Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is no forgiveness by the law
actually there is no forgiveness without it, as strange as that may sound; it is when sin abounds that grace abounds the more, and how might one know of sin any other way than law? So since law reveals sin you now want to reject the law, see; when it suits you. But law generates forgiveness too, in grace, and condemnation in noGrace, and it is the condemnation you wish to abolish i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 and @mjrhealth Somehow you two have lost the thread of Healing in your posts....a wee bit sidetracked from the topic....I think you have fallen down some rabbit hole! :D
imo you cannot be healed if you are in sin, and while we are discussing the "law" proper, there are laws that are not observed all the time by believers that are not legal statutes, but rather laws like "if you eat junk food, you will suffer poor health" etc that have a direct bearing on our convo. See, if laws are bad, then you can eat all the junk food you like then, see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
More like a rat hole, but when one gets out from under that law sickness its amazing how much healing comes along.

God bless
you better believe you must keep every law, the soul that sins will still die, ok, and Jesus is not going to help you break or belittle the law

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
actually there is no forgiveness without it
Actually there is, the law was never given to the gentiles only the Israelite, as i said you will sin whether you have the law or not, but you must choose which will it be, dont sit on teh fence. Can we let this go before we get some lawyer in here and God knows where that will go.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As i said before, all the law will ever do is condemn you....Love is what God is all about.
Amen.
What I think some may not know or realize is that God is like our Mother...she
may put her foot down and say.."Do NOT go into that cookie jar before dinner, or else!"
But, we do.
But, in the end she is tucking us in and kissing and smelling our little foreheads at night...waiting for our arms to wrap around her neck.

God has shown me His Heart....so I know this...and when He did Jan 24, 2016...I
cried everyday from awe for 3 months...Will you find this in the Bible?
I dunno...that He is only a huge Heart? Dunno, don' care.
But, He blessed me with this Revelation. ☺

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen.
may put her foot down and say.."Do NOT go into that cookie jar before dinner, or else!"
But, we do.
But, in the end she is tucking us in and kissing and smelling our little foreheads at night...waiting for our arms to wrap around her neck.

Amen now if they would seak revelation instead of knowledge maybe the world will change.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
imo you cannot be healed if you are in sin, and while we are discussing the "law" proper, there are laws that are not observed all the time by believers that are not legal statutes, but rather laws like "if you eat junk food, you will suffer poor health" etc that have a direct bearing on our convo. See, if laws are bad, then you can eat all the junk food you like then, see.

Oh I believe that there is a law just like gravity..jumping off a building is not wisdom...there is a law of sowing and reaping..sow junk food, reap a junk body.

But you are mixing things up here...those natural laws have nothing to do with out salvation....you just get to heaven faster. Text while driving="hello Jesus."
You state so easily " You cannot be healed if you sin"
See, right there...who's definition of sin!!! Yours?
My dad was convinced that smoking a pipe was sin.
My uncle was asking for the laying on of hand for him to receive the baptism of the Spirit.
My dad was standing there, saying to God.."NO this is wrong, he still smokes a pipe..he is a sinner."
God went right ahead and there filled my uncle powerfully with the Spirit and proved my dad wrong.
The thing that my dad got wrong was, God had told him to quit smoking...and he presumed if he disobeyed God he was sinning, so he quit.
But God has not told my dad's brother to quit smoking ( he was a very new Christian, there were more important things for him to learn first ) ...much later he did quit smoking.
In regard to healing...God can do what He like, when He likes, and to whom He likes...and He does just that....without asking us!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the law was never given to the gentiles only the Israelite
oh jesus already what crap mjr, the law was not invented by Moses ok
as i said you will sin whether you have the law or not
ppl say all kinds of yack, doesn't make it true, and you are not getting that where there is no law, there is no sin.

So, you want no law, no sin, and you can do that if you like, only one thing, see, you cannot eat from the tree of knowledge and do that. So you need to go reinvent the wheel be my guest, but this is not Scriptural, and you are just going to end up, cannot help but manifesting, a law unto yourself, as can be witnessed in you right now alright

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but you must choose which will it be, dont sit on teh fence.
fulfill the law, which necessarily requires that there be a law, and stop teaching ppl that it is ok to break the law, or suffer the consequences specifically laid out for those
Can we let this go before we get some lawyer in here and God knows where that will go.
ha well look you are talking to an Anarchist right now, if anyone wanted to agree with you it would be me, tried it for years, and it doesn't work, and it will not work for you, for reasons i could just quote Scripture the rest of the night. Law is not evil, law is not bad, law is not even neutral. The law is good, because it reveals sin, and you have got the impression that somehow the law is bad bc of this, and so now you misrepresent what "sitting on a fence" is too, bc that is all about wanting to have Christ and break the law, too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Amen.
But, we do.

you are not helping, either, wadr. You have embraced forgiveness, but you cannot show a path to forgiveness without the law to others, simply because others do not have your pov, see, that is what the law is for, so messed up people can be pointed to a standard that all men hold in common.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God is like our Mother...she
But, we do.
so "you will reap what you sow" is all bs then, ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My dad was standing there, saying to God.."NO this is wrong, he still smokes a pipe..he is a sinner."
God went right ahead and there filled my uncle powerfully with the Spirit and proved my dad wrong.
the law could have done that, no law against smoking a pipe, see

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Amen now if they would seak revelation instead of knowledge maybe the world will change.
ah, well i have a revelation for you, being as how you want to reinvent the wheel here; other people are not going to agree with your pov, and you have to live around other people lol. When someone comes over and hacks your arm off for their dinner, bc he has no concept of laws and doing that is thus perfectly acceptable to him, say because he doesn't like you or whatever, seems like a perfectly natural thing to do to an enemy or whatever, where you gonna go then, not like you're going anywhere anyway bc this is all fantasy, see, starting with the part about not needing law

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, it is called putting faith in faith. It has nothing to do with unbelief. Those who don't get their badge of healing end up sitting in the back pew, and eventually out the door. They become second class Christians. This is wrong. "Faith in your faith" crowd does more harm than good.
As I said if you dont have scripture that back up what YOU THINK . Thers nothing for me to discuss with you.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I see "faith" as belief combined with action. IOW: Walking according to said belief.

To move a literal mountain, it may require the "faith" of using a pick, shovel and wheelbarrow. Other "mountains" [symbolic], may be moved through faith. Such as healing, casting out, etc., etc..
Bang in. Thats exactly what it is. I see ByGrace liked your post. Wonder if she never got it.
So We Walk to the problem because we believe we have the answer. Correct. We then lay hands on the sick because thats what we are commanded to do. Walking up is great. but You dont need faith to walk. But you do need faith when laying hands on them. So yes combined. If I never walked up. Nothing would happen. If I walked up and layed hands on and they never got healed. GOD say not me. If the apostles failed. Any one think we cant? Say so. So if they dont get healed God said through Christ. You failed because you had no faith. Even after they healed many. They failed. And Jesus told them so. But why is it people in here are arguing against what Jesus said. BUT none of them have scripture that contrdicts what Jesus said. well we all know thats impossible anyway. kepa13 and grace are both saying I am wrong but cant bring scripture to prove there point. I cant understand there thinking. You would think I was working for satan with the reactions of some.