Happy Second Beast of Revelation 13!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Wesley, like all the great Protestant Reformers, knew the First Beast of Revelation 13 was the Roman catholic papacy, and that its 1,260 year reign would last from its inception in 538 A.D. to 1798 A.D.

Wesley, in his circa 1770 A.D. commentary on Revelation 13, wrote that the time of the First Beast was almost up, and that we were to look for the rise of the Second Beast which was not far off.

If he and the rest of the Protestant Reformers were alive today, they would no doubt see in the prophecy of the Second Beast the United States of America. Unlike all the other beasts which arose "from the sea" which represents "peoples, multitudes, nations and tongues", it rose up "out of the Earth", meaning in a sparsely populated land during the time the papacy was receiving the "deadly wound" in 1798, to fulfill all the identifying marks of prophecy. Today, our sad nation has ceased to be that "two horns" lamblike Christian nation and is truly speaking "as a dragon" and has been for a while now.

When it comes to end times prophecy, it only makes sense that the most powerful religious system and the most powerful nation would be mentioned. I know people think China is the new superpower, but trust me, the United States military industrial complex is unmatched and the world knows it and cowers before it, despite the apparent "weakness" our current leadership is demonstrating. How unfortunate this great nation will force the entire world to bow down to and accept the Mark of the First Beast whose deadly wound is healing nicely - so much so that non-catholics everywhere fiercely defend criticism of her, despite the fact that she teaches Christ's blood has nothing to do with yours and my salvation, that the priest is to be approached as "another Christ", that the popes "hold up this Earth the place of God almighty", that in the bottomless barrel of "merit", Mary's good works are more potent than Christ's, etc.

If anyone's anxious about the direction of our country, and thinks a Trump ticket or Desantis ticket will "right the ship", I would spare you the disappointment and ask that you watch this series from beginning to end, smile, roll up your sleeves, and focus on preaching the only thing that matters: the final warning Three Angels Messages of salvation and evacuation :)