Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really I would probably be fine with anything- I am just trying to find a feasible system where I don't overwhelm myself.

Gonna do FlyLady again, too, I think.

Put my little ducks in order
image0-7.jpeg

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean the sort that body builders use. My son used to get those but they were expensive.
Not necessarily. There are many choices. I'd find one that has organic ingredients, though.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One day I was sitting in McDonalds. As I munched on my burger, I watched a large bus pull into the parking lot. Written on the side, in large letters, were the words, "Weight Watchers." It came to a stop and the doors opened up. About 30 hefty women rushed off and ran to the McDonald's. They pushed through the doors and scurried to the counter. I kept my mouth shut. Lol

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Has anyone tried weight watchers?" Nan, not enough flesh on them to get a decent feed. :D

When I was smoking I was as skinny as a rake handle, but when I stopped I substituted food for cigarettes and rapidly gained weight. After gaining a little weight my heredity predisposition to have sleep apnoea then kicked in and I ate food to gain the energy that I was losing because of my sleep apnoea and I gained weight rapidly and the number of apneas I experienced increased rapidly to the point where I was micro sleeping, even in the middle of a conversation.

Since last Christmas, I have lost between 11 to 13 kilograms and with my CAPA machine my apneas have reduced from 3-6 apneas an hour, 12 months ago, down to less that one apnoea per hour. I could still lose another 25% of my present weight to get me down to a weight that is closer to what I weighted when I was first married which was around 65 kilos.

I gained weight when I stopped smoking. Since you have substituted vaping for cigarettes, then perhaps if you stopped vaping as well, you may begin to gain weight.

The reason I gained so much weight was that I did not control my diet such that I ate, sensibly, only what I needed to eat. I was literally on a "See food diet," and that caused health problems for me with my heredity pre-disposition for sleep apneas.

As I have previously posted, hand over all of your problems to God and trust Him to be able to handle them all.

Shalom

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?
OP ^

Had a friend that did and said it helped her to lose a lot of weight.

Me. I watch my own weight, not by what I eat, but by what the scales say and how my clothes fit. Was fit and happy with my weight in high school, and 6 pounds heavier now, and content.

And my usual is to eat a huge breakfast, light lunch or a snack, (fruit, nuts, chocolate) and meat, veggies, supper...after clean up...dessert.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the only solution for me is probably take a day to meal prep and have things on hand and ready to go. (Can't get too lazy that way)

Maybe do it a couple of times a week. I can't bring myself to eat chicken after it has been sitting in the fridge for three days.

Reactions: dev553344

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about trying it to maintain/gain weight.

I just think it would be easier for me to have some kind of guide to go off of and I was wondering what people thought about it.
Gain weight? I got 15 extra pounds you're welcome to. But I'm sure they'll look even worse on you than they do on me.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thinking about trying it to maintain/gain weight.

I just think it would be easier for me to have some kind of guide to go off of and I was wondering what people thought about it.
I think I'll call you Fyd! Lol Hey, it's only fair...you get to call me Truman! What were my parents thinking? Lol

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I'll call you Fyd! Lol Hey, it's only fair...you get to call me Truman! What were my parents thinking? Lol
Lol! I like the name Truman.

Gain weight? I got 15 extra pounds you're welcome to. But I'm sure they'll look even worse on you than they do on me.
You'd be surprised how much the skinny folk can pick on themselves in the mirror all the same!

Instead of lumps and bumps for worries, we end up with flat gravity in unfortunate places and if you don't tone it out, then it just ends looking like the melted cheese on the side of a grilled cheese sandwich.

Reactions: Lambano and Truman

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! I like the name Truman.

You'd be surprised how much the skinny folk can pick on themselves in the mirror all the same!

Instead of lumps and bumps for worries, we end up with flat gravity in unfortunate places and if you don't tone it out, then it just ends looking like the melted cheese on the side of a grilled cheese sandwich.
Now I have to get that mental image out of my brain.