Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So yes I have been challanged to lay hands on the sick . Even today I prayed for a guy. and he said thats me healed then. What you gonna say. Every time I am gonna say yes. Yesterday I was trying to get an old guy II prayed for twice already in a corner so I could pray again as he still had sticks with him. Why was I wanting him in a quite corner. Fear of man of coarse. We should be shouting hey every body come see that God is real.
So there still some growing to come from me in that department. And it will come. I will not surender to the flesh and self and satan lies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. So we put our egotistical shyness or doubt aside and
step up to bat
with our complete trust in God as our armor and strength and do a healing on ''every man''.
(Do you think it is EASY to go to the ICU when asked to heal a person dying,
being 'kept' alive in a COMA? ...With no brain activity?)

This is what I'm talking about..step up to bat, use your faith in God and go out and
do healings thru and by the power and grace the Holy Spirit. :)
Each of us must do what God calls us to do. I remember my pastor telling about parents bringing their sick little daughter to him for prayer. [He had a little reputation as the "Indian healer" (full-blooded Chippewa from Canada).] He told them to wait that he first had to go talk to God. He was gone for few minutes and when he returned he advised that God told him to go ahead. He prayed for the child and she was immediately healed. Not everyone has his calling or his gift, but of course God can use anyone for His purpose in a given moment.

That was real testimony given by my pastor who witnessed it. Hypothetical healings are not something we should delve too much into... If a real healing is needed and we are a willing vessel will God not use us to accomplish it? I don't have such a gift but He has used me in that way a little. One question that needs to be answered before praying for healing, is whether or not the healing is really needed and in accord with God's will? God is the only one in any situation who can always answer that question. That is why Jesus never failed to heal anyone He tried to heal.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there is you should know it to. there is God was not flesh. Jesus was God with us in the flesh.
Who put Jesus on the cross God did. and it pleased Him. So was God in heaven yes. He looke dto heaven and . well come on you know this.
Didn't you notice how diplomatically I posted to you..? :D
I am not choosing to get into a battle that Jesus was not God, my friend!!! hahahaha...
I like my pleasant life without too much turmoil stirred up!!! ;)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did read all your post and I read all your posts more than once you said it is not so important., well your wrong completly I will explian in an other thread. and BOl is nothing to do with you . Never said it was. But it is on the subject matter, which none of you even mentioned it yet astondanly
As to BOL, it is not my job to fight him. Maybe God has shown you that it is yours. If so then please proceed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you contradicting what God said. We know what happened because of the fall.
If you have a question about something I said, please say what it is. I am not always the answer man. Sometimes I know the answer because God has given it to me. Sometimes my flesh gets in the way and I miss it. If you believe I am error or have misstated something let me know what it is and I will try to make it right.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is between you and God. God. Faith moves the mountian God done His part already through Christ. If the healing does not appear its your lack nothing else. Faith moves the moputian. If the healing does not come, No faith.

Okay, you wanna talk about physical healing. Let's talk about Scarlett. She has a ten year old daughter. And also, she has a rare form of bone cancer. This form only affects children but Scarlett has it. Her case is one of the only two adults in the United States. The church has prayed over Scarlett. Her husband won't allow any negative talk against God inside his home because him and Scarlett say they are blessed either way this goes. I saw her husband out the other day and the update is...the cancer has progressed and there is nothing else that can be done. It's only a matter of time. Her husband prays for a miracle. I pray for a miracle. We all pray for a miracle. I have never met a woman that carrys the presence of God more than Scarlett. I have never been in a home or around people so in love with God and singing His praises. Undoubtedly you will say everyone involved has no faith and that is why she is sick. You blame sick people and make them feel like they have something to be ashamed of. God doesn't heal every time and you give false hope in saying He does. Open your eyes and look around. Tell me what you see? You have a one track-mind of holding onto this world. Going to be with the Lord is not bad. You act desperate, as if this is all there is.

Why?
Do you believe this is all there is?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it wasn.t How much faith did the dead have He raised none.
It was based on compassion His compassion.
Both are true:
John 11:41-44
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with grave clothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

Reactions: Ally.s.j

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... Undoubtedly you will say everyone involved has no faith and that is why she is sick.
You blame sick people and make them feel like they have something to be ashamed of.
Let me be the first one to call foul, that was uncalled for and presumptuous.
You have no idea of any such thing of anyone here. Wouldn't you agree?
God doesn't heal every time and you give false hope in saying He does.
Open your eyes and look around.
There can be extenuating circumstances...
That have nothing to do with anyone's faith or love of God.

I can give one example out of a few off the top of my head and very common.
Oh, and also, why can one person at a 'healing altar call' get healed while the next person does, but it only lasts 10 minutes or less?

Belief.
A person can have faith that God is loving and has the power to heal them...
BUT, if Deep down they actually believe, even unconsciously..."..BUT I deserve this,
I have been so bad...God won't heal me..."
That just blocked everything!
A person can not be double minded....as in, I have huge faith and love God, but embedded in my belief system from childhood I think I am unworthy and God just will never heal a wretch like me."
And no one in the room knows this is going on , not even the sick person !

Healing is not just a simple prayer..asking for a miracle from wonderful people.
And none of the above is blame of any kind....it is unconscious.

Added: "based on compassion"? Sure, but, Jesus' power was enough to change atoms...His knowledge of Reality was such he could over ride anything...even physical laws of this dimension.
Besides, Lazarus was meant as a demonstration of God's will that all should know Jesus was who he was...Jesus never did anything that was not his Father's wishes, as he said.
It was all for the glory of God.
Right? That is how I understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Both are true:
John 11:41-44
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with grave clothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”
I can except both :) ScottA Same as preaching then healed or healed then preached. He did both

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, you wanna talk about physical healing. Let's talk about Scarlett. She has a ten year old daughter. And also, she has a rare form of bone cancer. This form only affects children but Scarlett has it. Her case is one of the only two adults in the United States. The church has prayed over Scarlett. Her husband won't allow any negative talk against God inside his home because him and Scarlett say they are blessed either way this goes. I saw her husband out the other day and the update is...the cancer has progressed and there is nothing else that can be done. It's only a matter of time. Her husband prays for a miracle. I pray for a miracle. We all pray for a miracle. I have never met a woman that carrys the presence of God more than Scarlett. I have never been in a home or around people so in love with God and singing His praises. Undoubtedly you will say everyone involved has no faith and that is why she is sick. You blame sick people and make them feel like they have something to be ashamed of. God doesn't heal every time and you give false hope in saying He does. Open your eyes and look around. Tell me what you see? You have a one track-mind of holding onto this world. Going to be with the Lord is not bad. You act desperate, as if this is all there is.

Why?
Do you believe this is all there is?
You call me a lot of things I am not. But thats ok.
Let me tell you about me. I seen 200 people healed. But I never got healed. Low self worth. Low self worth does not get the job done faith does.
The parests are desperate. despersation does not get the job done Faith does. Nothing else will move the mountain. The Father is correct when He will hear nothing against God in his house. Amen bless him for walking in 100% truth about God.Scarlet is not the only one in this situation.
Its the same the world over even for churches who are seeing more healed than anyone. Your story is not unique.
As I said I seen 100s healed. I also seen more not healed. We are not told to stop if it never worked.
If the apostles failed due to lack of faith so can we. Dont try to make the bible fit your situation. Read the facts that God said. I just quoted scripture for you. So why do you blame me for accusing anyone?

Why couldnt we heal the boy? they asked. Jesus told then straigh. Because of your lack of faith. Oh give us more faith shhh Jesus is saying your talking like you have some. A musterd seed will move the moutian. Thats the same amount you got to get you saved. You want to walk down the street with me and I will show you your lack of faith in 4 seconds and mine lack. Read what God said not what you think I said.
We all have people who are beautiful and deserves a break. I am praying for people since years. Should I just stop and take the easy way out like you and blame the guy is is still out swinging the bat against the tide. No I will keep doing what scripture says. Paul said He is growing into it all. So are we. Its a life style. Not something we get when desperate. I feel for your friends. How many have they seen healed by there own hands before the girl got sick/attacked by satan? That will tell you whats wrong with them and anyone else who is praying. So yes scriopture tells us if the mountain doesnt move no faith. Really sorry.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As to BOL, it is not my job to fight him. Maybe God has shown you that it is yours. If so then please proceed.
I never said you have to take anything to do with him. I never asked you to join in and fight him. God never showed me to fight anyone ever.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a question about something I said, please say what it is. I am not always the answer man. Sometimes I know the answer because God has given it to me. Sometimes my flesh gets in the way and I miss it. If you believe I am error or have misstated something let me know what it is and I will try to make it right.
I dont have a question I pointed out a few this you said that were worng. And theres no need for you to go back to anwser then I already did.
You clearly said Gods not to concernd with heaing the body. That is 100% wrong . You more or less said we are born to die . So that also is wrong.
You said we were born dead. No Adam was not born dead. As I said we are born by the creator of life and not death. God is God of the living not dead. Death come from satan. So as I said. we were born to live and live life to that full as Vhrist said He came to restore that which was lost. Life was lost because death came. Jesus resorted out rightfull place at the table with life more abundant.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't you notice how diplomatically I posted to you..? :D
I am not choosing to get into a battle that Jesus was not God, my friend!!! hahahaha...
I like my pleasant life without too much turmoil stirred up!!! ;)
Didnt you know I love you and your posts amd would not ever want to upset you. You look like the typw who wont get upset. I am well on your side. didnt you notice I like almost every post you make. Including the one you quoted to me. I have become less giplomatic as time goes by in here as. Oti pointed out.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, he died when he ate of the fruit from the forbidden tree.
But you said we were born dead. I am not fighting just pointing out little things that you been saying that are not quite right, so causes confusion. flush them out so to speak. Peace bro.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If the healing does not appear its your lack nothing else. Faith moves the moputian. If the healing does not come, No faith.
can you clear this up with the one about the dead guy not needing any faith to get resurrected? ty
"no faith healers in hospitals, bc psychics/lotteries" though, hmm

Reactions: mjrhealth