Heart rate problems

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My heart rate got down to 44 beats per minute today. I looked up the risks associated with slow heart rate and it said "fainting" and "sudden cardiac arrest". I've had a few chest pains in the past few months and one episode of shortness of breath. I saw the doctor already and they did an EKG that turned up normal.

My heart rate shortly returned to 64 beats per minute and now it's up to 80 after drinking some coffee.

What should I do about this? I'm a little hesitant to go to the doctor at this point, but perhaps if it becomes a problem in some way.
@devin553344 Some of us have to watch our heart rate; I find that regular but not strenuous exercise, plus a balanced diet helps a great deal.

Reactions: dev553344

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart rate got down to 44 beats per minute today. I looked up the risks associated with slow heart rate and it said "fainting" and "sudden cardiac arrest". I've had a few chest pains in the past few months and one episode of shortness of breath. I saw the doctor already and they did an EKG that turned up normal.

My heart rate shortly returned to 64 beats per minute and now it's up to 80 after drinking some coffee.

What should I do about this? I'm a little hesitant to go to the doctor at this point, but perhaps if it becomes a problem in some way.
In 2004, 18 years ago, my heart rate dropped to 30 and my weakness was to the point of me passing out.

They said at that time the problem was not with the heart muscle itself but with the natural pacemaker in my body. For me the end result was the installation of an artificial pacemaker in my chest to tell the heart when to speed up in order to keep me at the proper rate. Now my pacemaker is set at 55 which means if my heart at any time drops to 55 the pacemaker will send a signal causing it to it speed up.

It is an artificial fix for the episodes of weakness, cold sweats, tingling in my arms which still hit me periodically. I know when it is happening, but the pacemaker works. The episodes usually last from 30 minutes to an hour... varying in duration and intensity. I usually simply sit down relax and wait for it to end. My wife will bring me a glass of juice which seems to help a little. If it is too severe, in spite of the pacemaker, I have had to go to the Emergency Room.

The pacemaker battery was replaced in 2012 and a lead added due to new problems with defib, but it works. Sometime later this year they will have to replace the battery again.

God has shown men a few things so they can help but of course we must as always give God the glory!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 2004, 18 years ago, my heart rate dropped to 30 and my weakness was to the point of me passing out.

They said at that time the problem was not with the heart muscle itself but with the natural pacemaker in my body. For me the end result was the installation of an artificial pacemaker in my chest to tell the heart when to speed up in order to keep me at the proper rate. Now my pacemaker is set at 55 which means if my heart at any time drops to 55 the pacemaker will send a signal causing it to it speed up.

It is an artificial fix for the episodes of weakness, cold sweats, tingling in my arms which still hit me periodically. I know when it is happening, but the pacemaker works. The episodes usually last from 30 minutes to an hour... varying in duration and intensity. I usually simply sit down relax and wait for it to end. My wife will bring me a glass of juice which seems to help a little. If it is too severe, in spite of the pacemaker, I have had to go to the Emergency Room.

The pacemaker battery was replaced in 2012 and a lead added due to new problems with defib, but it works. Sometime later this year they will have to replace the battery again.

God has shown men a few things so they can help but of course we must as always give God the glory!
Glad you're OK.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Onward in the LORD my friend . The good thing for a lamb is the moment its heart beat stops for good , ITS WITH THE GLORIOUS LORD .
The LORD is always in control . YES indeed . So raise those hands and let the LORD be praised my friend .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In March of 2021 I had "the big one" per Fred Sanford.

One stent and pills and I am back to work.

I love modern medicine.;)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The hearts a funny thing, I went for a dip in a lake on a sweltering summers day many years ago and the shock of the cold water made my heart start palpitating like morse code- dit-dit-dah-da-dit-dit.. and I got an excruciating pain in my kidneys as my plumbing spasmed, I began to faint but scrambled to the bank just in time and it settled down as I warmed up.
I think some drowning victims experience the same thing, so there should be more publicity about the danger of entering cold water too quickly because of the shock to the body.

Reactions: amadeus

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

aw devin5533344, I'll pray. Dear heavenly Father God, devin5533344 is having heart rate problems. I pray that he'll get better and you'll lengthen his life as he's doing your will and let him have a peaceful passing in the future. In Jesus' name I pray, amen!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aw devin5533344, I'll pray. Dear heavenly Father God, devin5533344 is having heart rate problems. I pray that he'll get better and you'll lengthen his life as he's doing your will and let him have a peaceful passing in the future. In Jesus' name I pray, amen!
Thank you :)

Reactions: amadeus

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God I pray that this concern Devin has is only temporary, and will not cause further problems. If it continues, I ask that You will bring him super natural healing, or give him the wisdom to know if and when he should get it looked into by Your servants the doctors and medical staff, thank You God, In Jesus Name, Amen

Sorry Devin, coffee does not normally count as a suitable fluid in dehydration, in fact it's noted for causing dehydration if coffee is in excess? Don't know where you are, but high environmental temperatures can also cause dehydration, it's been really hot in a lot of places lately, so first start out with drinking suitable fluids, like water, Gatorade, since it is a balancer, unsweetened juices, weak teas, broths, and so on to see if that helps? Some medications can also lower heart rate. May God lead you to a solution.

Arise slowly if you get dizzy.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God I pray that this concern Devin has is only temporary, and will not cause further problems. If it continues, I ask that You will bring him super natural healing, or give him the wisdom to know if and when he should get it looked into by Your servants the doctors and medical staff, thank You God, In Jesus Name, Amen

Sorry Devin, coffee does not normally count as a suitable fluid in dehydration, in fact it's noted for causing dehydration if coffee is in excess? Don't know where you are, but high environmental temperatures can also cause dehydration, it's been really hot in a lot of places lately, so first start out with drinking suitable fluids, like water, Gatorade, since it is a balancer, unsweetened juices, weak teas, broths, and so on to see if that helps? Some medications can also lower heart rate. May God lead you to a solution.

Arise slowly if you get dizzy.
Good prayer Dosia. Thanks!