why would we think that is a good thing to do? I don't believe it is, and it give the devil the opportunity and a door to get at us.

Specifically Jesus said if you being evil know how to give good gifts - so we wind up giving candy to kids. Maybe a little candy as a treat is not so bad but do we over do it. And a little party might not be so bad, but it seems like we often over do those too. Then we wind up honoring even the wrong types of people, often dressing up as some of the worst people in our society. And we even go worse than that, often dressing up as demons and the dead.

There is one thing good about Halloween. It shows how we people really are - "evil" just like Jesus said. So perhaps we can look at it and learn from it. And so it is that the church I go to, and I am sure others too, make an extra effort to combat the evil in it and try to focus on the better parts of it. They still give out lots of candy, and dress up, but they do it with reverence to the Lord and try to keep it fun for everyone.

There is something written about how God takes what was meant for evil and turns it to good for those who love Him. Isn't He awesome?

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some people have told me that it goes back to something called "All Saints Day" or All Hallows' Day, or Hallowmas, which I guess is Nov 1. So I guess Halloween is the eve before, like Christmas eve.

To my thinking giving glory to us people as opposed to God is just asking for trouble!!! Jesus said of us, "If you being evil".

We are sinners in need of our Lord. If we believe in Him we are reckoned as righteous, but being righteous and reckoned or counted as righteous is not the same thing.

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

So it seems to be a foolish and prideful thing to start glorifying people, even people who know the Lord. It is taking our eyes off God and putting them on evil, selfish, prideful people. I don't even think it wise to glorify angels either. The angels that serve the Lord are incredible but when you talk to them they glorify Jesus Christ, and are not willing to take glory of worship to themselves. So why would we think that is a good thing to do? I don't believe it is, and it give the devil the opportunity and a door to get at us.

Specifically Jesus said if you being evil know how to give good gifts - so we wind up giving candy to kids. Maybe a little candy as a treat is not so bad but do we over do it. And a little party might not be so bad, but it seems like we often over do those too. Then we wind up honoring even the wrong types of people, often dressing up as some of the worst people in our society. And we even go worse than that, often dressing up as demons and the dead.

There is one thing good about Halloween. It shows how we people really are - "evil" just like Jesus said. So perhaps we can look at it and learn from it. And so it is that the church I go to, and I am sure others too, make an extra effort to combat the evil in it and try to focus on the better parts of it. They still give out lots of candy, and dress up, but they do it with reverence to the Lord and try to keep it fun for everyone.

There is something written about how God takes what was meant for evil and turns it to good for those who love Him. Isn't He awesome?
Change from within...like He did with ancient Rome. Like He does with us...if we repent.
"The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever.” Revelation 11:15

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello my very strong sister. This depth of evil is hidden so well, specially with the veeeery rich and influential. Most have zero empathy T. unless they themselves see, read, or are a victim of this monster.
Joy, as we know, has up close and in your face abuse from childhood...she is being put back together by God, Amen.
You are much loved and, I hope you will keep at this sister, it will NEVER be on the "news"
xo

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Rita

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so sorry. I was like you also. Being totally indoctrinated with the false doctrines of men, antisemitism, replacement theology etc etc. There are unfulfilled prophecies in Jerimiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah that specifically teach about the House of Judah and the House of Israel being joined again into one stick i.e. one man. No house of Christianity or Gentiles mentioned. The law being written on our hearts instead of stone. Guess what it's the same Law. Paul teaches we have become citizens of the Commonwealth of Israel, we are grafted in to Israel. Paul is Jewish and a Pharisee after what many assume as Paul's conversion he himself testified I am of the Tribe of Benjamin, a pharisee of pharisee's Paul didn't run around saying I am a Christian and we have replaced Israel. He was an Israelite!
They were known as "of the way" which was regarded as a branch of Judaism. Now I am not saying Judaism is right either IT IS ALL ABOUT MESSIAH YESHUA.

Shalom

Christ replaced david as king Lk 1:32-33
The new covenant church replaced old covenant israel matt 21:43

supersupresionism
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator not two

the Jews must convert and be baptized like everyone else! Acts 2:38

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over in the U.K. we use the above expression when we doubt someone’s words because they have a history of lying, it’s not really used in the context you have used it. We would say ‘ I reserve judgment because I don’t know enough or know you very well…….why not check out TLHKAJ testimony …..then you would know her a bit more and understand her posts here in context. …..http://www.christianityboard.com/threads/understanding-mpd-did-sra-mk.34962/
Rita, I appreciate this so much. Thank you❤️

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my very strong sister. This depth of evil is hidden so well, specially with the veeeery rich and influential. Most have zero empathy T. unless they themselves see, read, or are a victim of this monster.
Joy, as we know, has up close and in your face abuse from childhood...she is being put back together by God, Amen.
You are much loved and, I hope you will keep at this sister, it will NEVER be on the "news"
xo
Yes, she is .....praise God!!
I'm so grateful to the Lord for you. Hugs to my sister❤️

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF we are going to address this pagan day , then let us at least call it by its proper name . HELLOWEEN .
How clever the devil has always been . he always turns evil and makes it seem harmless and fun and cute .
But in the end its always evil .
HALLOW is a term WORTHY ONLY UNTO GOD . HALLOWED BE HIS NAME . NOT THIS infected day .
It will be named only HELLOWEEN in my presence . Though i be nothing , I will warn against this pagan day
as did our beloved brother timothy so many , many years ago . Just cause they deck it up with candy and cutesy things
DONT make it any less evil than it has always been . Dont ya know that is how satan seduces the children .
He makes it seem cute and harmless and thus the parents go with the flow and the children carry on the torch of honoring
NOT GOD , but the devil . Do we really think GOD thinks its cute when our children , or WE , dress up
with costumes and celebrate such an event . Learn the GOD of the bible well . FOR SURELY this does and will anger HIM .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

supersupresionism
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Yeah , about this . The new covenant does not teach us to honor evil . But to deny evil , to deny the flesh
to deny unholy days like helloween . HALLOW is a term for GOD alone .
And remember this well , can we partake of the cup of devils and of GOD , of CHRIST . NOPE . that is called heavy deception .
To honor evil by calling it good , wont never make it GOOD . no matter what we tell ourselves at night
in the end , GOD never desired us to partake of evil . SATAN DID . ITS Why he dressed up this day to make it seem harmless .
Satan aint taking a nap my friend . HE is causing not only the world but most all churchs now to worship him .
HE has always desired the worship , he ceases not to decieve . LET US LEARN OUR BIBLES and beware of men who teach contrary .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

supersupresionism

OH yes, for sure there is but ONE mediator between GOD and men . THE MAN CHRIST JESUS .
Thus anyone , whether jew or whether gentile , who desires salvation , MUST come to saving FAITH IN JESUS .
Do pay attention to first timothy chapter two verse five . IT says ONE mediator , NOT TWO .
ONLY JESUS is the mediator between man and GOD . No other name can be this mediator . Not mine , not yours , not mary
not peter . Fact is PETER , mary and the true ones did know that JESUS alone was the ONLY mediator .
Imagine the shame they must feel at folks who call the blessed mary our mediator . WHEN in truth
all mary ever did was POINT TO JESUS . Ponder deeply on the true things of GOD .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah , about this . The new covenant does not teach us to honor evil . But to deny evil , to deny the flesh
to deny unholy days like helloween . HALLOW is a term for GOD alone .
And remember this well , can we partake of the cup of devils and of GOD , of CHRIST . NOPE . that is called heavy deception .
To honor evil by calling it good , wont never make it GOOD . no matter what we tell ourselves at night
in the end , GOD never desired us to partake of evil . SATAN DID . ITS Why he dressed up this day to make it seem harmless .
Satan aint taking a nap my friend . HE is causing not only the world but most all churchs now to worship him .
HE has always desired the worship , he ceases not to decieve . LET US LEARN OUR BIBLES and beware of men who teach contrary .

where did I say to honor evil?

that’s bearing false witness

hallow means holy and God is holy but so are his saints filled with his graces