Have i come to the place where i can ask serious questions about scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Depending on how you react to the answers to your question will depend on whether or not it will cost you or not. Taking note of the right answers and acting accordingly will not cost you at all but putting your faith in the wrong answers will be costly for you in the long run.

Shalom

Reactions: Jesusfollower

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have questions to which i havent found the answers yet
You will without any doubt, receive answers. Many of them will contradict the rest, and it will be a rare thing to find two answers saying the same thing. So. Your task, after being inundated with both solicited and unsolicited assistance, will be to discern what to accept and what to reject. Most of them will quote scripture in support of their counsel/answers. So what you need to do is pray, fervently, sincerely, constantly, and with passion, but most of all, with faith. God wants you to know the truth. Believe that. And question everything you read. Compare with scripture. Make sure the scriptures quoted to you say what the person wants them to say. All here, including myself, are but mortal men and women, prone to error, proud, and arrogant. The real source of Truth is God. Look to Him at all times, even as you ask your questions, and as you read the responses. God may not choose to use anyone here at times, because their answers are not what He wants you to hear. Be patient, expect some interesting conversations, and don't give up. Even wrong answers can have some truth, so again, pray, pray, and don't stop praying.
KJV Proverbs 2:1-6
1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesusfollower

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I’ll be sure to be mindful of my grammar, since I do have last days questions
Uh oh....

Understand this....
The EXTREME FEW who can partially understand the Book of Revelations I don't think are part of this forum.

Not that there aren't a LOT of people who wholeheartedly believe they can understand the book. There are answers all over the place with charts and graphs detailing a billion different scenarios unfolding the final eschaton. From rapture theories to preterist (already happened) and then my favorite group which is "pan-millennialist" which is basically just to behave myself and everything will pan out.

Some believe we are in mid-tribulation (majority position)....some say pre-tribulation( rapture and others but mostly rapture believers) ....and some say post tribulation. (The Believers have already been in trouble and now are not)

Everyone gets some form of suffering, and the suffering is real to those who suffer regardless of what we might perceive about the severity. Suffering is extremely personal....like nightmares. Nightmares might seem silly to those whom you tell about then but to you they were a nightmare all the same. Suffering is extremely similar. What is suffering to you is not suffering to another....and it's not relevant.

All in all,
Prophecy discussions are difficult for most people. Symbols are loose and varying for everyone on an individual basis. And understanding prophecy is like trying to nail jello to the wall. It can be done but not with just one nail...and usually AFTER the event is over. Look at the arrival of Jesus....some Jews still refuse to believe he came. But The Bible had extremely specific dates and signs to indicate His arrival.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh oh....

Understand this....
The EXTREME FEW who can partially understand the Book of Revelations I don't think are part of this forum.

Not that there aren't a LOT of people who wholeheartedly believe they can understand the book. There are answers all over the place with charts and graphs detailing a billion different scenarios unfolding the final eschaton. From rapture theories to preterist (already happened) and then my favorite group which is "pan-millennialist" which is basically just to behave myself and everything will pan out.

Some believe we are in mid-tribulation (majority position)....some say pre-tribulation( rapture and others but mostly rapture believers) ....and some say post tribulation. (The Believers have already been in trouble and now are not)

Everyone gets some form of suffering, and the suffering is real to those who suffer regardless of what we might perceive about the severity. Suffering is extremely personal....like nightmares. Nightmares might seem silly to those whom you tell about then but to you they were a nightmare all the same. Suffering is extremely similar. What is suffering to you is not suffering to another....and it's not relevant.

All in all,
Prophecy discussions are difficult for most people. Symbols are loose and varying for everyone on an individual basis. And understanding prophecy is like trying to nail jello to the wall. It can be done but not with just one nail...and usually AFTER the event is over. Look at the arrival of Jesus....some Jews still refuse to believe he came. But The Bible had extremely specific dates and signs to indicate His arrival.
There is a key to understanding well. If there wasn't then views are just speculation. The question is, what is it the key and how is it used?
In my view, the various assumptions that are the basis for interpretation in pop theology are woefully inadequate.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Welcome @Kabone…..I hope you can find what you are looking for.
But first I believe that a seeker needs to leave pre-conceived ideas at the door, and allow scripture to answer all questions.

Anyone who says “I think”…..should be ignored, because all they are offering is an opinion. God’s word is not an opinion….it is God speaking to us through his primary means of communication. Listen with your heart not just your eyes and ears.

The answers are all there….even the really difficult ones, if we can stand back and see the big picture.

Fire away….:Thumbsup:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Welcome @Kabone…..I hope you can find what you are looking for.
But first I believe that a seeker needs to leave pre-conceived ideas at the door, and allow scripture to answer all questions.

Anyone who says “I think”…..should be ignored, because all they are offering is an opinion. God’s word is not an opinion….it is God speaking to us through his primary means of communication. Listen with your heart not just your eyes and ears.

The answers are all there….even the really difficult ones, if we can stand back and see the big picture.

Fire away….:Thumbsup:
Affirming that it is ones conclusion on a matter does not disqualify that person, in fact it gives them a certain credibility because in the statement is a tacit admittance there could be another valid way of seeing.

'Thinking' says Henry Ford, is a most difficult thing, thats why so few people engage in it.' They prefer to mouth the opinions of others, feeling they have an authoritative edge.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a key to understanding well. If there wasn't then views are just speculation. The question is, what is it the key and how is it used?
In my view, the various assumptions that are the basis for interpretation in pop theology are woefully inadequate.
My best guess is that Revelations is a "Final Exam" of sorts of the entirety of scripture and the Blend of Roman/Greek and Jewish Culture. (John was a very very smart Hippie of sorts and his writings reflect that...Revelations is a culmination of this)

There is no clear understanding of Revelations in print that I'm aware of and no specific dates that we could/would understand available.

On top of this....ALL the Millenialist views (preterist, mid, all, and futurist) are possible to interpret from the book. So....who knows.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My best guess is that Revelations is a "Final Exam" of sorts of the entirety of scripture and the Blend of Roman/Greek and Jewish Culture. (John was a very very smart Hippie of sorts and his writings reflect that...Revelations is a culmination of this)

There is no clear understanding of Revelations in print that I'm aware of and no specific dates that we could/would understand available.

On top of this....ALL the Millenialist views (preterist, mid, all, and futurist) are possible to interpret from the book. So....who knows.
The writings of Revelation are far more than a time line. They are as the outset of the book says, a revelation (a revealing) of Jesus Christ. Rev.1:1 (herein is The Key) .....now that you know what/ who it is, do you know how to use it.....how it applies?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The writings of Revelation are far more than a time line. They are as the outset of the book says, a revelation (a revealing) of Jesus Christ. Rev.1:1 (herein is The Key) .....now that you know what/ who it is, do you know how to use it.....how it applies?

I know the words well...as anyone who loves scripture does.

But...

I don't have a key to deciphering it. I comprehend very small parts and even those parts I understand have multiple possibilities for interpretation. (Intentional vagueness)

What is clear....Jesus is God. You have to do a LOT of cutting out of scripture with scissors to remove Jesus's obvious Diety from Revelations. (Which is why non-Trinity "believers" hate the book.)

We don't worship a pantheon of gods. Nor a modalistic God. God is a trinity and One.

I most likely have fewer years in front of me than behind me. There's nowhere to run to escape God's "wrath" or humanity's wrath. Not anymore.

Wait until we have gladiator style fights in congress....I hear it's coming soon.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I know the words well...as anyone who loves scripture does.
The numbers are significant.

Example:
  • One is associated with prime source
  • Two is associated with corresponding creation
  • Three is associated with combined strength
  • Four is associated with established foundation
  • Five is associated with imparted grace
  • Six is associated with human existence
  • Seven is associated with perfect completion
  • Eight is associated with new start
  • Nine is associated with developmental term
  • Ten is associated with quantum fulfillment
  • Eleven is associated with disordered incompleteness
  • Twelve is associated with governmental division

THREEFOLD CADENCE OF TWENTY-ONE IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION.PNG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The numbers are significant.

Example:
  • One is associated with prime source
  • Two is associated with corresponding creation
  • Three is associated with combined strength
  • Four is associated with established foundation
  • Five is associated with imparted grace
  • Six is associated with human existence
  • Seven is associated with perfect completion
  • Eight is associated with new start
  • Nine is associated with developmental term
  • Ten is associated with quantum fulfillment
  • Eleven is associated with disordered incompleteness
  • Twelve is associated with governmental division

View attachment 45243
Well, that's a thought.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have questions to which i havent found the answers yet
I will not know the answer unless it's about the resurrected Christ and how to get close to him. Real close like stepping right inside him and fellowshipping with he and God.

Kabone

May 15, 2024
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
I’m mostly just searching to see if my questions have been posted previously. I noticed most threads go off topic, and sometimes quickly.
As mentioned in above replies, I see numerous and varied answers/responses/positions I also noticed some folks really dig in and defend. Typical stuff for a forum.

PS - I’m one of those who uses ‘I think…’ regularly. I just don’t want to come off as holier than thou, and my thinking can be changed.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m mostly just searching to see if my questions have been posted previously. I noticed most threads go off topic, and sometimes quickly.
As mentioned in above replies, I see numerous and varied answers/responses/positions I also noticed some folks really dig in and defend. Typical stuff for a forum.

PS - I’m one of those who uses ‘I think…’ regularly. I just don’t want to come off as holier than thou, and my thinking can be changed.
They often go off topic quickly because someone will post a question like I have a serious question. And then someone will answer with yeah whats the question because the Holy Spirit talks to me and therefore I can answer you. Then I see that and respond with now wait a minute. You don't have the Holy Spirit (which is God) talking to you. You have the holy spirit (which is the Christ in you) talking to you.