To be in agreement with the Holy Spirit, you need to pray that your memories be ready and your obedience available (charged?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there is a little verse, where Jesus says the Holy Spirit will come to bring all things to remembrance and instruct you in all things. What does this mean? It means that to be ready for the Holy Spirit, we need to be praying for our memories and obedience. If our memories are ready, then the Holy Spirit will be able to communicate with us, things about the Lord - what He did, where He went, why He went there. If our obedience is available, then we are fit for all manner of works - which the Holy Spirit can then guide us through. This is not to neglect grace, but because of grace. The aim is to grow in Grace.

If we grow in Grace, in these two things, then we will become fruitful, and will prosper - out fruit remaining (as the Lord promised). We will find it easier to get along with our brothers and will be inspired. Not just ready for works for the sake of works, but inspired with a passion to do the Will of the Lord. This is power. The Holy Spirit is able to tell us about memories to come and instructions to come, also - as the Lord said. Those things that the Lord remembers and that the Lord does, will be given to us by the Holy Spirit - which is what Jesus said, when He said "He will take from Me, and give to you". This is a greater power, than we have known!

So understanding that God wants these things, we are able to submit, to Him and to venerate Him for all the good things He is doing through us. We have the power to do it, this way and that, but God steers the ship. We should be grateful, as well. If the Holy Spirit is not thanked for bringing to remembrance and thanked for giving instruction, that is not the end - but it should weigh heavily on our conscience, that if we rely on the Holy Spirit for these things, we ought to be grateful. We can always just thank God for our Salvation, but God wants a personal relationship and I don't doubt that the Holy Spirit is deserving of one. Can we do it together?

In all, this is just meant to start your gears turning about what the Will of God is, after Jesus. I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says the Holy Spirit will come to bring all things to remembrance and instruct you in all things.
This was spoken to the Apostles before the cross indicating that after the cross this would happen and did come into play on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. The spirit came upon the Apostles just as told and reminded them of all Jesus taught and gave them the words to preach the now complete gospel.

We that obey the gospel receive the indwelling spirit which also helps us remember the word as we live our life also . So when we come under temptation he reminds us of the word that will strengthen us to help us turn from temptation.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This was spoken to the Apostles before the cross indicating that after the cross this would happen and did come into play on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. The spirit came upon the Apostles just as told and reminded them of all Jesus taught and gave them the words to preach the now complete gospel.

We that obey the gospel receive the indwelling spirit which also helps us remember the word as we live our life also . So when we come under temptation he reminds us of the word that will strengthen us to help us turn from temptation.
Jesus also said "what you bind in Heaven will be bound on Earth"

If the Holy Spirit has come in Heaven, then He will be able to come in flesh on Earth.

It just stands to reason.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus also said "what you bind in Heaven will be bound on Earth"

If the Holy Spirit has come in Heaven, then He will be able to come in flesh on Earth.

It just stands to reason.
Yes God can accomplish whatever he desires but I do not read anywhere in Scripture that the holy spirit will take on flesh. It just does not appear to be in the cards.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here are a few things to know, regarding "Growing in Grace".

One is, .. spiritual growth is related to gaining revelation knowledge, regarding " The GRACE of God".

Reader.....What do you really know about it, other then cults teach that "Grace" is OSAS or License. ???
So, that's not the one you want to become, or remain.

Instead, go to Hebrews 13:9... and do what the verse tells you to do with your heart and never let it go.

Reader, everything related to Salvation, including your walk of faith and the power of your discipleship.. is GRACE OF GOD, based.

It's the God Man on the Cross, as God's Grace.

Its "i can do all things through Christ" which is another understanding of "God's Grace".

"Christ ALWAYS gives me the Victory" over the world, the flesh, and the Devil .. = God's GRACE.

Its God's Grace that has "Redeemed the born again from the curse of the Law", by Spiritual Birth, so that you end up here..

= "not under the Law, but under Grace"..

See, CHRISTianity, is God's Grace, as your Salvation.

Accept no substitute, as the Devil has plenty of those to offer you.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. The Spirit of God is the power of God. However, there is a contradistinction between the Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit.

In Genesis, the Spirit of God moved over the face of the Deep. The Spirit of God is God Jehovah's power in action, his active force. GOD sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place to accomplish his will [Psalm 104:30; 139:7].

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter or Helper, the Paraclete or Counselor, even the Advocate. The Holy Spirit is the invisible presence of God that was promised to indwell believers. Jesus promised he would send the Holy Spirit after Jesus went to heaven. John 14:15-25.
This is interesting. The first time I have heard this theory so tell me which would you say was on Pentecost and Cornelius? I see the indwelling spirit and a power spirit given in both cases and these two only so what say you?