Heaven and Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What exactly is Heaven and Hell? And how did the church see it? Please explain all of this and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus' soul joined all the souls of history He brought the good news there for those that would accept it.

Some souls rejected Jesus' and they experience hell. where good is absent is hell. It was their habit in life to reject good. They can't help but reject it again.

Those who accepted Jesus experienced the purging of their imperfections as they drew near to Him. When all their works of wood and hay are burnt away they see God.

To see God as He is is transformative. " We will see Him as He is, and we will be like Him." That's heaven with God in Glory.

Reactions: John Stefan

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly is Heaven and Hell? And how did the church see it? Please explain all of this and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Heaven primarily is a place, the resident home of God and the angels. It is used to represent the atmosphere of the earth as well, where the birds fly.

Hell is the abode of the dead awaiting resurrection, not really a place unless you want to consider it a literal grave, but rather a state, it represents all those in God's memory that are awaiting a resurrection sir.

Reactions: John Stefan

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan
I think hell is the consequence of sin. For example, if you rob a bank, you go to prison. Heaven would be life with out such consequences.