HEART, MIND AND SOUL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This has been one of those times where things come together from different places to make a whole.

Somewhere on this site I read this yesterday:

Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

And just as I was getting in bed last night, after I had been praying, that passage came to me with the insight that just as we are three parts – heart, soul and body – made in the likeness of God. So therefore God too has three parts – which I already knew – but this just makes it easier to explain.

So God the Father is the ‘Mind’ - the control centre.
Jesus the son is the ‘Soul’ – The very essence of God
And the Holy Spirit is the ‘Heart’ – The life force of God.

And then in my daily reading this morning I read:

Loving God, in a noisy world, when You speak to my heart, mind, and spirit in and through the Scriptures, may I hear You over all.

One God but three persons/parts.

So as I said it was confirmed and all came together nicely.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has been one of those times where things come together from different places to make a whole.

Somewhere on this site I read this yesterday:

Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

And just as I was getting in bed last night, after I had been praying, that passage came to me with the insight that just as we are three parts – heart, soul and body – made in the likeness of God. So therefore God too has three parts – which I already knew – but this just makes it easier to explain.

So God is the ‘Mind’ - the control centre.
Jesus is the ‘Soul’ – The very essence of God
And the Holy Spirit is the ‘Heart’ – The life force of God.

And then in my daily reading this morning I read:

Loving God, in a noisy world, when You speak to my heart, mind, and spirit in and through the Scriptures, may I hear You over all.

So as I said it was confirmed and all came together nicely.

Did you know that soul means breathing creature maam? I didn't know that until recently. We learn every day.