have you ever been to jw Memorial

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Is that like mass or communion?

I wouldn't do it, you may be asked if you are right with the fellowship, which you are not in your heart. So to agree with and partake of the ordinance would be dishonest.

If you go, read 1 corinthians 11 first.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be flatly honest with you, I consider there to be some serious healing power in that Memorial (The Lord's Supper, or Communion, or Eucharist... as different denominations refer to it.). And I would not just play around with it as though it was nothing more than a church ritual I was expected to participate in.

Reactions: lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
When I was very young I was permitted to eat extra communion bread that was leftover. Some time later I became unable to eat solid foods for months, no doctors could figure out why.

I agree with willie, take the body and blood of Christ very seriously.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was very young I was permitted to eat extra communion bread that was leftover. Some time later I became unable to eat solid foods for months, no doctors could figure out why.

I agree with willie, take the body and blood of Christ very seriously.
Well, I have to say, THAT was not what I meant, at all. The act is spiritual and serious, but in no way do I think the bread or wine/juice is "magical." As a child, you were just eating a snack.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well, I have to say, THAT was not what I meant, at all. The act is spiritual and serious, but in no way do I think the bread or wine/juice is "magical." As a child, you were just eating a snack.

So ignorance is an excuse?