Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
You can add that is you like. Faith is one simple thing. Just believe and it will happen.

Yeah, I see "faith" as belief combined with action. IOW: Walking according to said belief.

To move a literal mountain, it may require the "faith" of using a pick, shovel and wheelbarrow. Other "mountains" [symbolic], may be moved through faith. Such as healing, casting out, etc., etc..

Reactions: Ally.s.j and Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The proof is not me. The proof is the word of God that is final in my life. You decide what finale in your life not me. You believe in a negative manner if you like I believe the word of God. God says go I go. God says lay hands on I lay hands on. I dont wait to be lead I was told to go. Why is what I do a problem for you. I never said it worked for me every day. That was you who said that. Stop thinking negative and let people be where they are . Why do you want to drag me down for sharing Gods word. Who taught the kids to pray for mon an dad they way they do? ITs not from God. Gods word is all about taking authority over every situation. They kids are being taught from people who believe what you believe. So why would it work. You are preaching what you have been taught. So you singing from the same sheet. You said three things in here that you flat out dont believe. Just cause you dont believe it doesnt make it untrue. It just means your an unbeliever in those things As I said you could not stand up in court and get away with what you are saying here. I asked for proof and still waiting. Then after you spouted all you THINK. You say it doesnt matter anyway.
You will never see 100^ healed until you believe it and you clearly dont . So that is called unblief.
No, it is called putting faith in faith. It has nothing to do with unbelief. Those who don't get their badge of healing end up sitting in the back pew, and eventually out the door. They become second class Christians. This is wrong. "Faith in your faith" crowd does more harm than good.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to clarify. The whole community can ask God for healing(s). This is a good and pious practice. But if some don't receive healing; it doesn't mean they lack faith. There is no way to know, just by looking, if they have accepted the cross given to them by God, or not. No one can judge that. But if they have accepted the cross of suffering in it's many forms, they have picked up their cross like Jesus commanded. We call it redemptive suffering.

This is where Peter got into trouble. He didn't want Jesus to go to Jerusalem and suffer. Jesus blasted him and called him satan. It wasn't about Peter's teaching, it was about Peter's lack of understanding. Then what did Jesus teach about?
Matt. 16:24; Mark 8:34
Luke 9:23

Last edited by a moderator:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Actually what you quoted was the bible, see Gods word is Spirit, it is life, what does the bible say about teh letter killeth, revelation comes from God, not quoting texts out of a book. yes ill get jumped on again, but one day someone might see.
"But the Law of God is of extreme importance, and the study of it essential, even if it brings us no further than Abarim."
The amazing name Abarim: meaning and etymology

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"But the Law of God is of extreme importance, and the study of it essential, even if it brings us no further than Abarim."
The amazing name Abarim: meaning and etymology
Why is teh law so important it can do nothing for you???

Act_13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Gal_3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

As i said before, all the law will ever do is condemn you, if you desire to spend your life feeling condemned because you will never be made perfect by the law. than be free to do so, but dont be like the lawyers and demand that we all keep them, they where never for you, Love is what God is all about.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why is teh law so important it can do nothing for you???
"The hugely important root עבר ('abar) yields words that have to do with transition, usually in the sense of a traversing through (hence the ethnonym Hebrew, initially simply meaning nomad or passer-by; see Ezekiel 39:11). Another verb of transition is פסח (pasah), which has the connotation of skipping or passing over (hence the name Pesah or Passover). These two transitory verbs come together in Exodus 12:23, where YHWH passes through Egypt(עבר, 'abar) but passes over Israel (פסח, pasah)."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As i said before, all the law will ever do is condemn you
this is a perception, and yes the law might be abused to condemn you by other ppl who wish to use law to serve an agenda, but this does not mean the law is bad, or even condemns for that matter.

for instance, tell a cop that the law condemns and they would offer the perspective that it is only breaking the law that condemns, see. And even that is not really correct; it is judgement that condemns, whereas forgiveness does not. So law can generate condemnation or forgiveness; we can find fault with another for the same thing we would forgive a different another for, right, a peer or family member, or self even. The law is blamed for this, see

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"The hugely important root עבר ('abar) yields words that have to do with transition, usually in the sense of a traversing through (hence the ethnonym Hebrew, initially simply meaning nomad or passer-by; see Ezekiel 39:11). Another verb of transition is פסח (pasah), which has the connotation of skipping or passing over (hence the name Pesah or Passover). These two transitory verbs come together in Exodus 12:23, where YHWH passes through Egypt(עבר, 'abar) but passes over Israel (פסח, pasah)."
??? What was that all about...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
??? What was that all about...
the purpose of the law, awesome perspective imo. no, i am not under the law any more. meaning that if a higher purpose can only be achieved by breaking one, and i can justify this, then breaking that law is allowable, even advisable perhaps, at times. But that doesn't mean that the law is bad, just that it is inadequate to that particular situation, see

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it is judgement that condemns, whereas forgiveness does not.
There is no forgiveness by the law, as I said you live by the law you will be judged by the law, and by the law, you will fall short. There nothing wrong with the law, it was written for bad people, who still break them any way, you will sin whether you are under the law or not, the question is who or what do you want to be judged by, in the end its Gods grace that sees us the victor, there is no grace for those under the law.
You cant go speeding down the road, doing your best to obey the law, which is all about the flesh, than when you get pulled over suddenly cry out , "i dont want the law any more, i want grace", Under grace Jesus paid the price, under the law you have to and for that the price is death no other options.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, it is called putting faith in faith. It has nothing to do with unbelief. Those who don't get their badge of healing end up sitting in the back pew, and eventually out the door. They become second class Christians. This is wrong. "Faith in your faith" crowd does more harm than good.

Good post! :)

I had that challenge myself back in the 90's I found just that...I had "faith in my faith" ...thankfully a brother came alongside and pointed out to me that my faith was misplaced. The only place for faith is in Christ.
Jesus declared that He could do nothing of Himself. Yet people today believe that they are better than that...They believe they do not have to hear from God...but they can just go off and " do the job" themselves.
This has caused much confusion in the healing arena.

....H

Reactions: Richard_oti

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009 and @mjrhealth Somehow you two have lost the thread of Healing in your posts....a wee bit sidetracked from the topic....I think you have fallen down some rabbit hole! :D

Reactions: bbyrd009