Having your identity rooted in Christ---what does that mean for you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share what you've learned about having your identity rooted in Christ.

For me, I know I have room to improve. My emotions often dictate how I feel about my identity. But more and more, I feel grounded in the love of God and seeking to please Him first.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For me, I know I have room to improve. My emotions often dictate how I feel about my identity. But more and more, I feel grounded in the love of God and seeking to please Him first.

The greatest blessing of freedom I have as yet received from above is the truth, ‘that I have died and my life is hid with Christ in God’…. This truth did more to free me from me, then words can describe….

Be blessed in being inwardly taught from above….

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona,
Someone once said to me that you have more than "one" identity.
Some identify as their profession, some as an active mom, their 'orientation'. I understood what she was saying but, as a professed Christian, I would have thought she would have put Christ as her number one identity, all else should flow from Him.
Identity is not "what" we are it's is what we do, really!
A Christian would (should?) do all things in the light as He is in the light. All decisions we make on a daily basis, even the small ones IMHO, should be filtered through the lens of Christ. Our very words, our attitude, all of us should exuded Christ..."Work out your own salvation..." :)
Good post.
xo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Having your identity rooted in Christ---what does that mean for you?
God sees me as a Prince and encourages me to see myself as one also.
The message of reconciliation is
committed to me and to all who hear his voice.

Colossians 3:4 'when Christ who is our life appears then shall we appear with him in glory'

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For me being rooted in Christ is to be able to weather the storms life throws at you to try your faith. There are many adverse situations in this life we will find ourselves in, and we either respond poorly or in Love, which is the essence of what Paul is speaking of in Ephesians 3:17 This being part of Paul's second prayer for the Ephesian church (Verses 14-21), and by being rooted in this love, we begin to understand the depth of the love of Christ with the saints (verse 18-19).

Reactions: Wynona and TLHKAJ

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Salvation and life without ending, is what having my identity in Christ means for me, true love for our Lord and Savior who shed his blood for us so that we may have life everlasting without end.

Hope you are doing well Wynona, God bless you sister.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Salvation and life without ending, is what having my identity in Christ means for me, true love for our Lord and Savior who shed his blood for us so that we may have life everlasting without end.

Hope you are doing well Wynona, God bless you sister.

I'm doing well JohnPaul! God bless you too!

Reactions: JohnPaul

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it looks like trading my apppearance-conscious self awareness for God awareness. Knowing He is first and in the background, but I reflect Him and am made in His image.

I can stand tall and hold my head up high because God put so much in me and I can be confident in that.

Reactions: Lambano

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always think that I have been blessed to have learned early on in my Christian life that my relationship with God depends more on who he is than who I am. Whatever I may think of myself I know he loves me, I know he has forgiven my sins – every last one – and that he is merciful, gracious and loving. Also I know that he delights in me and wants the best for me; that he doesn’t care if I am not beautiful or clever or if I have status or wealth. He loves me for who I am in him not for who I am in the world.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When we do things the Lord's way, we have integrity. I think that means a lot.

Reactions: Wynona