Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the only solution for me is probably take a day to meal prep and have things on hand and ready to go. (Can't get too lazy that way)

Maybe do it a couple of times a week. I can't bring myself to eat chicken after it has been sitting in the fridge for three days.
It gets that weird taste...try plugging your nose!

Reactions: DuckieLady

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was skinny for the first half of my life. I just couldn't put on weight!
After my open-heart surgery, I got down to my college weight and kept it off for more than a year. Then I gained it all back, and picked up another 5 after the Covid shutdowns. :( I think it's me who ought to do the Weight Watchers.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife does all the meal planning, and she never gains weight. I think she could still fit in her wedding dress. :)
I eat the same stuff and gain weight.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just think it would be easier for me to have some kind of guide to go off of and I was wondering what people thought about it.
Weight Watchers was quite popular some time back. But it is not rocket science to control one's weight. And Weight Watchers comes at a cost.

1. Reduce carbohydrates and fats.
2. Reduce the amount of food on your plate (no seconds).
3. Increase proteins and fiber in your diet.
4. Exercise daily and burn off some calories.
5. Ban all snacks, pastries, cakes, and soft drinks from you home.
6. Ask someone to monitor you like a hawk!:oops:

I have maintained a steady weight for decades.

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol! I like the name Truman.

You'd be surprised how much the skinny folk can pick on themselves in the mirror all the same!

Instead of lumps and bumps for worries, we end up with flat gravity in unfortunate places and if you don't tone it out, then it just ends looking like the melted cheese on the side of a grilled cheese sandwich.
Lol

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my co-workers also had success in losing weight with weight with Weight Watchers. But it kinda became an obsession, which isn't healthy in itself.

I couldn’t say about now, but I think restaurants use to have special “weight watchers” menus. Some people, as you imply obsessive counting every calorie, weighing their food, etc. I kinda lean toward diet pills being more of a secret daily routine for the modern busy female. Not a good idea.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weight Watchers was quite popular some time back. But it is not rocket science to control one's weight. And Weight Watchers comes at a cost.

1. Reduce carbohydrates and fats.
2. Reduce the amount of food on your plate (no seconds).
3. Increase proteins and fiber in your diet.
4. Exercise daily and burn off some calories.
5. Ban all snacks, pastries, cakes, and soft drinks from you home.
6. Ask someone to monitor you like a hawk!:oops:

I have maintained a steady weight for decades.
I need to work on #2. #5 requires help from my wife who does all the grocery shopping.

Reactions: Enoch111

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since last Christmas, I have lost between 11 to 13 kilograms and with my CAPA machine my apneas have reduced from 3-6 apneas an hour, 12 months ago, down to less that one apnoea per hour.

It's good to see that CPAP is working for you. Mine reduced the apnea events from 30+ per hour to 1.13 (per the latest report). However, I still can only sleep about 4 hours a night without pharmaceutical help.:(

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like being fat. Keeps me warm in the winter. Plus when all of the famine hits I’ll out live all of you skinnies by several months due to my calorie reserves.

Reactions: Lambano

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like being fat. Keeps me warm in the winter. Plus when all of the famine hits I’ll out live all of you skinnies by several months due to my calorie reserves.
Sure. But it seems that obesity makes people more prone to health issues.