Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You do get that nearly every thing precious to God suffers in this life?
well, but it is a self-induced suffering, in ignorance, right. Until one...ha, dunno how to put it, even, wakes up i guess, and then volunteers to serve others, which will manifest to many perceptions as suffering, even as we are assured that we can rejoice in them

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It seems to me that Jesus spent a great deal of His time in healing broken bodies.
it can be interpreted that way, ya, but a scan of the "illnesses" healed by Christ suggest that symbology is likely being used imo; i notice physical heart ailments are in absence, some other glaring omissions compared with contemporary ailments. Of course i guess physical maladies are all symbolic of a related spiritual problem anyway, even if it is hard to connect a genital deafness with the spiritual deafness of that individual, which is often attempted; imo that is not the right frame a lot of the time, the deafness possibly manifested from the parents not hearing, iow, even if this seems to be "punishing" the children for the parent's sins. Obv a crack-smoking pregnant mom will likely birth a crack-addicted child; same concept imo

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for the whole man. Body, soul, & spirit. I believe the pat answer-
" Spiritual healing is much better than physical healing".. is a cop-out for those who have prayed for people who have never been healed, or they are afraid to pray for someone in case they don't get healed.

JESUS said- " Which is easier to say, thy sins be forgive you or arise take up thy bed and walk." Both come to us through Jesus.

I have always prayed for anyone who asks. I even pray (privately) for those who do not ask. While shopping I will pray over a mother or a wild unruly kid while waiting in a check-out.
Freely we have received, therefore freely we give...it should be an automatic outflowing on He who dwells within.

Now ask me how I really feel about it! :D
There is no difference in difficulty for God, but there is a difference in importance of one thing over another as this verse illustrates:

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

Similarly there are differences in the greatness God sees in people:

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matt 11:11

So what is most important to God the corrupted piece of flesh for which are stewards during the limited period we have it, or the inner man which is able to be with God always?

So does all of this mean we should not pray for the physical healing of a person? We should not only if we are told by God to leave him alone as I have rejected him. He has never told me that about anyone. I cannot speak for everyone else.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are a whole...Jesus died for body, soul and spirit....ALL
The Good News is to the whole man. It seems to me that Jesus spent a great deal of His time in healing broken bodies. If He valued that why don't we. ( it is easier to cop-out )
What is the value of it? Some people act as if the body of flesh and bone were more important than it is, yet, it is important. We only have a limited time here and we must make use of that time in every "good" way that we can. We are stewards, primarily perhaps of what God has given us personally, but we are supposed to be becoming like Him. If I am constantly seeing to the physical needs of my own dwelling by dressing warmly and eating every meal, how can I not do as much for my neighbor?

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Phil 2:3-4

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Too much emphasis by too many people on the natural or physical rather than what God considers important. Also too many prayers prayed amiss.
Dont you think it was important to Jesus for the body to Be healed ? when every where He went He healed them all. All the time He healed them all. over and over. Why do you put healing down like it never ment anything to God. Jesus spent so much time healing people. You cant say healing does not matter to God. I can go deeper into this but I want to start another thread on what communion really is. Just to teach Bread of life. Who is cluless on the matter.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The point is for people to get interested in loving God and being with Him always... not to live a long healthy physical life,
Man was created to live a long long long eternal life forever with God. We were NOT created to die but God is the creator of life.

Reactions: Helen

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
DPM makes a good point. Jesus is indeed the best example of healing, and it was always based on faith, believe, and "that you may know" the power of God.
No it wasn.t How much faith did the dead have He raised none.
It was based on compassion His compassion.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Phil 2:3-4
Exactly. So we put our egotistical shyness or doubt aside and
step up to bat
with our complete trust in God as our armor and strength and do a healing on ''every man''.
(Do you think it is EASY to go to the ICU when asked to heal a person dying,
being 'kept' alive in a COMA? ...With no brain activity?)

This is what I'm talking about..step up to bat, use your faith in God and go out and
do healings thru and by the power and grace the Holy Spirit. :)

Reactions: Ally.s.j

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont you think it was important to Jesus for the body to Be healed ? when every where He went He healed them all. All the time He healed them all. over and over. Why do you put healing down like it never ment anything to God. Jesus spent so much time healing people. You cant say healing does not matter to God. I can go deeper into this but I want to start another thread on what communion really is. Just to teach Bread of life. Who is cluless on the matter.
Did you not read all of my posts on this thread before writing these things? I thought I made my stance clearer than that. I never said that physical healing did not matter. Quite the contrary. It is again a matter of first things first. I will leave this until you have read and taken in account my previous stated views on the matter.

Your war with BOL is not mine. Mine, if I have one, is where God tells me it is. Remember:

"For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:4-7

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God does it. When we pray for someone, God goes to work in that individuals life; it is between them and God.
No it is between you and God. God. Faith moves the mountian God done His part already through Christ. If the healing does not appear its your lack nothing else. Faith moves the moputian. If the healing does not come, No faith.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The best way to help them is to pray for Spiritual healing. This is the intercessory prayer. Seek first the Kingdom of God. Why is it bothersome to you for [your] thread to take a spiritual turn rather than a physical one?
Why is it bothersome for you to stay on topic?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was created to live a long long long eternal life forever with God. We were NOT created to die but God is the creator of life.

Actually all of us were born dead, but there is the flesh...

"Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?" Job 7:1

Jesus did come to bring Life, but it was NOT I believe for this corrupted flesh which is dying and is to die. What is within this corrupted vessel without Jesus is already dead. The old man and his fleshly container will not live on...

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you not read all of my posts on this thread before writing these things? I thought I made my stance clearer than that. I never said that physical healing did not matter. Quite the contrary. It is again a matter of first things first. I will leave this until you have read and taken in account my previous stated views on the matter.

Your war with BOL is not mine. Mine, if I have one, is where God tells me it is. Remember:

"For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:4-7
I did read all your post and I read all your posts more than once you said it is not so important., well your wrong completly I will explian in an other thread. and BOl is nothing to do with you . Never said it was. But it is on the subject matter, which none of you even mentioned it yet astondanly

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well. you certainly do not hear THAT every day on a Christian forum!
Bravo for bravery!
So there is a difference between Jesus and God, then, eh? Oh boy....the firestorm begins!
Yes there is you should know it to. there is God was not flesh. Jesus was God with us in the flesh. Who put Jesus on the cross God did. and it pleased Him. So was God in heaven yes. He looke dto heaven and . well come on you know this.

Reactions: Helen

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually all of us were born dead, but there is the flesh...

"Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?" Job 7:1

Jesus did come to bring Life, but it was NOT I believe for this corrupted flesh which is dying and is to die. What is within this corrupted vessel without Jesus is already dead. The old man and his fleshly container will not live on...

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Why are you contradicting what God said. We know what happened because of the fall.