Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about trying it to maintain/gain weight.

I just think it would be easier for me to have some kind of guide to go off of and I was wondering what people thought about it.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tried it years ago when they had a very simple system, it did work for me. The at one session they encouraged people to be open if they had ever suffered with an eating disorder. I trusted them and decided to be open, they made me leave. At the time I was in the healing process of the disorder. After that I just saw them as a money spinning organisation. I would add that they are about losing weight, I am not aware they support gaining weight or maintaining ( unless you have reached your goal weight with them )
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry, you'll be fine until you reach 45...and then, zoom! You're old, like me. Then you'll have to listen to young people talking like they're old and that's when you change the channel! Lol
Hey @Truman Age is just a number. I'm 80 but I'm not old. Moses was 80 when God gave him the job of leading the Israelites out of Egypt.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey @Truman Age is just a number. I'm 80 but I'm not old. Moses was 80 when God gave him the job of leading the Israelites out of Egypt.
You're 80? You sure don't look it. You remind me of my little sister! I'm not old inside. In fact I wonder if I'll ever act my age! Lol
(I know, I'm not the only one around here who has wondered that)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my ex was on weight watchers for a while and i know of other people too. But it was always for losing weight. I think if you want to gain weight I would eat more potatoes and meat. Skip the rice cause it consumes more calories than it supplies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're 80? You sure don't look it. You remind me of my little sister! I'm not old inside. In fact I wonder if I'll ever act my age! Lol
(I know, I'm not the only one around here who has wondered that)
I don't look it, and I don;t feel it either, I have always looked younger than I am. When I was in hospital in the summer a lady bet me I was older than her and when I told her I was 79 she nearly fell out of bed - she was 64 and thought I was 62. Even the anesthetists commented on my youthful looks.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried it years ago when they had a very simple system, it did work for me. The at one session they encouraged people to be open if they had ever suffered with an eating disorder. I trusted them and decided to be open, they made me leave. At the time I was in the healing process of the disorder. After that I just saw them as a money spinning organisation. I would add that they are about losing weight, I am not aware they support gaining weight or maintaining ( unless you have reached your goal weight with them )
Rita
Thanks Rita-

I was planning on cheating the system to what I needed to do, but I just downloaded the app and saw the price. Really expensive.
:eek:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Rita-

I was planning on cheating the system to what I needed to do, but I just downloaded the app and saw the price. Really expensive.
:eek:
Can't you find anything online Fluffy? my husband and I have been married for 50 years and he has never weighed more than 8 and a half stone - don't know it in pounds. He wanted to put on weight but never has. He is small and slim but used to be very strong. so don't worry.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my ex was on weight watchers for a while and i know of other people too. But it was always for losing weight. I think if you want to gain weight I would eat more potatoes and meat. Skip the rice cause it consumes more calories than it supplies.
My biggest problem is forgetting to eat.

I am a coffee for breakfast person. Really, you shouldn't have coffee or team, or nicotine, before breakfast because it suppresses your appetite.

I am a rule breaker....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am a coffee for breakfast person. Really, you shouldn't have coffee or team, or nicotine, before breakfast because it suppresses your appetite.

I am a rule breaker....
True.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't you find anything online Fluffy? my husband and I have been married for 50 years and he has never weighed more than 8 and a half stone - don't know it in pounds. He wanted to put on weight but never has. He is small and slim but used to be very strong. so don't worry.
I haven't found anything just yet but I think I'll take a look around today and see how their calculations go.

Lots of WW recipes online for free and I think I can add it up.

Not sure if that would be hard to do or not.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Until recently I had the same problem and I would go all day with no proper food. But since the summer I have started to eat cereal in the morning as I got into the habit when I was in hospital and kept it up. My weight is stable though and has been for years.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't look it, and I don;t feel it either, I have always looked younger than I am. When I was in hospital in the summer a lady bet me I was older than her and when I told her I was 79 she nearly fell out of bed - she was 64 and thought I was 62. Even the anesthetists commented on my youthful looks.
Before I got old, everyone thought I was ten years younger than I was. My daughter-in-law just informed me that if I dyed my hair, I'd look 60. That kinda made me realize that I'm old. Oh man! I'm not ready to be old. The other day I was thinking about getting a band together and hitting the road. But then I remembered a few things! Lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Go on prednisone. I could never gain weight but when I went on that, I gained 60 pounds! Unfortunately, all my top teeth broke and now I have dentures...don't get old. And don't worry about being skinny! Eat some normal food! Sheesh! Lol